What can I use to help nourish my baby's extremely dry facial skin?

Baby's skin can be difficult to care for since it is so sensitive. How do you keep your baby's skin hydrated without irritating it?

13 6

use natural oil like almond oil, sesame, or olive. put in either in the bathtub, or rub into the skin before bath time. beautiful.

2
15 13

I would perhaps avoid the almond as it is nut based-advice i was given by all my health workers but olive oil worked a treat after the bath as a moisturiser.

1 266

Plain coconut oil is EXTREMELY good for skin, both yours and baby's.

2
12 0

My son was born in November, and has excema, and the one doctor suggested using Crisco. A lady at our church suggested pure olive oil. Another doctor suggested putting vaseline on him right after a bath before drying him off to hold in the moisture. My mother-in-law who watches him for me uses Alveeno Baby Eczema lotion... constantly. I wish I knew the answer to this, but I'm going to try that Cetaphil that a couple of people suggested. Thanks for asking! :o)

2
6 21

try Neways. www.neways.com - or click on link for your country! Briliant stuff for any skin conditions.

16 80

If you're nursing, breastmilk. It works for everything from dry skin to congestion. If you're not nursing, California Baby Calming Lotion.

2
1 0

Melaleuca, the Wellness Company has a skin moisturing cream called "Renew". It works better than Eucerine in clinical tests. go to my site, www.sylviawill.tellmethestory.com. Enter with the user name and password "story". Go to the wellness presentation. Click on option 2 and view the slide and video. Then call me with your questions!

1
15 0

Arbonne international ABC Baby Care is the best you can use. It is Pure & Safe. My id number is 440014099 so go on line and buy some to help keep your baby safe from chemicals.

0
64 0

Dry skin is typically caused by a pH imbalance. That can be caused by the water or what you're using to wash with. If you could get a pH test kit, which is sold in many stores, you can test your water. If it's lower then the pH of your baby's skin, then you need to find a lotion that says pH balanced, and also have vitamin E and/or aloe vera. Both can nourish the skin, and keep it balanced. You can also try some baby oil 2-3 times a week.
No matter which way you choose, you don't want to use too much of anything. Too much moisturizer can make your body stop producing the essential oil your body needs, because it knows it's getting outside moisture. And using too much antiseptic, such as alcohol, or a soap/shampoo with the wrong pH level, or anything else that can leave your skin feeling dry, your body will end up making more oils to get your skin back to feeling moisturized and soft. And when your body makes too much oil, that's how you can end up with pimples and rashes similar to a diaper rash, and even an infection.
And with a baby's skin, you should be extra careful, because their skin is so much sensitive then an adults. That's why there's so many baby products.
Aloe vera is good for all ages because it's a natural extract. So pretty much the only side effect would be an allergic reaction. Natural and herbal remedies might be best for a baby, cause they aren't as harsh as lotions and creams or whatever.
So you can do some research on different herbs, vitamins, lotions, ointments or anything else you can think of. I tried some of that oatmeal bath stuff with my daughter, and I didn't notice any change, but it could work for you. Everybody's different, so you'll just have to experiment(so to speak), and find what works best for your baby. Just remember to do it slowly, so you know if they're allergic to something or not.

0
5 16

I tried baby eczema cream before and it didn't work. I've used eucerin and it worked great! The dry skin went away in two days. The best thing is that it's odorless, a bit sticky at first but works so very fast in my experience. I use it on my own face as well for those dry spots after showering. Eucerin/aquaphor. GL!

0
1 0

Hi there, I had a son that was nearly 3 weeks overdue and as such came out very dry! The BEST thing I found which was the least expensive (due to having an Italian chef for a husband) was Olive Oil. Brilliant stuff - I use it myself now on any areas of dry skin - great for the feet :-)

0
1 90

Arbonne ABC baby care is GREAT!!! Gluten free and vegan approved. Doctors even recommend these products. They can even be used on adults with sensitive skin. www.Arbonne.com ID:19358348. My email is Selena1721803@yahoo.com should you have any questions.

0
0 0

I used calendula cream by California Baby on my newborn and her face is now clear and smooth. No more dry skin and baby acne. This stuff is amazing!

0
8 20

Have you tried Arbonne ABC Baby Care

0
8 20

www.TimeToPrime.myarbonne.com.au

4 21

I answered this in another thread about nappy rash. I use aqueous cream as a bath soap and shampoo and E45 as a cream for after my son's bath. He did have a dry scalp for a bit but I used olive oil mixed with vaseline (mix a bit of each in your palm until it is runny then rub in to the area) It worked but I found E45 did the job a lot better. Green Baby does some really good ointments and soaps that are all herbal and work wonders but it really comes down to what works for your baby as it may work for some but not for others. I wish you all the best in finding the one that works for you.
P.S. I was a very very bad eczema sufferer as a child and my mum tried everything under the sun and some days one thing worked and another day it didnt. Olive oil helped best but it all depended on what my skin did on a particular day. All the best and Good luck

0
2 21

Our daughter had a bad patch of dry skin and the dr suggested using aquaphor on it and it seemed to work great! so you might wanna try that!

0
240 1

Shea moisture with orangic shea, argan oil and chamomile for baby. I buy it from target and I use the body wash on my little one. She has very sensitive skin and this stuff is awesome!!!

0
10 0

My daughter has very dry, scaley skin on her forehead between her eyes. A friend recommended using breastmilk to moisterize the area. It seems to be helping and it certainly can't hurt! (of course if you are not breast feeding this is not very helpful...) :)

0
0 0

My little boy (Now 2) had very bad exzema when he was a baby. When he was first born we made the mistake of using a sorbolene cream (BIG MISTAKE). Poor little man, it burnt his skin. We ended up going to the Dr and getting a prescribed cream. As he grew out of it we started using Lucas PAWPAW Ointment on his dry face and it cleared up and also worked as a barrier cream to prevent further dryness. He now doesnt need the prescribed cream.

I also found that not using soap made a huge difference. We now use Goats Milk soap. Using soap free washes and soaps without any fragrances such as the bedtime one (That we all love the smell of!!! :D) really helped. And it was also as simple as changing to unscented wipes.

By The time we had our second baby we had almost no irritants in our bathroom and she has had no problems with her skin at all.

Good Luck finding what works best for you and your baby.

0
7 12

My son had really bad dry skin when he was little and the doctor told me to use a moisturizer called cetaphil. It worked great. Then 2nd da and I could barely see the dry spots. It's all I use on him now and he's never had another problem. They also have bar soap in the same brand that I use to wash him.

0
1 17

You can use this lotion called sarna its rather expensive but it lasts they have original and anti itch. Both work the same just one has a stronger smell than the other. If that's doesn't work you can try aquaphor lotion.

0
6 21

Do not but on any cheap chemical creams from the supermarket! (Even the ones that are expensive are Cheap and Nasty). I only use quality products that work, and dont have any possible harmful ingredients - NEWAYS. It is simple, I dont even go down those stinky aisles at the supermarket anymore. - I get all our shampoo, soaps, creams, make-up, and cleaning products online! I save even more money on medical bills too. - no skin problems for us! I used to have really bad acne until i started using NW at 27yo. At our 20year high-school reunion, the girls said I look even younger each time they see me.

0
6 21

http://VickiC.myneways.com.au/

9 17

Cocoa butter for babies

0
6 17

Our pediatrician recommended CETAPHIL and it worked for my 3. They ALL had mod-severe facial and crease (inside elbow & back of knee) dryness early on and I used cetaphil consistently along with a light soap like IVORY for short baths. Their skin dryness has resolved (only with ocassional flare-ups).

0
4 0

Aquaphor is the best for dry skin/eczema skin also! Though it is thick it workd if you consistently apply :)

0
27 39

doterra essential oils lavendar and melaleuca can be used for any skin rash or problem.

0
2 17

Try what i used for my baby boy now is 10 months old,homemade dried camomille flower,minced it 2 tbsp. then put in glass container with 150 ml olive oil,let it stay from the sun for 10 days,strain the flowers on dry cloth,dub with cotton the mixture (homemade)and put on the face of your baby,I found out that olive oil is good for nourishment and sensitive skin and camomille is anti-inflammatory..I hope it will help you,using prolong cortisone make the skin thick and discoloration is possible..

2 1

Absolutely the best for this is Renew. I agree with Sylvia. Good for any skin irritations anywhere on your baby's body or for anyone's body for that matter.

-1