What do you love about being a military mom?

0 0

I love being a military wife & mom because we are able to appreciate life in a whole new way. I love that military life brought us out of our "bubble" into a world of experiences we could have never imagined and has made us stronger as a family as we lean on our faith and each other. I love that my daughter is proud not only of her Daddy, but of our country and our God. I love that she stands up and puts her hand over her heart anytime she hears the national anthem - even if it's on TV. I love that my husband enjoys his job and that even on the hard days, he is doing something he is proud of. I love that we've made friends with people that we would have never crossed paths with were it not for the military. I love that every time we are apart, my husband and I appreciate each other even more and our marriage grows stronger every day. I love that my daughter gets to see how I react when I miss her Daddy, when the truck breaks, when the plumbing leaks, or when a friend moves away - and she learns that it's ok to cry, but also that we can ask God for strength and together get through the toughest of times because our family is a team!

1
3 23

I'm not going to sugar coat it, it can be tough, but the sense of pride you feel being a military family is something hard to explain? I think even in their own small way the kids feel it. I can see it when my son talks about his daddy and what he does. The experiences my children get to have because of this life are hard to replicate, and we are beyond blessed

0
28 0

I love that every day is a new adventure. We deal with crazy schedules and the unexpected, but we also get to live in different areas and explore places my kids wouldn't see otherwise.

0
1 0

Being a military mom means that we won't ever be in one place for too long. I love that my child's story includes our current stint in England, that he'll learn that the ABC's end with "zed" in preschool. It's my hope that our journey helps us raise children with an appreciation for the rich diversity offered by the world!

0
1 0

The opportunity to help younger moms with the ups and downs of military life, especially moving and deployments.

0
0 0

There are so many things that I love about being a military mom! First, I am able to support my husband in the career that he loves. I grew up a "Navy Brat" and am used to the crazy military lifestyle.
I love being able to move around the country, meet new people and have experiences I never would otherwise.
I think the military lifestyle is great for my kids. It teaches them resilience, to "bloom where where planted" and they are exposed to ALL kinds of people and places.
The military community is second to none. Support, friendship and taking care of each other is the key.

0
0 0

Being a military mom is one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done. Every day is all about helping my children, my spouse and my battle buddies learn to be flexible, empowered and happy in a lifestyle that is full of change and chaos. Being a military mom presents challenges that the civilian world doesn't have to deal with, and I love the change and growth that this lifestyle brings.

I believe that my job as a parent is to educate and support my children (as well as those in my extended military family) in a way that helps them develop the skills they need to thrive in this environment. And most of all I love it when I see them express themselves, show their resiliency and grow as individuals.

0
0 0

I love being a military Mom because I think that my husband and I teach our children about the importance of accepting and embracing change, serving your country, giving to others (even those we don't know) and having a chance to meet new people, see other parts of the world and experience things we wouldn't otherwise have experienced.

0
0 0

I love the adventures. I love the constant changes. I love not really knowing what is going to happen, even though sometimes it drives me crazy! I love the order. I love the military family. I think most of all, I love feeling like I am a part of something great, something amazing, and possibly be a part of making history.

0
17 27

I never imagined that I'd be a military wife and mom to military kids but I can't imagine my life any different. I love that we've been able to show our kids places and people of the world they'd otherwise never been able to see. I love that we have 4 kids who are one another's best friends and have each other where ever we go.

0
0 0

Having the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people and to have friends all over the world!

0
0 49

The things that I love the most about being a military mom are, meeting new people from all over the country and all over the world, that I have a common bond with. Another thing is having such an amazing husband, and watching him teach our son everyday what it is to be noble, caring, loving, honest, hardworking, and just a good person all around. I love watching the two of them together. It melts my heart. And I know that my husband will be great with all our future children as well!

0
0 0

There is so much I love about being a military wife and mom. Mostly, I love the pride I feel for my country and for my husband. I am happy that my children can grow up in a safe environment and learn that although life isn't easy, life is good. I love the benefits that come with being a military family and even though military life can be difficult it has taught me so much and for that I am thankful.

0
0 0

The adventure! This is not the life I grew up knowing but I love all the experiences my son will have because of this military lifestyle.

0
0 0

Being a military mom isn't much different than being any other type of mom, we have our hardships just like any other family. For many of us military life is all our kids have known.

I do love that my kids will be able to say that their daddy is a soldier, that he fought for our country and did so with a very elite group of soldiers. I hope we are able to instill in them the cost of war (in an age appropriate way) and tell them about the friends we've lost so that we all can enjoy our freedom.

0
0 0

Well, now, that might be hard to narrow down, because there are SO many SPECIAL things I love about parenting ALONE when my husband is deployed -- having to talk to your teenage son about puberty, eating macaroni and cheese straight out of the pot and not showering because you can, and hearing about your husband's wild port visits while you are stuck with carpool duty. No really, I absolutely LOVE our military life because, even though there have been hardships, it has been and continues to be a grand adventure! I have been a military mom since my oldest son was born over 17 years ago, so for us it has become a kind of culture - part and parcel of our identity and lifestyle as a family.

0
0 0

I love the sense of pride my kids feel for what their dad does, and watching them grow to accept and conquer the unique challenges of being a military child. We're blessed to experience moving, exploring new places, making new friends, and reconnecting with old ones. Our children are quick to adapt, to grow. They don't waste time before making new friends, and they are stronger than they appear.

The challenges of this lifestyle offer us, as moms, the opportunity to teach our children so much about tradition, and honor, and sacrifice, but also about the amazing compassion and over-all world mission that our military partakes in.

One thing that can be difficult to remember is that we are not "single" parents, even when our husbands deploy. We may be the sole caretakers, but I am blessed to have a husband with whom I can share my worries and my laughter even when he is deployed thousands of miles away. One thing I truly love about being a military mom is the strength of communication I have with their father, which only makes us stronger parents and better role models for our children.

That's not to say it is easy for them. Military children are often uprooted, missing their parents, and are presented with situations that children of civilians are not. But that gives us the opportunity as mothers to raise children of grace, dignity, spontaneity, and incredible strength. While it's hard for me to comfort the tears when their father deploys, I've never seen anything so beautiful as the joy that radiates from them when he returns. My children teach me about love, and patience, and understanding just as much as I try teach them.

0
0 0

It's tough, especially when you're a "single mom" a good amount of the time, but I love the challenge it brings and the chance to teach our children about true patriotism.

0
0 0

I love the overwhelming feeling of pride I feel every time I see my husband walk through the door in uniform. Every time I hear the National Anthem or see an American flag flying, I know that my husband is part of the reason our freedom is possible.

Raising a child in a military family is no easy feat. Often times, I'm on my own and left to handle the house, bills, and our son the best I can. My child's happiness is above all the most important thing in my life, and in my husband's absence I strive to meet his every need.

Although my husband's absence while deployed or training is less than ideal, the close relationship my son and I have developed because of it is indescribable. We are each others rock and strength to get through the hardships we face. I love waking up to his smiling face and his sweet kisses to remind me that everything will be okay.

0
0 0

Growing up having lived in one place my entire life, I love that being a military family allows us to expose our children to various cultures and lifestyles. Teaching our son what it means to be full of pride for our country and our service members (both past and present) is also par for the course and one aspect of this role that I don't take lightly.

0
0 21

I am a military mom, but I'm still a regular mom. The thing I love most though, is being able to give my children the experiences they've had. We currently live overseas in Japan. How many kids get to visit a foreign country, let alone live in one? I'm doing my best to make the most of our time here. I'm always looking for fun, new places to take the kids. They are seeing how other people live, eat, and that there are completely different people in the world. They've seen things that most people only see pictures of. The experience alone is well worth it sometimes.

0