What do your kids love most about living in New York?

0 0

Everything.

0
0 0

New York is just so alive. At every turn there is an adventure. Because we live in the suburbs, they are always excited to go into the city. It always means a ride on the train which can be an adventure in itself. Equally, we've loved exploring all the quaint little towns in Long Island and Westchester.

0
0 0

The Hudson Valley is a wonderful place to raise a family. When my husband and I chose to move here 17 years ago, we were attracted by the rich cultural history and family friendly offerings of the Valley.

My oldest child has a strong artistic side and enjoys the bold exhibits of the Dia:Beacon. For my budding culinary entrepreneur, the Culinary Institute of America, not only offers cooperative education opportunities, but also community events that allow her to explore and express her interests.

My kids really like when they can sleep in, but every year each and every one of them jumps out of bed at 5am to watch the launch of the Hudson Valley Balloon Festival from the Walkway Over the Hudson.

The Hudson Valley is rich in history. I will never forget how excited my daughter got when she realized that Sybil Ludington (think Paul Revere, but a teenage girl) literally rode her horse in front of our house. Being able to connect the history they read in books to real life experiences has fostered a deep respect for the past.

Finally, since we are only a short train ride north of Manhattan, we enjoy regular trips into the city. Visiting the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center and the animated window displays on Fifth Avenue, is one of our favorite family traditions. The lights in Time Square and a Broadway show have become a right of passage, that started when we brought our oldest to see Cats, and one of the actors climbed up in her lap and purred.

Everyone of my kids is different, and their interests are spread across the spectrum. The Hudson Valley has provided them the opportunity to uniquely express themselves everyday. It is those moments, when the spark of interest, curiosity, or insight ignites in their eyes that I treasure most.

0
0 0

My kids love New York's world class museums. Many of the city's museums have excellent programs specifically geared towards kids. Both MOMA and the Met have programs that introduce art and art concepts to children, and even have programs tailored to different age groups.

0
0 0

Daniele: We are very fortunate to live on Long Island, NY. There is always something to do, any time of the year. Being surrounded by water allows us amazing access to both the ocean and bay beaches. We are also able to enjoy the diverse agricultural aspect of the North and South forks of Long Island. We are also lucky to be an hour east of NYC and an hour west of the eastern end of Long Island. We really love our location. It is incredible that just a short hour in either direction can bring you to the big city or to rural farmland.

Denine: Another great perk of living in New York is that our children get to fully experience all four seasons. Long Island's climate allows us to see the passing of time by simply watching our surroundings. The changing colors of leaves, the crops that are in season, or the amount of jellyfish in the ocean - they all change with each season and being able to appreciate that is a truly spectacular way to live life.

0
0 51

I love everything about living in NYC! My kids are exposed to so much here from museums to state of the art parks, there is always something to do. Everyday is an adventure for us.

0
0 0

The museums, theater and amazing variety of food!

0
0 0

My kids really enjoy the abundance of opportunities to explore and learn - every day is truly an adventure in NYC! Whether discovering something new in a familiar area or venturing into a new domain that we haven't yet explored - there is always something new and exciting to do, see and learn in New York.

0
4 279

We live in beautiful Westchester, NY, an hour by train away from NYC. It's so green and beautiful here. It's no wonder the rich and famous live here, so many great things to do but away from the fast life of NYC. Just how I like it :)

0
3 76

They love the changing of the seasons, especially playing with the snow in Winter.

0
0 2

The busy streets and that we have to take transportation everywhere.

0
0 0

My son is a toddler and loves animals. Which happens to be a good thing since we live in the country of WNY. Like full blown, have cows as neighbors, country. On our runs we stop and say Moo to the cows and Neigh to the horses. We also take advantage of the many great state parks close by (Letchworth, Allegany) and of course Niagara Falls.

0
0 0

They love that there is always something to do! In each borough there is always something new to explore.

0
0 0

My 22 year old loves the shopping, the food scene and Central Park. My 17 year old loves Astor Place, the East Village and Union Square. And my 4 year old loves the playgrounds, the subway and the Museum of Natural History.

0
0 0

There is such variety in NY. One day we could be swimming in the Hamptons and the next we could be running around the Museum of Natural History. We literally live in the center of it all! New York is a state like no other.

0
0 0

There is so much to love about New York, where do I even start? The restaurants, the diverse range of cultures living together as one, the parks, the museums, schools, BROOKLYN and the wonderful people who live here.... oh and snowy Christmas's in New York City are our favorite (such a magical time for Little Ones).
There is something for every child in New York City, it is a wild and crazy place but also a place where a young mind can flourish! One in a Million for sure.

0
2 0

My kids love being able to get around on their own, unlike their friends in the 'burbs who need their parents to drive them everywhere!

0
0 0

Strangely enough, the train and subways. There's something about this mode of transportation that screams NEW YORK to my kids. Totally love it.

0
0 0

My kids love the diversity and all of the exciting things to do and see in New York. There is always something going on in New York City and one can learn so much about art, other cultures, and about music here.

0