What do your kids love most about living in NorCal?

0 0

Our mild weather year-round that allows for sports, travel, and activities without the pain of too much rain, snow, or smog.

0
1 8

They love the weather and that we have so many great outings so near!

0
5 0

My daughter loves the duality of living in a small town that is just 15 minutes from a huge city (San Jose). We can go to San Jose Sharks games right after school, or enjoy a fantastic dinner at her favorite restaurant on a whim. She enjoys concerts, shopping, outdoor activities, high-tech libraries, eclectic neighborhoods and a fabulous school in a great community. She celebrated her 16th birthday on the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and is currently visiting all our local colleges because she doesn't want to venture too far from beautiful NorCal.

0
0 0

They'd probably answer the San Francisco Giants, but from a broader perspective, they love the unlimited activities. The love the beach, year-round outdoor sports, quick trips to San Francisco, and of course, the Giants, 49ers, and Stanford football.

0
0 0

My boys love that we can play outside through all four seasons, and I love that, even in the winter, I don't have to dress the baby in layer upon layer before we head out!

0
0 0

As Owen grows older I think he'll really appreciate being close to so many FUN places, especially all of the professional sports teams we have near us in the Bay Area. I don't think he'll ever feel starved for culture growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area!

0
0 0

Chloe is only 4 years old so she's too young to really know this whole concept now. Right now she loves the beach and collecting shells on our many beach walks. She loves going to the Exploratorium and the Children's Creativity Museum. I feel like there are a lot more things now that cater to kids in San Francisco than there were when I was a child growing up. She definitely has a lot more fun options on things to do.

0
0 0

Camping at Julia Pfiffer State Park, Mount Tamalpias, dolphin, seal and otter watching, wild flowers, banana slugs, tule elk at Tomales Point, tide pools, farmers markets, the Paleontology Department at UC Berkeley.

0
0 0

Honestly, I don't think my kids have a clue how lucky they are. Simply being able to play sports on our front lawn year round is something they've never thought much about. But I'm doing my best to teach them.

0
1 0

My kids love that there is so much for them to do here.
We're always discovering new favourite places to visit: playgrounds, parks, hands-on museums, zoos, aquariums...

0
0 0

I don't really know the exact answer to this. I feel this will be something that will change over the years.

Our oldest wants to live in the country or Paris when she grows up. She loves going to museums, shops, all the parks and her dance classes.

Our middle child (age 6) loves the ocean and would stay there all day if she could.

Our baby is just enjoying going wherever her sisters go.

0
0 0

My kids love living in NorCal because it’s never “one million degrees and it’s never minus one million degrees,” so says the oldest teen. My youngest teen likes the idea of skiing and going to the beach in one day, although we have never made the attempt.

Both boys, ages fifteen and thirteen love going to The City, San Francisco to visit their favorite Asian neighborhoods. In Japantown, steaming bowls of tempura udon noodles and fruity sodas with a glass marble in the bottle are top of the must-do list. In Chinatown, golden moon cakes, cool ceramic bowls or chopsticks make their day.

0
0 0

My daughter has so many options for homeschool. Plus, the options for staycations and field trips are amazing.

0
0 70

We live in the Sacramento region, and it's perfectly situated to enjoy a day in The City (San Francisco) enjoying Dim Sum and brilliant museums, or a day in the mountains in Lake Tahoe, traipsing around farms at Apple Hill, or strolling around in wine country in Napa. Thankfully, my daughters love to explore, try new foods, and be out and about.

In fact, my daughters look forward to heading up to the snow in Tahoe, and returning home where the snow doesn't stick around. We adore living in Northern California.

0
0 0

Since I have a 2.5 year old and a 9 month old, I'm fairly certain they don't fully understand just how lucky they are to live where we do. That being said, I think what they love most is the fact that we're able to explore so much without having to go far at all. I'm hoping that my girls grow up to appreciate living in Northern CA just as much as their parents do!

0
2 0

There's so many fun places we can go in less than an hours drive. You can head to the beach, mountains, or snow. We have it all!

0
0 0

My daughter loves all the places we get to explore living in NorCal like the city of San Francisco, the beach of Santa Cruz and especially all the museums. There is always family activities going on which is our favorite part as a family.

0
0 0

Like any kids, they like having friends around. It's also helpful that the weather is good almost year round, which means no walks to school in the snow.

0
0 0

The weather. Of course, living in the fog bank, they also hate the weather. Either way, we are never stuck inside because of weather for more than one or two days at a stretch.

0
0 91

Playing with their friends. Camping in state and national parks. Driving to Disneyland. Eating fried calamaris on the coast on lazy Sundays. Enjoying festivals from different cultures year round.

0
0 0

EVERYTHING. Their dad and I sometimes tease then about moving back East to where we were raised, and it sends them into paroxysms of protest. They have wonderful friends here, never wear anything but flip flops, and think Oakland is the coolest city anyone could ever live in.

They love the California Academy of Sciences, the de Young, the Asian Art Museum; they love Homeroom, the mac and cheese restaurant in Oakland; they love taking our dog down to Point Isabel in Richmond to let him run off leash in the big dog park by the Bay.

What can I say? Mama didn't raise no fools.

0
0 0

My kids love the ocean.

0
1 22

Exploring nature! They love playing in the sand, camping in the woods, and learning about our local wildlife.

0
4 0

I would have to say the great outdoors! We love to travel, I also have a Food/Travel blog called This Mama Can Cook! (http://www.thismamacancook.net), so we enjoy being outdoors and exploring. Whether it's a trip to the beach (Carmel-by-the-Sea is fabulous!) or going on a Safari Adventure in Santa Rosa; some of our favorite moments have been traveling NorCal. (Did I mention Yosemite?!)

0
0 0

Living in San Francisco, we typically travel around the bay chasing the sun, especially during the summer months. Our children love going on family bike rides in different locations. We've lived in several Bay Area locations, so it's fun to meet up with their friends. The beauty about NorCal, you can go an hour in each direction and have a different experience. This is what my girls love, trying new things.

0