What is an easy vegetable recipe that your kids love?

0 3

We sometimes bake with grated zucchini or grated carrot as an add-in to muffins or cornbread. You can try it with your own favorite recipe too, the key is: after grating, let the grated vegetable sit for a few minutes. Then squeeze out the liquid. I use the vegetable for the muffins or corn bread, and throw the liquid into soup, or add it and herbs into water for making rice. There are more recipe ideas like this one featured in my cookbook: Allergen-free Baking (http://www.homefreetreats.com/p-18-allergen-free-baking-cookbook.aspx).

-Jill

http://www.homefreetreats.com/p-18-allergen-free-baking-cookbook.aspx

0
0 0

I find that the most kid-pleasing and healthy recipes are the ones that you can sneak vegetables into. I've added vegetables into the following dishes without complaint from my little ones: lasagna, quiche, nachos, mexican casseroles, quesadillas, and even macaroni and cheese.

One of my favorites is listed in the related blog post...my peanut, nut and gluten-free quiche! Enjoy!

0
3 32

Smoothies are an easy quick veg/fruit fix for us. I also grate or puree vegetables to add to sauces. But to get them to actually eat a vegetable, roasted broccoli is a hit. Way more flavorful than steamed. Just toss it with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and roast on a cookie sheet at 425 for about 15-20 minutes, until al dente and a little charred. Even my husband couldn't believe how tasty it was!

0
0 0

Vegetable fries! We make them out of squash, carrots, parsnips, beets, potatoes, yams or anything else that can be cut in the shape of a fry! They're easy finger food for little ones learning to feed themselves, and dipping into nutritious sauces is always fun!

Our beet fry recipe can be found here: http://shanonhilton.blogspot.com/2011/08/recipe-chioggia-beet-fries.html

0
0 0

My kids love to "dip" so I make this salad, quinoa, and dressing and they pick their favorite veggies and dip it in the cilantro lime dressing. The roasted curry chickpeas are also their favorite in the salad. I'll link to it below!

0
0 0

Here's the link: http://ohmahdeehness.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/salad-with-cilantro-lime-dressing-brown-rice-couscous-and-roasted-curry-chickpeas-recipe/

10 0

My kids are adventurous eaters, but sometimes it takes a little extra coaxing to get them to eat their veggies. One of my children has multiple food allergies, so we get creative at mealtime. They love edamame (popping the beans out of the pods is super fun!) and pretending that they are dinosaurs and their steamed broccoli are trees to be eaten is highly popular. We also love to throw veggies into dishes like zucchini and tomatoes into chili. Mmmmm...

0
11 22

For a long time I tried everything to get the kids to eat vegetables. Then one day I noticed that my oldest was chewing on grass and tree leaves, so I gave her some raw spinach to teach which leaves are okay to eat and which are not. Then I tried raw broccoli florets and raw carrots. That was apparently the trick - they prefer to eat raw vegetables cut into small pieces. No ranch dip required!

0
0 0

anything roasted. Veggies are caramelized and the kids love them---all you need is a 400 degree oven, toss veg. with olive oil and liberal grinds of salt and pepper. Italian seasoning if you are getting fancy.

0
0 0

My kids happily drink up smoothies with a bunch of fresh kale blended in.

0
3 58

Roasted veggies are a big hit. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in vegetables, which is more pleasing to a little person's palate. This roasted carrot recipe is delicious!

0
0 26

My kids love Cheddar Broccoli Soup - it has carrots, celery, onions and broccoli in it. If your kids aren't a fan of broccoli, you can puree it with the other veggies :)

0
3 0

Although I am forgtunate enough that my children are starting to be less picky, I still do what I have done for the past 10 years- puree and stir in. I puree my greens and add them into pasta sauces, soups, meatloaf/meatballs, chili, homemade burritos and whatever else I can think of. Even our pancakes have pureed carrots sometimes. I love my mini chopper and it sounds silly, but even grown-ups don't like to eat vegetables all of the time. By making the pureed veggies a part of my recipes, I make sure our whole family gets what they need rather than figuring out ways to get my children to just eat them. The great thing about doing this is that sometimes we double-up on our vegetables when we also have a side item since they are already in main dishes.

0
0 0

In my house we are avoiding multiple food allergies, so I'm always looking for creative ways to fix veggies. Follow the link for a recipe for No-Cream Creamed Corn. The "cream" is made with pureed cauliflower. Kids love it! http://www.learningtoeatallergyfree.com/2011/03/no-cream-creamed-corn.html

0
0 0

I feel fortunate in that my kids love spinach. Especially in this creamed form.

0
0 0

My kids love sweet potato fries. They always ask for seconds, which is great because sweet potatoes (yams) are full of good stuff like fiber, vitamins and minerals.

0