What fun activities can I do with my family of 6 that aren't expensive?

It's hard to find unexpensive activities for a big family. Any secret tips that you have for a family of 6 to still have fun without breaking the bank?

1 0

Check out you local library, recreation center, and book stores. Thee are amazing speakers, magicians, children's book authors, and much more for free, or low cost.

4
0 1

We live on the cheap all the time! We have a gym membership and the kids love going swimming and to child care when we work out. It's fairly cheap and we got our $ worth. We also are lucky enough to have paved trails nearby that we go biking/razoring/hiking. I don't know where you live, but there is a low budget/free stuff site that was put together called http://sacramentosidetracks.com/. It's great! We also love to camp, much cheaper and closer to everything.

2
0 0

go to www.geocaching.com, for the price of a handheld GPS unit (about $100) or a smart phone, you can have year around fun any where you go. The whole family can enjoy a treasure hunt & the outdoors together, and you will notice things you never paid attention too, a great learning tool. There are lots of ideas on the website to plan a day around a favorite place or around a park near you. Check out waypoints too ... both are all over the world & sure to be some near you.

2
0 18

www.attractions.uptake.com Put in your state and city. Search through all kinds of things. I hope this helps. Someone gave this address to me looking for the same thing, so I'm happy I could send it along!!!

2
2 17

We have movies and music in the park! And the best part, is it's all FREE!!

1
0 9

New version of "GOO...gling"! Take white school glue (such as Elmer's) and about a Tablespoon of liquid detergent ....we like clothes detergent (smells great)! Mix together and Waalaa! Homemade Goo! The secret...the detergent wraps around the glue and keeps it gooey! Fun and cheap...and no staining!.........

1
5 9

We love board games nights... family movie nights.... (in winter) and outdoor games during summer. If your kids are small'ish 'catch and kiss' is HEAPS of fun. Doing crafts is fun too if you're into creative stuff. Or you could do a family play. Possibilities are endless really

1
30 0

I like the family doing a play suggestion. I've been reading Little Wome and the girls in the story did plays all the time and it gave me the idea to try with my kids and invite friends and family over.

30 0

We were a family of five and now its my 3 kids an I and I haven't worked in 3 years so finding fun things to do that didn't cost a whole lot has been my way for a while. Going to the park can get boring after a while so instead check your area for govt ran recreation areas. In June I put some gas in a vehicle I was borrowing, grabbed food out the kitchen and went up to Lake Mojave Rec area here in the Vegas valley for 2 days. the spot fees are cheap as $10 and the kids loved the lake and camp fire. If you can't get away from home sometimes throw a just because party and have snacks you made together and dance contest or kareoke. Often churches in the community have events too for free or low cost. My kids look forward to the plays, block party, and special guests to the churches here. And never underestimate the power of good old fashion story times, game times and throwing a ball together. We save and pinch to do one big get away each year but sometimes that doesn't happen. This year we visited my college student on her bday which was also Mother's day weekend took advantage of her school discount, flew a small airline, took public transport around So Cal and did Universal Studios. Got an extra day free on the tix so we will go again by 5/2012.

1
1

You can play bored games with the family. You can play a few of our own or buy a new one for a couple dollars.

0
1 0

Hiking is the cheapest hands down. My kids turn into wonderfully behaved hippies when we hike and we have the best conversations. I really feel like its when we connect the most.
I started them at age 2 or so.
Biking is another....you may or may not have the best places to bike in your town. (we don't) Look to surrounding areas. Check with the chamber's or visitors website or (state parks) to find safe places to bike.
Wiffle Ball.....if you guys aren't playing it on occasion you are not living! =)

0
148 0

Check to see if you local library has museum passes. Depending on the place you can get in for free or at a discounted rate.

0