What is a good multivitamin to boost my toddler's appetite?

Have you found a multivitamin that will boost your toddler's appetite? What is a good multivitamin for a toddler who is a picky or minimal eater?

6 12

I've done something completely different for my daughter and my nephew. Juice Plus+ is a whole food--fruits and vegetables--in capsule form for adults and chewable form for kids. It's no different than eating fruits and vegetables and supplies the vitamins, enzymes and nutrients consistent with a balanced diet. Plus, there is no way to get GOOD fruits and vegetables into our children in the quantities that meet their health needs. If you, yourself, take Juice Plus+, the company sponsors your child's Juice Plus+ for free for three years for children ages four to 20. If you want to learn more or read about their research, visit. www.rebeccamacejuiceplus.com. One of the benefits they have found for adults and children is an increase in healthy eating habits and choices after taking Juice Plus+ for a certain length of time. Food for thought!

5
1 33

Juice Plus+ will definitely do it. I've personally seen it increase my son and daughter's appetites. I also gave it to my nephews while they were visiting for two weeks and sent some home with them. My sister-in-law just told me that she's seen an increase in their appetites, too! (After three weeks of taking them.) I LOVE how it's whole foods and not something that's likely to get peed out. My son is in the children's health study so his chewables are free with my adult order. I would HIGHLY recommend JP+ to everyone but especially for added nutrition in children's diets. It's really exciting to see so many other parents promoting it too!

7 9

Ok I'm a Dietitian an I don't believe Multi-vitamins are good for anyone. I think they should be eating whole foods. But If you have a picky eater, I recommend a whole food supplement. One of my favorite with lot of research backing it is Juice plus gummies for children. My 3 year old twin boys love them. They think they are candy gummies. I love Juice Plus because of all the peer reviewed research published in Medical Journals all over the world.

2
6 12

I completely agree Christa. I've had such a positive experience for my whole family. As a distributor now, I'm proud to be promoting research-based whole food nutrition for all!

0 15

Vital Greens
Its a powder I mix into milk for both my boys and they love it. We call it "Special Green Milk" and its given as a treat (he he he)
The amount of nutrients in it is ridiculous - vegetables, fruits, antioxidents, immune support, vitamins, minerals, herbs, prebiotics, probiotics and proteins.
And it tastes great (Bonus)
Love the stuff.
Was recommended by another mum whose sons have never had a sick day in their lives and since mine started enjoying Vital Greens they havent had a sick day either...gee I didn't realise that until just now. Noice!

1
0 0

I am struggling with my 14 month baby to eat solids, Can i try Vital greens for him? When did you start Vital greens for your son?

3 17

There is no vitamin that will boost your child's appetite. Everyone is correct in saying a multivitamin is important if your child is not eating a variety of foods and likely missing some nutrients. A child's body knows what it needs for energy and if he needs more he will eat more. Try not to be too concerned about his amount of appetite or even if he is picky. Continue to provide a variety of foods even if he will not eat it at first.
If you are concerned about not enough calories/low body weight, I recommend pediasure. There are other ways to boost calories as well like giving whole milk, top everything with cheese, adding peanut butter to dishes, etc.
Katie, Registered Dietitian

1
1 3

Thanks for this :)

10 16

I give my daughter a chewable called Juice Plus. It contains 17 different fruits, veggies and grains and our family has replaced our multivitamins with it. She isn't very picky at all and will eat just about anything you put in front of her. What it does is help your body crave more healthier foods. It is worth a try! The evidence and research is outstanding on it. If you want more info, go to www.dhzinkjuiceplus.com. There you will see all their products and research and even some helpful tips about eating healthy! You can purchase from there as well. Good luck!

1
0 2

Hi Heather, Where can I purchase Juice Plus for my toddler? I looked online and didn't find many places that sold them.

0 0

Ato Z

0
7 0

There are some which boost appetite and others they don't just try one of the chemist and ask.

0
7 0

ok I will try one

1

Where can I buy the Juice Plus+?

0
10 16

You can only order Juice Plus online or through a distributor. Here is a link, www.easygrow.juiceplus.com.

23 4

Floradix for children has a specific line for children it's a liquid vitamin that increases appetite it specifies on the box. It is a bit pricey but your children are worth it. It runs about 18-25 dollars a bottle.Can be found in whole foods or other health food stores on the vitamin aisle where the children's section is. What I love most about this product is that it actually works! And it gives my child the vitamins he needs without the additives! This product is a natural product! Check it out

0
0 15

I also agree, multi vitamins are very important- but can not "boost" appetite. Nothing beats a good diet, but that is for many reasons hard to do. I, for example, have great eating twin 2 year olds, but I am very picky about the foods they eat. I want to serve fish two times per week, nothing is healthier for mind and body than those omega fatty acids! However, I only serve sustainable fish, and those low in dangerous levels of chemicals. Sometimes it is hard to find, so I have started with an omega fatty supplement for the kids, its from Shaklee (amazing, trusted, researched, safe) http://sunnyside.myshaklee.com/us/en/category.php?main_cat=Nutrition&sub_cat=ChildrensHealth
They also have multi-vitamins for the kids, mine take them as well, and although the omega chews are the flavor favorites, the vitamins are good too! No artificial anything, including sweeteners in these goodies!!
Good luck!

0
0 18

There are lots of great ideas here. Thanks. I have a couple questions. Can 2-year-old's chew the Juice Plus+ gummies? Also, the problem with my 2-year-old is he does not like meat. He eats lots of fruits and vegetables. The only meat that I can get him to eat is fish. Any suggestions on supplements or how I can get him to eat meat?

0
0 36

WOW!!! My daughter is the same age and only eats fish also. I've also been trying to find something to increase her appetite. I considered the gummies once before but changed my mind because I didn't know if it was appropriate for her age.

13 8

MultiVitamins will not encourage the appetite. Actually in some if not taken with sufficent food it makes you queasy. But, My twin boys get a half vit. every night and always test very high with their iron tests and are extremely healthy and dont catch the usual colds etc. I think it is due to the vitamins personally! :-) Dont forget the multivitamin should have the words COMPLETE on the front which means it has the daily totals.

If you are wanting to improve your toddlers appetite I suggest giving this website a look and taking to heart the "concept" and the ideas. http://www.michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/ When my twins were about 2yr old they wouldnt eat and I had run out of ideas and was terrified to let horrible bad habits sneak in without my knowledge so I saw this posted on a friends facebook and checked it out. After feeling silly the next day getting all this together from what I had on hand and serving my boys their first muffin tin meal.. I was shocked at how they loved their little mini buffett and ate every single thing.. SHOCKING! lol Now they are 3.5 and we still have a "lazy" version on a plate but I still do 6 items, just bigger portions now. I have a basket of unique containers and cookie cutters and things I have collected now and I even presented my "way" of doing it to our twins club converting lots of other moms! lol It also helps with the creative juices because I know every lunch I will be serving 1 fruit, 1 veggie, 1 dairy, 1 carb, 1 treat and usually another fruit... 6 things and done! :-) and dont forget the muffin cups are the exact portion.. even though it seems small.. 6 things is a lot of food for a little one. Hope it helps! :-) (also google bento box lunches and get more ideas.. muffin tin is based on Japanese bento box concept)

0
37 26

Wow, Rebecca, I didn't know about the sponsored bit (I've been paying for them for two years!) but my girl LOVES her JP gummies. It's the first thing she wants in the morning. Highly recommended.

0
9 12

Boost or Ensure are great, nothing will make him/her hungrier but those are nutritional supplements, (sometimes used as meal replacements but not recommended for long term, thus I used them as supplements, try to get some fruits and/or veggies in there even if its in juice form), that will at least provide the vitamins needed to grow. My children all went through the "I don't want to eat" stages, supplements are a great way to insure that you children will at least get most of the nutrition they require in a tasty drink form so they think they are getting a treat and will drink it.

0
1 7

I don't believe that multivitamins will boost a toddler's appetite. It will give provide added nutrients essential for their bodies. My son is a picky eater but he takes USANA Usanimals daily. I know he is getting essential nutrients that his growing body needs. I also continue to offer food that he may not like, because occasionally he does eat it!

0
8 31

I agree that the multivitamin won't necessarily help for being a picky eater, but will make them more healthy, which could in turn help solve the problem. Nutrilite is definately the best. It is a natural product, and my kids love it. I'd recommend the multivitamin as well as a Omega 3

0
4 20

Please do not buy the junk they sell at walmart! I recently checked my daughter's multivitamin and found the chemical dye Red 40! When looking at another brand I found Aspartame and Red 40! I am livid about it! Dr. Sears just said the other day on the show The doctors to keep your kids away from these chemical dyes because they are seeing behaviorial changes. What is not being said here is that Red 40 is actually banned in the UK as it is a known carcinogen but it is allowed in the US in our children's products in higher concentrations! I will be buying my vitamins from Dr. Sear's site from now on! My baby is worth it and they are very affordable

0
4 20

Flintstones vitamins was one of the ones with the chemical dye Red 40 in them. Not to burst any bubbles but she will no longer be getting these vitamins. I also found the Red 40 in my sresstabs energy vitamins and this is unacceptable!

18 13

I don't think there is one, but a vitamin will help the child get needed nutrients if he/she doesn't eat much. Because my kid is so young I got the kind that requires two gummies a day and I just give her one. But most kids don't need one so I would talk to your ped.

0
1 18

I did not find one that boosts an appetite. But if you have a picky eater (and all of my kids were) I would give my child a multivitamin to make sure they get proper nutrients. I always liked the Flinstones vitamins or the store brand comparable (with a good amt of vitamin C and vitamin D - as close to 100% daily value). Your pediatrician should be able to suggest something good too. Sometimes kids need a vitamin with iron if they are low in that so its good to check with doc.

0
10 22

Multivitamin may be useful for removing deficiencies, but if the issue is low appetite,it is better to work in the cause of the problem instead of the consequence. There are lots of things you can do to boost a child appetite, look for a good Naturopath or nutritionist for a full health review and some changes in food and lifestyle. Here in Australia, there are other supplements which may help, like the one in the link below, in the UK doctors work with nutritionists trained in supplements, to be able to offer another alternatives before or together with medicine, since they do not receive this training. Find a good professional in your area to help you. Link of an example of one supplement: http://www.martinandpleasance.com/_webapp_117866/Healthy_Appetite_Kidz_Minerals Registered Nutritionist