What Inspired Me to Start Blogging

0 0

I have a very strong — sometimes irritating, always passionate — need to write. And while the desire is there, it most definitely does not come without struggle. I am easily (and on many occassions intentionally) distracted; suffering in addition the teasing, fickle 'inexplicability' of Writer's Block. Pagan Presence is a way to combat that which might otherwise keep the creative writing hidden from my impatient fingertips. Like most talents & skills, writing flows most freely when practiced routinely. The faith blogs acts to keep my "flood gates" open. The blog is also an excellent source for connecting with others who share my love for this Pagan path I walk. Paganism is often very personal, and while there are covens, groups and churches in existence, many who identify as Pagan do so in solitary fashion. Faith blogs have been an amazing avenue for permitting such Pagans to connect with one another.

2
15 9

I started Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom on May 8, 2008, around the time that I "came out" in my community as a Pagan. After hiding my religious choices for years, for fear of possible discrimination and persecution, I was ready stop hiding who and what I really was. I started the blog to share my story and to show the world that there are those out there just living life and raising a beautiful family — and just happen to be Pagan as well. For the most part, it's been a pretty easy road, both in my community and online. There have, of course, been the occasional bumps in the road as well.

2
0 0

I've been a"blogger" for years now. When I started I had an online diary. Which didn't seem much different from the paper version I kept in my sock drawer. I always had a diary when I was growing up. I would write in it for a few days, sometimes even for a whole month, and then lose interest. Several months later I’d find it, rip out the older entries and start fresh. Lather, rinse, and repeat. So this all started with me wanting to actually stick to writing for a whole year. A year turned into two, and three, and five, and now it has been over ten years since I began my online writing journey. Along the way I discovered that the process of writing your inner-most thoughts to an anonymous crowd could be therapeutic and a totally freeing experience. Up until then, I had spent my life keeping everything inside. I had no one to talk to, because I thought my feelings wouldn’t matter, the way I looked at the world wasn’t important, and that no one would care. I thought that I had to act a certain way to be “good.” So it was amazing to suddenly have this place where no one knew me and I could say whatever I wanted. I have always love writing. I dream of going to the local book shop and seeing my name splashed across the cover of a book.

1
0 0

I've been a visible and active advocate for my spiritual community for many years and have a strong relationship with local media, especially our Gannett daily, The Asheville Citizen-Times. One of their editors contacted me in 2007 and asked me to do a community blog on their website. A place where people could learn more about Earth religions and events in the area. I've been The Village Witch there ever since. Four years now. Hm.

1
0 67

I was having a very difficult time with seasonal depression while we lived in Michigan. I tried everything I had used before but nothing worked. SO a friend suggested I write my life story down. I did this, but kept in a word doc and never published it for anyone to see. I found BlogSpot through my gmail account and began just posting some of my favorite poems and humorous stories. I'd add a personal entry here and there but didn't keep up with it on a regular basis. A couple years ago, a friend in the Pagan Book club I attended "challenged" me to write at least 500 words a day, from that challenge my Blog was born. I don't write as often as I want, but post an entry when I can get the time to sit down and put the things running around in my head into words.

1
12 24

I believe that the best way to spread tolerance is to spread education. I also believe that in expressing my own path I can help others to explore their own paths and enhance their lives as well as my own.

1
0 0

Actually it was other bloggers that inspired me. Among them were Mrs B from Confessions of a Pagan Soccer mom and Domesticwitch.blogspot.com.

1
0 0

I wanted to document my journey as a new mother, priestess, and grad student. It seemed like an awful lot to juggle at the time, and I was still sorting out how to accomplish it all!

In the course of blogging about my son and his development, my studies, and my religious pursuits, I discovered what direction my life was to take: developing a home school curriculum for pagan families that has a multi-religious, multi-cultural focus, and has an emphasis on social justice and the natural world. I wanted to build a child-driven curriculum that takes its lead from unschooling, with a bit of structure in there to explore other peoples of the world and their beliefs and way of life. Funny how blogging helped me work that out!

1
0 0

I am bi-polar and as part of therapy, I write and I have been writing lots since I was a teen. It's very therapeutic and it only seemed natural to go from my journals to an online diary. Who knew people could relate with what I had to say? I surely didn't!

1
0 17

I simply wanted to write. I've always loved writing. I've lost focus at times, but ultimately, my blog's purpose is to give glory to God for all He is doing in my life. You can read more about why I blog in this post - http://www.vicki-arnold.com/2012/08/wonder-why-i-blog/

0
0 0

My daughter. I wanted to keep a journal for her, however I just didn't do it. I don't think it was creative enough for me, nor did I have the accountability to keep writing. Now I blog more than just about my daughter, in hopes that it will one day be a resource for her. The bonus? It just might encourage other moms/women out there. That would be awesome

0
0 0

I initially started blogging the year our daughter Selah died. She died from the disease Pompe back in April of 2008 and on December 12, which would've been her birthday, I just felt a need to write. I wanted a place to share my emotions and feelings and memories of her. So in all honesty, the blogging started from a place of deep sorrow...but over time, since then, the blog has also been a place to share much joy. I didn't post regularly until this past February when I decided to put myself in a "Facebook timeout" and to spend more time writing. Now — I enjoy blogging;because I'm thankful for a place to share about the many topics that are close to my heart — faith, marriage, parenting, family, Heaven, adoption, friendship, grief, education, nature, organization, traditions, books and pretty much whatever God is currently trying to teach me

0
0 0

I first started blogging to document my weight loss. After teaching myself the ins and outs of blogging I stumbled onto some Godly women that really inspired me in parenting, marriage, and homemaking through their blogging. I felt the Lord nudging me to document my daily walk and struggles. After about two months of praying I came up with a name and started writing about my daily walk with God and struggles through marriage, parenting and homemaking.

0
7 43

I began blogging as a challenge to my own fears about sharing my experiences in the practice of my faith. When some of the things I have experienced are related, they often times sound like the ramblings of a mad person. Many of us remain silent because of that and I figured if I could talk about these experiences they may help others who are having their own fears.

0
0 0

The inspiration to start blogging came out of a time of great brokenness and pain. I was entrenched deeply in legalism, chained to religion without a living breathing relationship of love with my Savior, Jesus Christ. In one of my many hikes into the woods, with a tear-streaked face I begged God to show Himself real to me. He did. He reminded me who I was to Him — I was His beloved, cherished, fought for and deeply loved child. The still small voice of the Holy Spirit gently asked me to lift my head as He gently healed my wounds and share my journey in all its realness to those who hurt and need to hear of God's redeeming, unconditional love and radical grace.

0
0 12

I was suffering from some unexpected news regarding my health and the birth of my now four year old daughter. I was layed up in bed for about three months. During those three months, I began journaling my way to healing.

0
2 1

In November 2010, began blogging as a newly ‘retired’ minister. I had recently left my job after a year of maternity leave because I didn’t feel I could give to my congregation in the way that they needed. My son had been born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and while he was doing well, he did require some extra care in terms of attention and focus to ensure he kept on doing well. I had to be home. I had to be a Mom. I needed to take care of my family. That decision (made with lots of prayer) was a difficult one. I began to blog as a way to express myself and maintain my identity as a Minister during a time of great change in my life. I’m happy to have a place on the internet to share my faith, my food and my family adventures with friends new and old.

0
0 0

I have always had a love for writing, and blogging was one way that I was able to get out my thoughts and feelings. Once I moved to Norway with my husband it became a way to keep up with family and friends back home.

0
0 0

I needed a hobby.

0
0 0

God has done so many things in life that have given me glimpses of what He is like and what He loves. If I observed and studied for my entire life, I would never run out of new discoveries about the character of God. For all eternity, there will be something incredible about Him which causes me to say “Wow.” I started blogging to be able to brag on God. There are many people who may not have many chances to hear about the awe-inspiring God who created them, loves them and has a great plan for their life. What an incredible opportunity to get to share with them from my dining room table.

0
0 0

I started out guest blogging "how to" recipes on www.womenlivingwell.org never imagining or even desiring having my own blog. However, with God's will and much encouragement from friends and readers out came the blog "Comfy in the Kitchen"! A sister-in-Christ, Darlene, with The Time Warp Wife actually felt led to design a blog for me..at the time we did not know one another well. It was an amazing act of kindness and what I percieve as a "God thing." Serving is a passion of mine inspired by Christ...I love this ministry and am SO blessed to share recipes and to teach women how to cook and serve others! James 2:14 "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds, can such faith save them?" Living out God word is an incredible pleasure and way I feel the closest to Him

0
4 30

I've always enjoyed writing. I started blogging because I wanted to share with others how our family lives a greener life. My faith just naturally became a part of my blog.

0
0 0

I have always loved to write even as a small child — I would write short poems and fictional stories, creative writing has always been a wonderful outlet for me. As I got older I became a Christian and the Lord blessed us with eight beautiful children (yes, that's right, I said eight!). As I grew as a new mother, I learned that motherhood did not have to be drudgery as I have been taught throughout my life — but in fact it was a noble role, a high calling — one that could impact generations for the glory of God. This was a powerful truth for me that changed my life! I knew I wanted to write to encourage other women and mothers. I knew if I could just help to change one life through my writing — just one, it would all be worth it.

0
0 0

After working in ministry with women all over the world, I realized that many women struggled with the distance between their ideals and desire for a romantic life and the realities of daily life and disappointments. I wanted to write a blog that would give grace, love, affirmation and encouragement, and joy to the lives of women. I also wanted to help women understand that their home and life as a mom can help define the souls of the next generation and to inspire them and to inspire them in this task. I have also written 6 books on parenting and motherhood and wanted a place where I could answer mail and comments I receive that I am not able to answer personally.

0
2 0

After graduating from the Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelor of Arts Degree – I got married and led women’s Bible studies, Workshops, Retreats and mentorships in my church. Then I had children and found balancing my ministry outside the home and my children in the home to be difficult. So I began http://www.womenlivingwell.org to bring my ministry home.

0