What inspired you to start blogging?

0 0

I love to share my opinion and help others.

0
1 48

My kids.. they were driving me crazy! I needed an intellectual and creative outlet, and blogging was the answer. My hope was that by blogging, I'd discover the smart, funny, interesting person I used to be before the daily grind of parenting wore me down. Fast forward to the present....after blogging for so many years, I've discovered a few things:

* that funny, smart, interesting person has been inside me all along
* blogging is what helped me rediscover her
* parenthood has actually made her smarter, funnier and more interesting.

0
3 2

I knew I wanted to help other moms and this seems like a very convenient way to do that. It gives me an opportunity to share my ideas and support other moms.

0
0 2

This blog started as a support system for some of my women-friends who wanted to transfer their lives into an active lifestyle. The group grew so rapidly that I started posting the relative weight loss motivation tips for them all on the blog.
Being an avid supporter of everything eco clean and green, I started profiling products and companies that support an a amazingly non-toxic living.

0
0 0

I wanted to share my everyday life with those who might want to learn from it. As a mom of then 3 (now 4), I worked hard staying on task getting everything completed and all of us, myself included in the bed by 8pm. Then I found myself sharing more and more about the good things we go along the way like cloth diapering and healing emotionally from issues that arise from being a mom.

0
0 0

Cool Baby Kid actually began as a wiki for friends to share their favorite picks for themselves and their children. As a new mom it was a helpful resource to quickly find the "best of the best" baby products; eventually it evolved into a blog.

0
0 0

I have been writing since I was old enough to hold a pencil, so blogging comes somewhat naturally to me. I was writing fiction for children and young adults as well as business profiles for a local magazine, but neither one was fully satisfying on its own. I loved my books, but selling fiction is always a huge uphill battle. I also enjoyed the business profiles, but being told what to write and how to write it wasn't always fun. Blogging offered me the best of both worlds. I was free to express myself, to write only about the topics I wanted to write about and to present my writing to other mothers with similar interests. As an added bonus, I got the chance to try out some fun and amazing products!

0
0 0

I was inspired by reading other Mom blogs while pregnant and on bed rest. Here were these women posting daily updates of their lives, and it was so fascinating to get a peek at how other families lived. I've always been terrible at journaling and scrapbooking, so I saw blogging as a way to write down things I didn't want to forget. When other bloggers started reading and commenting on my posts, I was hooked!

0
0 10

I really wanted a place to let off some steam and blog about my family and the things that was going on in our life at the time.

0
0 0

My first blog was a personal blog. It was to keep in touch with my family who lives 4 hours away. I started Lisa Reviews due to all the reviews taking over my personal blog, and I haven't looked back.

0
0 0

Honestly, I was losing myself to motherhood a bit, and I needed something to do for myself. I had just switched my son to cloth diapers and if I'd had a resource (like my blog is now!) with all the info, I would have started a lot sooner!

0
0 0

I started out looking for deals and savings from some of the top mommy savings blogs and became interested in the concept of blogging. After researching, reaching out to other bloggers and sites such as SocialMoms and Mom Bloggers Club, I decided that it was time I try my hand at blogging. It was very educational yet fun to be able to offer product reviews and giveaways and to see the responses when I am able to inform one of my readers that they won. I also like that I can add personal touches to my blog by means of my family, life in the Army, our events or topics that I learn more about such as healthy eating.

0
0 0

When I first became a mother, I was completely overwhelmed...I couldn't believe how many things I needed for one tiny baby. Not only was there a ridiculous amount of gear, gadgets, and toys I had to buy, but hundreds of choices for each. I had no clue where to begin.

So in my free moments between feedings and diaper changes, I started researching. I didn't buy anything without reading endless user reviews and verifying it was non-toxic. Seeing my obsession, my friends who were moms and moms-to-be started calling me for advice. Everyone started telling me I should have a website, so I finally did.

0
0 0

I first started blogging in November 2008. A friend I met online, Edee who runs stuckathomemom.com, was a big inspiration to me. I really wanted to work from home and she held my hand and got me started. She's been so much help along the way. I love having a voice and sharing our family life and thoughts on products.

0
0 0

My first parenting book, Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year, was published in 2006. It inspired me to reach out to more parents. I had so much information I wanted to impart, and so many new products were coming out every day. I just couldn’t convey those things to readers through a book. So, I felt that having a parenting blog would be the perfect way to be able to interact with parents on a daily basis.

0
3 0

My Bunny girl! Her enthusiasm and vibrance for life rubbed off on me and well, as they say, the rest is history.

0
0 0

I started my first blog to help promote the handmade jewelry shop I had just opened on Etsy. After joining a couple of mom forums, I found out about the wonderful world of reviews and wanted just a little piece of it. After just a few months, I launched Outnumbered 3 to 1 to focus on reviews, family stories and memes that I participate in.

0
3 18

When I first became a stay-at-home mom, I began entering sweepstakes, contests and blog giveaways online in the hopes of lessening the financial burden of suddenly becoming a one-income household. It quickly became a fun and interesting hobby. Over the next several months, I found myself drawn to the blog giveaways hosted by other stay-at-home moms. I loved reading about their family’s daily dramas, watching their children grow and discovering their thoughts and impressions of the latest family-friendly products. It looked like so much fun and since I enjoy writing and am kind of a computer geek at heart, I decided to give it a try. Now, fourteen months later, I can’t imagine my life without blogging.

0
0 0

I started blogging almost 3 years ago after reading Money Saving Mom. I had been looking for a new hobby and she inspired me. After initially deal blogging I came into my true passion: trying new things and reviewing products especially in the area of fashion.

0
0 0

I have saved a lot of money with coupons throughout the past two years so I originally started blogging to share all of the fabulous deals and freebies that I found. I have since expanded to reviews & giveaways.

0
0 0

I originally started blogging because Facebook was moving too fast for some of my family and friends to keep up with what I was doing. My brother had started a blog for his business and I figured that if he could do it, anyone could ;)

0
0 0

I was a stay at home mom who moved to a new community and really wanted to meet other moms like me. I was visiting Sharon's blog, The Birds Nest, quite frequently and she encouraged me to start blogging. I started a family blog and the review blog just blossomed from it. Reviewing always intrigued me when I happened to see a few blogs doing it, I decided to give it a try when I actually had some PR/Companies contact me first. Here I am three years later.

0
0 0

I have always loved writing in a journal and have done so since a very early age. My first daughter was born in 2005 and so my pregnancy and her birth inspired me to write more frequently. I switched to blogging as a means of self-expression, as well as to be able to connect with other like-minded people.

0
0 0

Honestly? My husband. I love helping people, and the scientist in me loves researching everything. For months, he had urged me to start a website with all of my "findings" in one consolidated location to help other moms. I was reluctant to do it, but with a brand new baby (#2) in my arms 24/7 (she would not let me put her down), I had to either watch a lot of TV or surf the internet. Out of my boredom evolved A Nation of Moms. At first, I was the only contributor with occasional guest bloggers. But soon after launching the blog-azine, I had in place a team of 11 columnists, each with their own unique perspectives, experiences and expertise and from different walks of life. The purpose is to help all parents through various parenting and homemaking hurdles. Our motto: Uniting together to build strong families. Not exactly what my husband originally intended, but we both like it better!

0
0 0

I am one of those moms that will browse the baby store, find a product I love, but before I buy it, go home and browse the net for reviews of the product. More times than I can count, other parent’s opinions on a product have swayed my opinion on it! I wanted to be a mom that other moms looked to for guidance on specific products, whether it be for their newborn, or their teen.

0
0 0

I was a stay at home mom and wanted something I could do that was just for me. I discovered the world of blog giveaways in 2008 and loved entering and winning prizes. It was fun discovering new products and meeting new people. I decided I wanted to start my own blog as a hobby and do a few giveaways of my own. After awhile, companies began approaching me to do reviews and the rest is history!

0
0 0

I started blogging in Jan. 2007 as a way to keep my family updated on my family. It soon moved into starting reviews with someone else and now doing them on SIMPLE. It has been the most fun! I feel very fortunate to be able to do it!

0