What inspired you to start blogging?

0 141

My desire to rant about how hard it is to blend our family was my initial inspiration. I needed an outlet. I felt totally alone in being a stepmom, and in my immediate circle of friends nobody had ever done ANYTHING like what we were attempting to do. Now, I have found that there is a whole community of women just like me, and through my writing I've learned that in actuality, NOBODY has ever done anything like what anyone else is doing. We are all pioneers, breaking new ground. And, in the midst of it all, I have this amazing little blog that chronicles our growth, and reminds me to stay sane.

0
1 0

I'm a writer by trade, but that doesn't always mean creative writing. I started a blog to have new, fresh content and a creative outlet. Once I discovered the entire world of blogging, it also became a place to share my life with others and keep a record for myself.

0
0 0

My blog began simply as my photo diary. I was sitting at the downtown San Diego train station and was taking photos of all the beautiful things around me. I decided then that I would start a blog to keep a record of what was going on in my life. Slowly it turned into a place where I also share my thoughts on life, culture, my thrifting finds and tips and photos of my lovely family.

0
0 0

My New Year's resolution in 2010 was to be more creative, but I didn't know exactly how I was going to accomplish this. Then one day I saw some guest blogger's featured in Lucky magazine and I was intrigued by this concept of blogging. Since I have always loved style and all it entails I figured a blog would be a great way to capture and create personal style for myself and others.

0
0 0

Two people inspired me to start blogging: The first person is fellow fashion blogger Lena. I met her a few years ago and found out that she had a blog and I started following her for a while now. She really is the one that made me discover the world of fashion blogging and I think her blog and her style are both pretty amazing.

The second person is my cousin Elise (and BFF) who lives five hours away from me. Long before I started my blog, we always used to send each other pictures of our outfits or items we wanted to buy via our smart phones. Some people might find that weird, but I call it passion. We both love fashion and I swear, I could stay over a few days at her place and open up her closet and think that I’m in my own because we both buy a lot of the same things. One day, she mentioned to me that I should start my own blog. And so I did, last November, and I’m having a lot of fun with it. Some people enjoy going to the gym or reading, I enjoy blogging. It’s just a hobby, like everything else.

0
0 0

As a Fashion Consultant I have to do a great deal of research on trends and what’s going on in the fashion industry, but I found I couldn’t personally relate to half of what I found. My clients, and myself included, aren’t in our 20’s, don’t have endless funds nor do we have a lifestyle where we can run around in micro minis and four inch stilettos. I wanted to reach out to an audience who want to be fashionable but functional as well.

0
0 0

After having my first son I wanted a quick way to share pictures and stories with my parents who lived across the country from me. Since then, it's turned into a place where I can share much more than that -- I really enjoy blogging!

0
0 0

I have always kept a journal and since I am constantly online (I work as a freelance art director and run The Littlest Shop) it seemed like the easiest way to put down all that I found inspiring about being a mother/creative as well as a way to document life with my family.

0
0 0

I was a harried, new mama and Megan was working full time and getting her MBA, so we both needed a creative outlet. As life long best friends, we had always wanted to collaborate on something and a blog seemed like the perfect project for us!

0
0 0

I started blogging on a cold Christmas holiday afternoon. I had been at home with my three small children for a couple of weeks (all day, every day) and caught a serious case of cabin fever. Desperate to find an outlet, I sat at my computer and even though I hadn't written anything in years, the words just started pouring out. All the trials and tribulations of the motherhood whirlwind I had been living for the past 5 years could finally be released. It felt great! Fortunately, the words haven't stopped flowing.

0
0 0

Thanks to a lifetime of sharing rooms, wardrobes, friends and adventures, my four younger sisters and I have always been absurdly close. But, as any mom knows, life can get crazy. We began moving away, going to school, working real jobs, making babies, generally having our own lives, and -- much to our collective horror -- drifting apart. We started our blog as a joint project, to help us reconnect with each other and keep up with old friends.

0
0 0

Blogging is a creative outlet and definitive way to keep me on the path of becoming better. A better me. A better wife and mother. A better friend and an overall better person. I love to give advice and share things I’m passionate about. This is a way to share it with more than those who know me. If I can be of help to others all while helping my family and myself, then sign me up. I, Pink Pistachio, got started back in 2009 after a bad car accident. I was recovering from a neck fracture and partial paralysis and was bed ridden for several months. It killed me that I was away from teaching so I had to stay busy. I started blogging. I had 3 blogs (cooking, fashion, and personal. Yes, I was VERY bored). Once I adjusted to Mommahood, I kept thinking about my abandoned readers. I prayed about it – to blog or not to blog. But I just felt like turning Pink Pistachio into a “one stop shop” for “Making Life a Plethora of Cuteness” was the right choice. And Voila. We’re here…

0
0 0

Our baby! We found out about the pregnancy in early September of 2010. Within a few weeks I created a "secret" blog to document our journey into parenthood. I felt like this was our "scrapbook" for our daughter. Once we told friends and family the good news, I made my blog public. There was a lot of interest from readers about my personal style, where I shop, etc. Project: BABY is a mix of many different things, and my personal taste is definitely a big part of that (from clothing to our nursery to the stroller - It's all part of "me"!)

0
0 0

I started blogging as a way to make myself write every day. I was working long hours at a job I didn’t love, and I missed having a creative outlet. Writing a blog just seemed like a fun, more modern way of keeping a journal.

0
0 0

I was booted off of a forum for being to vocal, and I decided I needed my own voice. That same night, I created my blog and I have not looked back since. Getting the boot was actually the best thing for me, now that I think about it.

0
0 0

My husband started the blog as a way to keep our family and friends updated with our kids' milestones. Then I started adding my sewing DIY projects when I started doing it myself about a year ago to motivate other women to sew. I don't know many other women my age that know how to sew, and I think your life is so much more fun when you know how to alter/fix/update your wardrobe.

0
0 0

I started blogging 2 years ago as a way to share and record all the clothing I design. Since then I launched my clothing line, and my blog has grown to include more of the creative process behind my clothing designs, as well as the how I wear my designs. I still love blogging and I'm continually inspired to keep blogging by the wonderful community and friends I've made since I started.

0
0 0

Back in 2008, blogs weren’t as big of a thing as they are now. Then one day, a friend asked me if I had a “blog”. It was a weird tasting word in my mouth but a fun idea in my head.

A couple of friends that I had grown up with had their very own blogs that I would hop on from time to time with my little Sidekick (the actual Sidekick phone) and get updates on their busy lives and cute kids. Finally after months of stalking, I hit that magical button-Create your own blog. And I did. I did it to keep in touch with friends who I didn’t see much but now felt like I did. I did it as a journaling method for my kids. They were just one and two when I started. And I did it because for me, it was and very much still is a form of therapy. It feels so good to let out what I am feeling. Great or terrible and everything in between.

0
0 0

I think because I wanted to share my work, interact with people that have the same passions and artistic backgrounds as I do and updating my friends and family that are scattered all over the world.

0
0 0

My first awakening to the blog world was about 2 years ago when I started to plan my wedding and was being filmed for a wedding reality TV show. I started a blog then to document that amazing experience. I quickly had my creative senses overloaded with inspiration from this new world that I had found myself immersed in. Then, 2 months after we said a glorious "I do," I peed on a stick and two little lines appeared, promising us lots of love, change and adventure...we were gonna have a baby! I am a free spirit and I love creative-bohemian style. With that in mind, I saw pregnancy and motherhood as a fun challenge and journey to stay true to my crazy artsy self. So, I started Boho Baby Bump as my journal for me and my little fella. My motto kinda sums it up: I'm a boho momma, not giving up my style, from bump to baby and beyond.

0
0 0

My daughter! I started my blog when she was just a few months old. I wanted to keep family and friends updated, and over the years it has transformed into the greatest place to share everything -- stories of her, photos, crafts, decor and fashion. A little bit of everything! But still, mostly her. She's the real star of the show!

0
0 0

This lil' blog started because Collin was watching a Yankees playoff game on television and I was bored. Ok, really, I wanted to have a place to share creative projects, pictures of my darling munchkins and extraodinary thoughts about our ordinary days.

0
0 0

I started blogging because my husband and I moved to Hawaii. We were a very long way from our family, so I started a blog to keep in touch and share pictures. When we eventually moved back to the Northeast, I just kept it up. I started sharing more fashion, cooking and art as well as things about our life. Over the last 5 years it has evolved into what it is today. As my life changes so does my blog. I love that I can now share my life as being a new mom as well as my love for fashion.

0
0 0

It was actually my mom's idea. It was 2005 and I had just moved to New York City and I had so many stories to tell. The more I blogged, the more I realized what an influence for good it was in my life. When we moved to Idaho the next year I needed something to keep my spirits up (I was working a miserable 9-5 job), so I decided to use my blog as a place to record the small and lovely and silly things about my day that I wanted to remember most. In that way, I blog to create the life that I want -- a life of beauty and positivity and wonder.

0
0 0

Blogging has proven to be a great way to share updates and photos with family and friends across the country. It's also a great way to keep up with documenting life and the little things we love.

0
0 0

I started blogging to support my online vintage shop which I started six years ago. The blog was to keep my customers updated with new items, style inspiration, etc. I slowly started making the blog more personal and fell in love with "blogging." Now, I just can't stop sharing.

0