What inspired you to start blogging?

0 0

My daughter! My friend introduced me to blogging, but when it came down to deciding on content, it was my little girl Sasha that inspired me to write about her life, her style and all the things I would love to get her.

0
0 0

Julia: My little sunshine, naturally. My initial panic over having a boy had been replaced by an anticipation of the challenge. It’s amazing how dramatically the boys’ fashion landscape had changed during the last 5 years. I know, this had become an extremely overused statement but it truly was “Mission Impossible” to satisfy my style cravings for the boys’ clothes and shoes on a tight budget. I refused to settle for “boys colors”, boxy fit and sports’ appliqués. I had no choice but to set out on Boys Be Cool style crusade with an ambitious goal to change the bleak landscape of the boys’ fashion. A little over a year later the vision of unique and one of a kind style and shopping resource where the boys rule, and style conscious parents get the valuable information on what to buy, where to find unique, awesome and affordable duds for their boys and how to style the most dapper and hippest outfits had materialized. An amazing Shannon Everett – Goldberg who recently joined Boys Be Cool shares my passionate conviction that boys and style are not mutually exclusive and you don’t need to be a celebrity to dress your kid like a star.

0
0 5

One of the biggest frustrations I had with being a stay-at-home mom was that I felt I had no creative outlet. My days were all very similar with playgroups, park trips, naps, chores, etc and I just felt that I was losing myself in the process. Of course I am grateful that I am able to stay at home and raise my son and really do love all of our time together, but I really needed to start doing something for myself. I read tons of blogs and always really admired other bloggers for putting themselves out there and sharing all of their stories with us. Blogging is so amazing because it is such an easy way for me to get back to work creatively. I was getting asked constantly by friends and strangers where did I get this or that and for other recommendations. So I thought that starting a blog would be such a great way for me to share my new experiences of motherhood with other people. Whenever I click that post button it just makes me feel so good inside and that I am actually doing something for myself.

0
0 0

After starting our web shop and our Facebook page, we (Marieke, my sister, and I - Rachel) wanted to start a blog. Not blogging for the need of blogging, but to create a platform where we can show what we feel is wow. We want wow is represented in 3 social media and the blog is there to write, inspire, show, link and give our opinion. On our blog we like to be free. There is space and time and you are not limited to a certain number of words. It's a very nice and free way of expressing our vision.

0
0 0

I have always been passionate about the arts and have a knack for finding things. I think I really wanted to share my treasures with like-minded people and gain web presence before opening my own online kids' shop.

0
0 0

I started seeing so many beautiful and inspirational blogs, that I just decided to be part of the blogger community. Then I had the idea to document my daughter's adventures and our family moments, and also wanted to share our everyday life, favorite food, crafting, photography, arts, drawing; in short everything that surrounds this wonderful world (our color land).

0
0 0

I started blogging to keep a record of things I was making for my little girls (they were babies at the time and I only had two, and now I am about to have four). I was amazed at this big crafting community out there that I never knew existed and so badly wanted to be part of it all. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined how wonderful this experience would be and how many friends I would make. That is the best part of blogging, you have friends all over the place!

0
0 0

When I first started my blog just two years ago I wasn’t quite sure what direction I wanted to take it. There are so many aspects of my life that make me who I am and I didn’t know how to incorporate all of these elements. I suppose it’s only natural that my blog would become a reflection of my most important position in life….motherhood. There are many things in life that inspire me, but my children and husband are always the root of my inspiration. Yes, my blog focuses on my children and their unique kid style, but I hope my readers will find more when they visit. I hope that this journal of motherhood will inspire other moms out there.

0
0 0

My blog has began several years ago, almost like a personal diary; I post notes or links that interest me. At the time, I began to receive emails from Argentina and other Latin American countries asking questions like "where I can buy a blue coat for my nephew?" or "Where can I buy a party dress for my daughter?" Gradually, my blog has began specializing in children's fashion, and today, is a reference for children's fashion in Argentina and Latin America.

Entiendo que la moda es "la forma de vestir colectivamente". La moda esta en las revistas y blogs, pero también en las calles. La moda no es solo aquello que reflejan las marcas y diseñadores, sino también la forma en que se acepta y se interpreta esas consignas. Por lo tanto, no solo estoy atenta a las revistas, sitios y blog que miro a diario, sino que miro en las calles, ferias, inclusive en nuevos diseñadores o pequeñas marcas que postean en las redes sociales.

0
0 0

I originally started blogging four years ago to capture a bit of our family life and to document my adventures in starting a business, my jewelry line Orangepoppy. I started writing A Bit of Sunshine this past January with more of a focus on crafting, style and photography. It has truly been such a wonderful outlet as a busy Mom of three.

0
0 0

I started more out of frustration than inspiration. When I was pregnant it seemed like all the beautiful things for babies/kids cost a small fortune or weren’t available in the US market. I think things are getting better with more flash sales sites, where you can get high-end kids clothing at a good price and companies like Target and Babies r Us enlisting designers to create collections.

0
0 0

I’d been designing toys for almost ten years before I started Small for Big, but when I became pregnant I realized I wanted a place to keep track of the trends, products, and inspiration I was already researching while working on designs. Suddenly, I had another reason to keep track of it all. It’s now grown to become an important place where I can be mom AND designer, instead of being just one or the other. I really love building a community with like-minded pals, too.

0
0 0

I have kept an online journal of sorts ever since I was in highschool. Back then, my entries consisted of me and my girlfriends' weekly expeditions to see local bands and my aspirations of marrying a singing guitar player that would serenade me in bed every morning. Nearly a decade later, the need to write down the bits and pieces of my life hasn't left me. I may have married a tone-deaf country boy, but we have two sweet girls and a little house filled to the brim with failed crafting attempts, lots of clothing, and love above all else. I have never known anything sweeter. My blog is where I record our love story, which may not be the greatest story ever told, but something I sure do treasure to the tips of my toes.

0
0 0

Elena is an architect/interior designer and a restless, energetic professional. She had so many ideas and tips that she wanted to share with everyone so she started Hoolaboola - in Greek and in English.

Monica, on the other hand, loves reading/talking/writing about style. She started in the fashion world "working" as a stylist for all her college friends in exchange for homework help. While working in the corporate world she would freelance write every chance she got and has a lifestyle/parenting blog.

At 2:00am while drinking in a bar, Elena and Monica realized they both loved the same design styles and had the same passion for sharing what they found...thus they merged forces!

0
0 6

I have 2 boys and I find it hard to really find anything "cool" for them, so starting the blog was a way to help other moms who felt the same way see that there are so many amazing and fun things for kids out now. I wanted to feature what's hot in the children's market and also make sure I put it in a global aspect. There are so many amazing designers just waiting to be discovered all over the world, and I didn't want to limit myself or my readers to just one style or country.

0
0 0

I started Baby Blackbird when I was pregnant with my youngest. I thought it would be a great outlet to express my many creative ideas, my obsession with fashion and to save my husband with my constant brainstorming and fashion talk (poor guy). Also thought it would be a great way to keep my brain sharp, while keeping my head in the fashion world (other then being a mommy and wife my day job is as a fashion designer). Little did I know, I would fall madly in love with blogging about kids' fashion to a point where it has grown into labour of love, and is truly my passion project.

0
0 21

I started blogging about 10 years ago. My very good friend Alix (of Modern Kiddo fame!) suggested I start a blog on Live Journal, which cracks me up when I think about how popular blogging is today. It's so cool to look back and think about all the amazing ladies and mamas I've met over the years -- some of whom I've been lucky enough to meet in person, and so many of them I KNOW I'd be real life bffs. The support and friendship from the blogging community is one of a kind. That's probably one of the main reasons I've stayed with it all these years.

0
0 0

I have been passionate and excited about fashion for as long as I can remember. Once I had my daughter my love for fashion and design naturally just spilled over into children's clothes, accessories and nursery design. Starting a blog where I could share my inspiring and creative finds seemed like the logical next step and I have loved every minute of it!

0
0 0

Alix: Dottie and I were members of a 60s style go-go dance group called The Devil-Ettes and both shared a love of all things vintage. I had been blogging for several years about design/fashion/photography. I loved sharing my finds and the creative outlet it gave me! Miss Dottie was also blogging but her specialties were cool crafts and DIYs

Fast forward a few years and suddenly we each had a little kiddo. Dottie had the brilliant idea to start a blog that matched our love of vintage with our new love of all things kiddo.

Dottie: Aw, well it's true we both loved great kid fashion — particularly with a vintage twist — and we didn’t really see that many people writing about it at the time. We decided to start Modern Kiddo as a way to showcase our own passion for vintage fashion as well as all the cool new kid’s style that was popping up all over the place.

0
0 0

I was inspired by the strong emergence of street style blogs that were just starting to become ubiquitous in 2009. I loved the idea of documenting street style for kids, as no one was doing that yet. The kids we met along the way were the most inspiring part!

0
0 0

The Junior was first intended for our friends and family, like a scrapbook of Lykke's life. We have family both in Sweden and England so we felt that a blog would be the perfect way to stay in touch. But it didn´t take long before it developed into something bigger. I have always loved fashion and with Lykke being born a whole new world opened up. The blog has become something very important to me, a big part of my life, which I love!.

0
0 0

I was a stay-at-home mom with my twin babies, and when they slept, I hopped on the web to keep in touch with the world outside. I was a web designer in a previous incarnation, so it was a familiar environment to me. Blogging was just getting started 7 years ago, and at first I wasn't sure of the point of it, but, needless to say, I soon discovered blogs that inspired, empowered and informed me in ways that other mediums couldn't match. I love that the knowledge and experiences that individuals have can be expressed through blogging. It's personal, and that makes each blog unique and special!

0
0 0

Our blog is a natural extension of our business SISSY+MARLEY. We wanted to share our sense of style and what we love with our clients and readers.

0
0 51

I decided to sell my business (fashion showroom for womens RTW) to focus on being a mom full-time and as rewarding as it is, I still needed something for myself -- some kind of creative outlet for me. I was inspired by the incredible energy of the city. I wanted to be a resource for moms looking for lifestyle tips and advice for their kids, themselves and the whole family. I wanted to take the idea of friends buzzing about life, love and luxury a la Sex and the City and center it on the family..

0
0 0

I have always loved trawling through websites looking for what is new and fabulous. I could spend hours flicking and searching. I love children’s fashion. Designers can take such a broad range of direction when creating garments for children. Their designs are really only limited by their imagination and of course the wearability for a child. I get much more pleasure shopping for my son than myself. I have always gone shopping for, and dressed him first. When the opportunity arose to purchase Kids Fashion Review, I jumped at the chance! It was a way I could combine my love of fashion with my obsession for researching and share my finds with others.

0