What item should moms splurge on?

0 0

I think moms should splurge on beauty products. From items to make their hair loook healthy-to their skin looking healthy. Nothing says I take care of myself like good skin!

2
0 8

A baby sitter atleast once a month to have just mommy time. Relax get some chocolate and a nice cold drink and relax by yourself, no kids, no hubby. Get a good book or something that helps you relax. Its important to have alone time just to get away from the hussle of life.

2
0 0

vacation!

2
0 0

Technology that will make your life easier. I splurged in an iphone and it has been a lifesaver! From looking up recipes at the grocery store to capturing the everyday moments with the camera and video. It was one of the best things I've ever splurged on!

1
0 0

I think Mother's should splurge on anything that makes them feel special and good about themselves. Whether it be getting your done at a salon and a bit of me time, or just simply taking the time to do your own hair at home to make you happy and feel great. Like simple everyday beauty products add a little mascara, paint your nails and my favourite is the Australian Lucas Paw Paw ointment which I love to add morning and night to make my skin look and feel great. Special things do not have to be expensive.

1
0 0

I have an entire site on being frugal and saving money. HOWEVER...one of the tips I give my readers over and over is that investing in a product that will last for years to come will end up saving you more money over time, rather than buying a cheaper product and having to replace it multiple times. This isn't the case for everything. But for many things, investing once in a solid product is worth it. A few examples of products that I've invested in:
-Dyson Vaccum (I have a dog that sheds and went through one vacuum within 6 months before buying this one.)
-Stroller [Phil & Ted's or BOB Revolution] (I walk a lot and am very hard on strollers)
-Blendtek Blender (I never used my blender before buying this one because it never worked right...which was a waste of space and money.)
-Nice laundry detergent to make your clothes last longer [Tide, Clorox2]. (I buy cheap clothes and just make them last longer with nice detergent.)
-Nifty mom/baby items like a self-warming bottle that I found.
Most things you don't need to pay a lot for, but some things are definitely worth the splurge!

1
0 0

good jeans! there is nothing worse than having your pants not fit you right after baby. whether too small - been there! - or too big - hooray! - us moms worrying about our pants not fitting right should be the LAST thing on our mind!

1
0 0

0
0 0

Moms should splurge on mini-vacations with her friends. Take a trip to a fabulous spa or a fine winery for 3 or 4 days. These getaways can be local or within your region. We all need to getaway to recharge.

Spa: http://www.latorrettalakeresort.com/
Winery: http://www.visitfredericksburgtx.com/food-wine-categories/wine/

0
2 1

Moms should splurge on what makes them feel their best.

Nothing sucks more than feeling frumpy. If mom needs to spend $150 on a new hair do, find the money! If mom needs some ALONE time - find a good sitter!

A good mom is a happy mom. :)

0
1 15

A nice supper out with the girlfriends! Take one night and make sure Mom doesn't do the cooking or the dishes.... but instead gets to dish all the latest with her closest girl friends while dining out somewhere special!

0
0 4

We live on a student income so splurges are few and far between but we allow for them sometimes so that we can all feel special and taken care of! For myself I think the infrequent splurge on a hair appointment, a pedicure or a facial is allowed. In terms of clothes I allow a splurge on a classic item like a leather purse or a pair of good quality ballet flats. For you and your partner, a dinner out, a night away or a special date. For your kids, events that create memories: Thomas Day Out, a holiday, a skiing lesson or a special toy as a prize for hard work. It's the infrequent splurges that are really special in life!

0
0 0

Being a mom is stressful and hectic at times, right? Every mom needs to splurge on a pamper day. Whether it is simply buying a new lipstick from the drug store, to getting a pedicure, or even a enjoying a much-deserved massage, the break and time for yourself is a necessity. If you feel good about yourself, you'll be happier and in turn have happier children!

0
0 0

One beautiful dress. And not something you only wear to "nice" dates or dinners. Honestly, how many times have you worn that gorgeous one-shouldered cocktail dress you bought for your friend's wedding? Right--once. Don't splurge on event dresses--instead, find a stunning dress that you love (and that fits you impeccably) that you can wear once a week if you wanted to, for everything from playmates to drinks with a friend. I love Lesley Evers' retro-inspired shirt dresses, casual jersey dresses by TART and GypsyO5, and bohemian printed dresses by Tucker. Whatever your style, you deserve a dress that makes you feel amazing every time you put it on--and you should wear it a lot! The best thing about a dress is that you have an outfit in a single piece of clothing--and so you feel confidant and put-together without putting lots of time into getting dressed.

0
2 0

A cute, functional, comfy pair of shoes! Moms need something that is stylish yet can run after an on-the-loose toddler at the park. My suggestion is the Angelfish Top Sider by Sperry. I have a pair with gold snake skin print and I love them! They go with pants, shorts and skirts and are super comfy as well! They are well worth the money!

Check out my blog for more mom-friendly style advice- www.gswordtothemother.blogspot.com

0
0 0

FOUNDATIONS! If you have an ill fitting bra on, it doesn't matter how expensive your outfit is :) Your bra needs to properly support you so your clothing fits!

0
0 0

I think moms should splurge on a regular babysitter. If you don't have family around, a babysitter is so important. A night out with your partner at least once a month (twice is better) can do wonders for any mom. As much as you love your kids, an adult night with your partner is so important for yourself but also your relationship.

0
4 0

Hair Treatments!!

0
3 78

A great bag! Nothing beats the feling of holding a fantastic bag! Living in a time where totes are popular, spending money on a fabulous bag is worth it! Buy a carry all while your kids are young and use it as a stylish diaper bag! As the kids get older, you now have a bag for their books, take along toys and all of your things too! Kids get even oldèr, you go back to work (or not), and now you substitute it as a briefcase... It's all about the statement bag! Go for it!

0
2 1

I think moms should splurge on things that make them feel good or that help make life a little sweeter. I splurge on good coffee and tea, nice bath and body products and an occasional magazine to read. These things help me relax and enjoy small moments throughout the day. Anything you can find that will help you relax and feel good about yourself is a bonus. It doesn't have to be expensive to be enjoyable!

0
5 23

It really depends on what is important to her...what is the value of it to her... A Kindle Fire, running shoes, a dvd movie, makeup, is she a foodie? perhaps a special kichen gadget (or fabulous pan). So, moms need to ask themselves...what is FUN for me? What do I get the most enjoyment out of???

http://littleislandstudios.blogspot.com/

0
0 0

I have a few answers I could rattle off, but I think moms should splurge on a babysitter! It is so important to get a little time away, whether it's for yourself or for a date night. When I get even an hour away from home I feel refreshed and ready to go. I think getting some time out of the house makes me a better mom. I have more patience and am ready to focus on what's important - my kids!

0
0 51

I think moms should spurge on items they use daily. Like a diaper bag which definitely turns into an everyday bag right. I no longer carry a bag anymore because why have to load more things into my stroller ..right. Here is a post about my favorite diaper bag.

0
0 0

I'm a big believer in splurging on concealer...Most of us mamas don't get eight hours of sleep and that can show under our eyes. YSL's Touche Eclat has been a life changer for me!

0
0 0

Moms should splurge shoes! Moms are constantly running around doing everything under the sun for their son(s) & daughters, so having a pair of stylish and universal shoes that are comfortable are key! Shoes that are well-made, stylish and comfortable generally are not cheap, however, the return on that investment will be huge when you know you can go the whole day without sacrificing comfort for style. And, the second thing to keep in mind are wardrobe items that make getting out the door quick & easy. My favorite go-to is the wrap shirt dress. For how I make this look stylish & hip in 5 different ways, click the link below.

0
0 0

Anything thing that makes them happy and keeps them sane.

0
0 0

Although I don't believe women "deserve" to be pampered, I do believe a "day out" every now and then, can truly help meet the need to relax. As homemakers and moms, we are in constant "work" mode when we're at home. Just taking one full day or even one 1/2 day, out of the home, doing something you enjoy, can refresh you and keep you going until the next break.

So to answer the question of "What should we splurge on?" - I think we should splurge on a day out of the house, doing what pleases our senses. For some, that may be the sense of touch - a manicure or pedicure, massage or hair cut. For others, it may be coffee and a quiet bookstore. For some, it might be a noisy dinner with several noisy friends! Whatever it is that "fills you back up" so that when you return home, you're refreshed and ready to be the best mom and wife you can be.

I guess this would be called splurging on yourself!

0
1 0

Cute shoes that are also comfortable/supportive.

0
0 0

Comfy shoes!!! If your feet are hurting, it shows in your face and attitude! A mani and pedi!

0
5 0

I really can not narrow it down to just one thing. So I will give top 3. However I am not suggesting any mom splurge on these all at one time. 1. Nutrition. (quality food and Skin care products) 2. Quality shoes. ( I find that I do not shop for my self often so when I do they need to really last.) Most moms I know are out and on their feet all day. Good shoes help more than just your feet.3.A nice weekend getaway with friends or spouse.
These are critical. There is nothing more scary than a malnourished mom living on fast food and Mocha's, with sore feet and back, and no adult interaction.

0
0 0

A couple of outfits that fit your post partum body right now. After you have a baby, it can be depressing to have a closet full of clothes that are too small, and it's no fun to wear maternity clothes when you're not pregnant. Buying a few cute and stylish pieces that fit NOW can really make you feel better about yourself. I'm six weeks postpartum and I just purchased a cute pair of jeans, a maxi skirt and two colorful spring tops to get me by while I lose the baby weight. And don't stress, remember, it's nine months up, nine months down. :-)

0
0 0

Splurging is hard for me when you are on a tight budget. A few essentials I love to splurge on for new moms are:
A great baby carrier like a Ergo or Katan are so nice and don't kill your back.
A nice stroller- a Bob, City Jogger, Britax, bumbleride, etc. You want one to last and not change strollers 10 times. Do your research and register or save those gift cards for the one you want.
Cloth diapers- I know it is a splurge to get cloth diapers when you start but it is a money saver 10 times over in the long run!! Look at all the new cloth diapers out there and they are just are easy to put on as disposables.

0
3 18

Without a doubt, I would recommend splurging on NeriumAD Age-Defying Skin Care Treatment once per month. I consider myself quite the skin care maven and have tried every professional treatment and product on the market. I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on my skin and have never experienced the changes I've seen in just one month's time of using NeriumAD! The best thing is that it's a nature-based product, so you're not using any harsh chemicals on your skin...and it definitely WORKS!

0
0 11

I think that all moms should splurge on whatever makes them feel "pretty". Being a mom, you sort of lose yourself in diapers, baseball, lack of sleep, and everything else associated with being a MOM. We tend to forget that besides being a mom and wife, we are also women. Buying a new outfit, shoes, new hairdo, makeup...those sort of things gives us that feeling so we won't forget that we're women. God made us beautifully and wonderfully and we all too often forget that.

0
0 0

Hair cuts! Everyone knows how important mom's hair is to her overall feelings about how she looks! And you can't hide that behind a hat everyday! Other face and body care is probably a close second for me. Tied with cute shoes of course!

0
9 56

Good Stroller & Carseat! I looked at safety ratings first and foremost, and then chose the most comfortable & chic items out of those. I LOVE all of them, so do my kids, and they have held up and look brand new even 2 years later.

0
0 2

Any mom deserves a Full Credit for what she does in her life. More often than not, a mom does not splurge on herself, as she gives all she loves to give to her family first. I think the most important thing any mom should and need to splurge on is something that brings her energy, health and motivation to higher levels. As she does it – and hopefully makes it a habit – every member of the family and community at large would benefit tremendously. Mom, please take this precious time to smell the roses!