What kind of art inspires you the most?

0 0

My daughters and I gain inspiration for our projects by impromptu museum visits and frequent trips to the library. Just perusing works of art, whether in person or from a book, and discussing what we like and don't like opens up a dialogue to art appreciation and leads to ideas for future projects. Most museums offer some sort of kid-friendly resource or newsletter to help parents with a starting-off point.

1
1

I am very inspire by Tuscan a, epecially their beautiful tiles, plate, bowls nd pitchers!

0
0 0

Currently I love Katie Daisy's art - it is beautiful and reflects my feelings on life and love and nature. (You can find her at www.thewheatfield.etsy.com) Other than that I love anything with history to it, so I see art in objects that are treasured and preserved and passed down.

0
2 0

Faith based mixed media

0
0 0

I love most art, but love working with fabrics and paper. As for paintings I love the impressionists. Being a mom to a child in a Waldorf School, I am loving finding new ventures for my work with natural materials and am really loving seeing the amazing needle felted and felted arts.

0
3 0

I love swirls and curls, and everything organic. Personally, I like to paint floral portraits, painting them larger than life gives me immense pleasure and happiness…more oxygen!

I like stylized illustration too. Lately, I have been fascinated with tangles and name art. Simply love to create shapes and patterns inside alphabets. It's very therapeutic!

0
0 0

I am most inspired by art that is full of color and meaning. I also really love typography. A meaningful saying, laid out gorgeous is among my favorite. My husband and I actually create these types of prints for our Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BalancingHome).

I also really like art that features every day things. A fun fruit, a giant spoon. The ordinary, really can be quite extraordinary.

0
0 0

I'm inspired by memory keeping of any kind- traditional scrapbooks, hybrid albums, Project Life albums, photo books - even photo canvases. I am inspired when I see other people investing in telling their stories.

0
0 67

I admire highly original, expressive art in any medium. I'm drawn to dreamy, multimedia collages that incorporate words, but I also appreciate fine art.

0
0 0

I am always drawn to COLOR. If it has a beautiful color combination, I am in love, no matter what kind of art it is....graphic design, hand-drawn, mixed media, pottery, word art....I love it all!

0
0 0

That's a toughie! I have very diverse taste. I love large abstract paintings with lots of texture, but also the realistic portraits of Singer Sargeant. His paintings of children are amazingly beautiful. I probably prefer work with people as the subject but enjoy landscapes too. As a part-time painter myself I like to try a lot of different subject matter.

0
0 0

I am inspired by the magic of photography. I love how a photograph can capture a moment. As a mother, the idea of stopping time and storing memories holds great appeal. Many of my artistic pursuits are crafty in nature: sewing, gardening, cooking; however, it is often a photographic image that inspires these works.

0
0 0

To be honest, I am not sure I could say any special kind of art is my inspiration. I love art but I also love pretty things that might not be considered as art by many. I mostly create out of need, very rarely will I sit down and create something just for the fun of it. My excuse could be I don't have time for that.

0
0 0

We like to keep things easy at our house! I always say that the best projects to do with kids are both cheap and simple! I try to always use things from around the house, such as egg cartons and toilet paper rolls. I am inspired when I watch my kids create their own art. I try to never worry about the finished product. The goal isn't to have something amazing that I can show the world. The goal is for the kids to enjoy the process and experience making something for themselves. Plus, after they have some quality time with me, they behave better and have an easier time playing independently.

0
0 0

I collect black & white photography, almost all of it deeply moody, and the subject matter is usually nature or portraits of the very young or the very old. I sometimes feel like I can't truly see something unless it's in black and white.

On the other hand, when I'm inspired by colorful art, it's usually incredibly playful, whimsical, and childlike. I love abstract images that draw me in and force me to puzzle them out, but I also love the primitive nature of folk art and children's art, especially children's art that's created before they become too literal in their vision.

0
0 0

I am inspired by paintings, decorating, my children and nature

0
0 0

I appreciate all types of art. For me, the term “art” means various different things. Art can be painting or sculpture or it can be repurposing or construction. It’s simply a way to express yourself. I am inspired by everything around me including nature, my friends and family, fellow bloggers, books, and Martha Stewart, of course! My blog motto, “Repurpose, Reinvent”, is the art of recycling something old and upcycling it into something new and useful… or just nice to look at!

0
0 0

Architecture and Interior Design inspire me the most. My family used to go to open houses on Sunday afternoons just for fun. It was one of my favorite activities. In a museum I am sometimes am more intrigued by the building itself than the art it houses. If I were to ever design my own home, I'd struggle because a variety of styles appeal to me. I love to imagine how spaces are used or could be used. We currently live in a funky, little house that use to be a cabin. Most people probably walked through this house and walked back out. However, I had vision. Although I am in love with the traditional lines and designs of homes, I’m also very intrigued by designers who chose to think out of the box – like Antoni Gaudi, Frank Gehry or Daniel Libeskind. There is something appealing about functional design, and I love the creativity found in both the interior and exterior design choices.

0
0 0

I love creating anything with my hands. I love it even more if what I create holds meaning. I find that is true of what inspires me. Color, texture, and light thrill me. A piece of art or craft with those elements, also imbued with a purpose, a caring thought, a tender idea is the essences of inspiring.

0
0 0

i am most inspired by art that transforms a concept or idea in such a way that you are able to view the everyday through a different perspective.

0
0 0

Anything filled with bright color or inspired by nature, from paintings of landscapes to antique colored glass.

0
0 0

My "art" usually comes in the form of some kind of sewing or craft project that I make or am inspired to make for my family. My art is usually practical, but fun! And it usually has some kind of girly flare to it i.e ruffles, bows, or bold fun patterns. I love modern fabrics, but with a touch of vintage inspiration, too! I love using traditional textiles and turning them into something brilliant, like using table clothes for curtains! It saves money and is a fun spin on the traditional!

I believe my desire to create was given to me as a gift from God that allows me to reflect His glory! Whether it is a simple sewing project, fun angles in my photography, or something useful and practical for my children, what I create is a reflection that I am a beautiful creation myself and want others to realize they are, too!

0
0 0

I get inspiration everywhere, with many different things I consider art...architecture, landscape, interior design, and even while I'm just shopping. I like to observe color combinations and how people put different textures together. But, if I were to name actual artists, I've always loved the work of American artistis, Charles Wysocki and Jane Wooster Scott.

0
0 0

I naturally gravitate towards folk art. I love the handmade style and use of materials. Sometimes it is childlike and as a teacher that is helpful for the children to see themselves in the art. http://www.cafam.org/

0
0 0

I like art that I can recreate for not a whole lot of money. I'm inspired by lots of different mediums, and it's always been a long time mantra that started with my mom saying to me "you can make that" that has me inspired to make art and do it on a budget.

0
0 0

Wow. Good question. I'm not wonderful at limiting myself to the most inspiring art because it all gets me pretty excited. I think you'll see that I find inspiration wherever I look.

I do love outsider art--wacky creations by untrained artists. Crude rough drawings, and by crude I mean the hand that created it, not the subject matter. By the same token children's artwork is just as exciting. I love the way they view things, the way their mind works. While I try to get them to look at what they are drawing and THINK while they draw, I would never change the way they draw. They have to do that on their own. If I made them change their style of working it would lose its charm.

I'm moved by a variety of artwork that makes a statement: from the WPA artists of the 1930s to the political work of Ben Shahn to the murals of Diego Rivera and Thomas Hart Benton. But my illustration work (which is what I'd gone to school for) is just as influenced by the comical Warner Brothers cartoons of Chuck Jones and the dark but whimsical work of Edward Gorey.

I find so much inspiration in traditional art from around the world. Day of the Dead crafts. Maori carvings. Islamic mosaics. Native American masks.

In the end I would have to say that any kind of art is inspirational. The desire to create comes from wanting to reach inside and express yourself. And any exhibit of any kind of artwork makes me want to go do just that.

0