What kind of diapers should you use on bigger children?

Many preschoolers are still in diapers as they learn the finer points of potty training. What type of diapers are the best for bigger children?

29 38

My older son has developmental delays and wasn't potty trained until he was almost 5. Pampers Cruisers were about the only thing that fit him.

When really potty training though, I agree, no diapers (except maybe night time). No disposable pullups either if you can help it (only for situations where you may not be close to a potty or you can't risk an accident). We went straight to underwear with my younger son after trying and failing with the pullup route and he didn't care, they are the same as diapers to them.

3
57 38

My daughter was potty trained shortly after turning three. We did Pull Ups at night, and went with underpants during the day. That was the only way she could feel when she was wet, and after about a week, she was completely potty trained. The night time training came shortly after - maybe about 2 or three months later - and now (at 3 1/2), we maybe change the sheets once every other week.

I don't think diapers should be involved with anything in potty training, and I also don't believe in using Pull Ups/ Easy Ups, because in my opinion, they're just a glorified, even more expensive diaper anyway.

2
6 7

Diapers have no place in potty training. How can you expect your child to understand they aren't supposed to pee and poop in them when it's what he/she has been doing for the past 2+ years? Potty training requires pull-ups (disposable or cloth) and underwear. With my daughter, who was trained shortly after turning 3, I used Pampers easy ups size 6, as the feel n' learn liner helped her realize when she had an accident (don't use them at night though because the liner can cause a rash as it stays wet). When those were staying dry, we went to underwear at home and easy-ups when out. I used size 6 diapers at night until I realized she couldn't practice potty training at night when I had to put a diaper on her like a baby, so went to nighttime pull-ups brand. She's 3 1/2 and still wears them at night but is making progress. One final word of advice that saved me time and headaches: if your child hasn't made ANY progress at all with potty training after one week, stop for a few weeks and try again.

2
0 18

Our son is 3 and is potty trained, but we do use Goodnites for night time .They work very well!

1
0 3

I was using Pampers for my kid till he was 2.5 yrs old but he rearely did potty in them as he hated the idea. I did away with diapers totally after that.

1
1 0

Hello Mommies out there try the new Baby Diaper out now in the market
PLAYFUL BABY DISPOSABLE DIAPER IS MORE AFFORDABLE WITH SUPERB QUALITY.
“Ang Playful Disposable Baby Diapers can be bought at #10B Banner St. Bagong Ilog Pasig City Philippines. Cell# 0927-8714319

Price /Pack = S - 67.50; M- 75.00 ; L-82.50 ; XL-90.00 at XXL – P97.50
Price/Piece = S – P4.50; M – P5.00; L – P5.50; XL – P6.00 at XXL – P6.50

FASHION BACK SHEET - BEST DESIGN BABY DIAPER
FRONTAL TAPE - FOR BETTER ADJUSTMENT ON BEST BABY FIT
REFASTENABLE TAPE - STRONG HOLDS
LEAK GUARD - HELPS PREVENT LEAK AND . 100% BREATHABLE
LEG GARTER - HELPS COMFORTABLE LEG FIT OF THE BABY
ALOE VERA - HELPS PREVENT RASHES TO STAY BABIES SKIN SOFT
SUPER ABSORBENT PAD - QUICKLY ABSORB WETNESS AND NO LEAK IT HAS A SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER INSIDE THAT TURNS WATER INTO GEL

0
3 30

My daughter just turned 2 1/5 she is 48lbs and 42 in. tall. She and I talk about the potty all the time but she is not interested in releasing in the potty at all! She does not potty at night very often and hasn't since she was little. I have to special order her diapers because stores do not sell the pamper's cruisers size 7. I tried using pull ups because they come in a bigger size and that worked for 1 but for 2 I was changing her clothes and giving her a bath almost every time.

0
45 6

We used store brands even once they started getting a little snug on our oldest who didn't give up diapers until well after his 4th birthday. Something with an elastic tab gives you the most room.

0
3 1

huggies

0
21 34

my 18kg son is in Jr sized Huggies during the day and Nappy pants (a thicker pull up version of the nappy) at night... he is reluctant to toilet train unlike his older siblings... it's the brand that worked for our family...

0
11 17

We went cold turkey with diapers when potty training before 2.5yrs old. My SIL used Huggies on her 60lb, 4yr old...so I guess they worked best for them.

0