What little comforts can help a sick baby?

Sick babies are miserable babies, and they usually can't express what they want or need. What are some easy things you can do to make a sick baby feel a little better?

19 11

When our daughter caught her first cold at 2 months, my sister-in-law suggested taking a warm shower with her. Bathroom doors closed to encourage steam. She also suggested using my Maya Wrap style sling to help secure her(babies can be slippery in the shower) and to let her nurse in the shower. So I adjusted the sling so she could nurse and adjusted the water so it would hit her back. The warm water and steam really helped to clear her up, as did the nursing. I probably showered with her like that 3 times per day when she was sick.

Being so congested and lying down is also tough for babies, so I would sleep sitting up, holding her, using the sling for added security and making sure that her face was always open so her breathing was not hindered.

4
6 9

Vicks soothing ointment Baby rub. Put it on their chest and on the bottom of their feet and cover with socks, THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

1
24 21

In my situation I breastfeed lots. If he had a cold i would mix vick vapour cream with hot water and let it steam the room. You could try to tilt the head side of the cot by sliding books underneath(if she/he sleeps in one and not too high) and this may help. Quite music is calming and alot of cuddles.

1
48 1

i loved what u said. :) was cute and helpful. i too give lods of cuddles when my little boy is unwell. agree with brest feeding lots. cute post i must say. god bless.

12 0

Well, if your baby has a fever I know that a rubbing alcohol bath really helped my kids fever cool off fast and that made their lives a little less miserable. Also rubbing Vicks on the bottom of their feet with socks on after really helps a lot too.

0
12 0

hold the baby! great suggestions here to about warm bath and washing hair before bedtime. you cannot spoil a baby!

0
1 15

A ginger bath helps remove toxins and is very calming. Grind fresh ginger root(available in most grocery stores) in the blender with 1 cup water, pour into a kettle and simmer for a couple of minutes DO NOT BOIL. Strain and put the "tea" into the bath water. Works wonders for colds, flu, etc too.
Use a piece of Ginger Root about the size of a bit less than a golf ball.

0
10 2

For my toddler who will be 2 in 3 and a half months. Lots of fluid (water, juice), humidifier, the usual solids & soy milk and lots of sleep w classical music.

0