What is one of your stress reliever methods?

Moms are constantly on the go and taking care of their childrens' needs. How do you release your stress?

0 1

My relationship with God and knowing he will take care of stressful things takes away the worry.

19
0 0

I know this will sound crazy, but one of the things I do is clean - especially putting away clutter. By restoring order to part of my home, it draws me out of the chaos and out of control circumstances of my life.

8
0 13

You're not the only one. It makes me feel better too ;)

0 42

Time out e
With a hot bubble bath, candles and my favourite music

8
2 2

I run and practice yoga. It's amazing how de-stressing both of those makes you feel

6
0 0

Yes! Running is an amazing way to take away stress. I also like going to the gym.

0 0

drink! out with friends of course! that & lots of laughter!

5
0 0

a massage therapist that comes to my home! Can't get better than that.

5
0 16

can you send her/him my way!!:)

0 0

Reading in my bed for an hour after a long hot shower and after all the kids and pets are down for the night!

4
0 0

reading a book, or parts of a favorite book

4
0 0

None of those fit me. I haven't actually sat in a bathtub in many years and I hate to shop...I would get more stressed shopping than I was before. I like to go for a walk or sit and read or maybe work outside by myself.

4
2 24

Definately prayer with God. And good fast paced walk while someone like (daddy/family/friend) watching kids. So I can get prayer and talk with God, while fast walking and small break from kiddos. :-)

3
0 0

leave out all the negative n life and don't sweat the small stuff drink a cold glass of wine.

2
1 44

This is very important--because our thoughts become our actions! We need to have positive self talk!

0 0

wine

2
0 18

bath

2
17 91

i like to garden or do something creative-scrapbooking, jewelry making..

1
0 0

I lean on my circle of Facebook friends and family who we call Prayer Warriors and then let God take over. It has worked for me time and again

1
1 44

A good movie. A massage. Soft music. Positive thoughts.Prayer.
Allow yourself to "feel" so that you can work through the stress.
Try to remove yourself from stressful situations whenever possible.

1
711 9

One of the best, and QUICKEST stress relievers is breathing. Stop and take several deep breaths and come back into your center.

The Hawaiian breath is to exhale saying the word HA. Then inhale. The key however is to be able to exhale to the count of 15, hold for a count of 5, then inhale for 15, hold for a count of 5 then exhale.
So exhale 15, hold 5, inhale 15, hold five and repeat.

It will take a few practices until you can get to the count of 15 smoothly, but once there......Do this 3 ti,mes and the stress will flee!

1
0 12

Can't believe no-one suggested alcohol! Or drugs!!

1
1 44

These only ADD stressors. :)

21 6

reading

1
2 1

Currently- I do a lot of out of the home volunteering- which is my stress (the volunteering - not the home- lol). But I have two hobbies I recently have turned to as my stress release... 1) I create rings out of craft wire and vintage buttons, vintage earrings, and some beads. I love it. Everyone keeps telling me to put them on Etsy. But for now they are just on sale at the Stephenville Historical House Museum gift shop. I am donating the proceeds to the Oxford House Preservation Fund. 2) I make dream catchers. LOVE this! It is very time consuming- so I do not get into it as quickly as I can sit down and make two or three rings, but I love the process and the creating individual art! Other than these two hobbies- my family and friends are my stress release!

1
0 20

Working out 4-5 days a week, finding bugs w/ boys, snuggle time at night, & a lovely glass of red wine! Doing sports ( TKDO) w/ kids is wonderful. Nightly conversation w/ hubby when all is calm is nice. At supper no toys, phones, iPads.. Sharing what we are thankful for. Our goals for each day. I learn as we go!

1
14 0

Excercise- cardio workouts 5 days a week. And one afternoon a week I take voice lessons to prepare for a choir audition. I also make a point to read or watch TV for a half hour after my son goes to sleep. Just 30 minutes of zone-out time before bed is helpful. Spending time with friends is a stress reliever but so much of that is in the company of my son, so it's not fully "grown-up" time. Time completely alone is like gold when you have a kid, so I feel recharged after any time alone.

1
0 0

I like to go hiking with my best furry friend,Max, and just soak in the beauty of nature. There is no greater stress reliever than admiring the complex circle of life and realizing you are but one little cog. Puts things in perspective!

1
19 41

for me it's either walking, down on all 4's weeding in the garden/working out there, or just staying away from anybody who caused the stress in the first place! just being outside in itself heals you inside out and i've come through things faster and easier this way countless times since my divorce in 2002!

1
0 0

BREATHE

1
13 24

Walking and great freiends.

1
0 0

shopping!

1
3 6

20 minute nap or quiet time, early bedtime, Zumba, treat myself to a Starbucks, cleaning or talking to a friend or relative for a few sweet minutes:)

0
0 2

For me once a week i watch movie or engage myself with bubble bath,novel & a glass of wine. It's very relaxing. - Esther Ashaju

0
13 9

Running and prayer. Connecting with my Heavenly Father keeps me grounded.

0
1 10

How do you stop yourself from stressing about finances? Different day yet same stresses.

0
51 17

music I enjoy when kids aren't around, going exploring with or with out kids, doing things with the eldest wherein little sister is not invited ;)
and of course vice versa...
adult conversation

0
0 9

Even I get stressed I don't mind as long as I see my kiddos hugging and kissing me. For me it is enough as a relief.

0
0 4

I sing my favorite songs. :-)

0
0 0

shopping is always relaxing for me.

0
0 3

I like to ride, clean or just wach my horse eating grass!

0
59 0

I love working in the garden. I am an artist, and I love to paint. So far, I find those are the only two things that relax me, but I need to be by myself to do them, and that doesn't happen very often.

0
0 2

Zumba classes with Alex Valenzuela and all the amazing women and bonds/friendships that are built during a workout that feels like a party is the way I relieve stress and get an amazing workout at the same time!

0
24 3

I can not answer this one right I am living in a stress nightmare. my son recently attempted suicide because his bipolar meds werent working, his wife filed for divorce and i havent seen my grandbaby in 3 months.. but if there is a sure fire stress reliever i would love to know about it

0
0 42

Try praying. God has helped me through many hard and bad times. Also look-up the poem footprints. Praying God will wrap His arms of love around you and give you peace. X

3 0

brisk walk listening to up beat music.

0