What is the quickest way to remove stickers from hard surfaces?

Kids love to put stickers all over the place, but it can be a huge pain to get rid of them later. What are your tricks for removing stickers from glass, wood, and other surfaces?

0 27

You will be amazed but try hand Sanitizer.

4
0 0

I will go try thankyou

3 0

Goo Gone works wonders!

4
0 0

I've always used Avon's Skin so Soft. Works better than anything I've tried and smells good too.

2
0 1

Good post - I mentioned it earlier

0 4

vegetable oil or a pricey product goo gone

2
19 207

our tiny bottle of goo be gone was a little pricey but it works wonders we used vinegar, mayo, veggie oil, nail polish remover, Vasoline, and a bunch of other products but only the goo be gone completely removed it. Our bottle lives in my car (doesn't freeze) and I am that crazy friend who removes stickers on my friend's walls when I come over. I have a friend with four kids and actually bought her a bottle to give to her at Christmas.

0 7

Eucalyptus oil works really well

1
0 16

Mayonnaise

1
0 0

Heat works! We once got all the stickers off the vases for a wedding reception with a hairdryer.

1
0 7

mayo

1
0 1

For getting stickers off of glass, a razor blade is cheap, non-toxic, and does the job. Just use with care!

1
0 2

WD-40 works like a charm. Even works when you are trying to get vinyl stickers off of the back window of your car. Works on most surfaces.

1
0 11

Use the heat from a hair dryer to the stuck on item, it usually will peel right off.

1
0 0

What are your thoughts?Eucalyptus Oil works beautifully.

1
0 7

Eucalyptus oil. Removed a sticky old sticker from my car window...

1
0 8

A blow dryer. It heats up the glue. Then scrape off.

1
0 17

Remove the sticky glue that is left on the surface after you pick off the sticker by rubbing it off with an ordinary pencil rubber - then wipe off with a damp cloth - if there's a lot of glue you might need to repeat as necessary till all the glue is gone - it works wonders! Baby oil can also do the trick to remove sticky stuff from any non-porous hard surface too.

1
0 1

I warm them up with the hairdrier, then I can easily remove them.

1
0 1

I warm them up with the haidrier

1
0 11

Hand Sanitizer! Even works to get sap off cars without ruining the finish!

1
3 0

Eucalyptus oil removes sticky residue from almost anything. Great for marks left by band-aids on kids' skin too. Amazing! And leaves a lovely scent!

1
0 0

Windex has always worked well for me!!

1
0 0

alcohol

1
0 8

Rubbing alcohol, white vinegar, and/or dawn dish soap.

1
0 16

someone told me mayonnaise works.

1
0 24

I heard that mayonnaise work on those sticky surface. Just put a layer on top of the area wait few minutes and wipe it out.

1
0 3

3M Scotch Tape always work really well. My trick is to peel of the sticker first, only leave it to the sticky stuffs on the surface and use the 3M clear Scotch Tape.....hold on one end of the tape and stick the other end on the sticky surface and press it and pull the tape out hard...the tape will pick some of the sticky stuff out and keep repeating until it's all gone. If the tape doesnt pick any more sticky stuff, just change to the new tape. always work!

1
0 18

I once had to remove packing tape from MANY very nice and expensive wood desks and believe it or not what worked best was PEANUT BUTTER. We used a generic brand and it worked great and didn't harm the wood.

1
0 1

Eucalyptus or T-tree oil

1
3 5

baby oil works on some too

1
4 13

Hi, I use a couple of methods. Steam, If you have directable steam on your iron use this and it heats up the glue and lets you peel it off or nail polish remover but both of these methods depend on what the sticker is stuck to. If I cant use either then a hot damp cloth held against the offending sticker helps. Sara

1
31 52

rubbing alcohol has always worked for me.

1
0 0

when my kid was little she put over 1000 stickers on her door and now she is ten and having her best friend over for the first time ever and she is embarrassed about the stickers

0
1

For the love of love -- DO NOT USE EUCALYPTUS OIL ON CHILDREN'S SKIN!!!!!!!

0
5 0

you can buy some stuff called sticky stuff remover from asda or homebase it's not expensive i swear buy it, it works for ink, oil, chewing gum etc, really good stuff

0
0 2

use oil or hot water

0
0 0

the hand sanitaizer is a good option.

0
0 4

Mayo works really well.

0
0 0

WD-40 works on many surfaces at removing stickers including candle waxes..

0
0 65

furniture polish is great spray it leave it for a min and wipe off x

0
0 0

Put Mayonnaise on it and leave it overnight. Because it is kind of thicker it will stick on there and the oils in the mayo will soak through the sticker. By morning, you will be able to quite easily pull off the sticker and any sticky left-behinds.

0
0 16

Use 90% or greater rubbing alcohol, for stickers, paint, caulk, tape, etc.

0