What are some creative ways that a bride can involve children in her wedding day?

0 0

My best friend threw a candy bouquet for the kids, and the "real" bouquet to adults.

1
0 31

Kids can often feel out of place at weddings. Setting aside an art or game table with activities to keep kids busy is a great way for brides to involve children in her special day. I also adore this diy activity book found here: http://www.lovelyindeed.com/2011/diy-activity-book-free-printable/

1
1

how to involve a young child at a civil marriage ceremony

0
11 0

I am now engaged to a man who has 3kids. I plan on having the 2boys now 14&12be ushers n tje 11yrs old girl be a jr bridesmaid. Except we just got engaged n see the wedding to be 1 1/2year from now which roles will I believe be ok. However I plan to make a vow with gift exchange to them n us as a new family light unity candle...QUESTION: SHOULD I HAVE BOYSDOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT SO THEY ARE ALREADY UP WITH US FOR THAT PART. FIRL ALREADY WILL BE UP TO DO ALL TTHAT. .HELP PLEASE. also I have a sister (maidnof honor) one daughter now 10 n my brother (groomsman) with 2girls 7&almost 6.....my brother in law n sister in law are in wedding as groomsman n brides maid...QUESTION..WHAT CAN MY 3 NIECES DO SO THEY ARE INCLUDED TOO. EVERY CHILD HAS TO PLAY A ROLE AND WILL GET OLDER N I ALWAYS HOPED MY WEDDING DAY WOULD COMENWHILE THE 3NIECED WERE YOUNGER ...BUT MU FIANCE AMD I STARTED DATING 3 1/2YRS AGO AND ALWAYS KNEW WHEN WE MET THAT WE'D GET MARRIED. SO PLEASE ANYN IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO WITH6/7 KIDS THAT AGES WILL RANGE 7-16 not to mention we have fiends with a boy n girl perfect age to be my flower girl n ring bearer. PLZ HELP I CAN'T START PLANNING TILL I FIGURE OUT PLACES FOR MY NIECES N PERFECT PLACES FOR MY STEPKIDS TO BE!

0
8 0

I was recently at a wedding where the bride had bags for the kids that were full of coloring books, crayons, cnady, bubbles, small toys, etc. to occupy their time during the reception when they were waiting for food, or something more exciting to happen. It was a great idea and a lot of the parents really appreciated it.

0
8 0

At the reception:
We gave all the kids cameras and the results were so fun from their angles.
We also had a bounce house, but we had a casual reception outdoors at a ranch. Everyone was able to ride the horses so that counts too I suppose.
We had a kids only dance at the reception.
At the kids table they had bubbles and poppers, plastic "fancy" glasses to drink from, color books and candies.

If your talking about including your own children in the ceremony:
We vowed to (me to his, his to mine) our children that we were not only getting married to one another but to eachothers familys and exchanged rings with the girls and bracelets with the boys.
We also had unity candles that represented the kids and had each other light our kids candles.

Older kids can be ushers, greeters and direction givers, candle lighters.
Younger ones can be a "shadow" to an assigned person for when something simple needs to be retrieved to go get so n' so. Of course you have flower girls (don't have to limit to one), ring bearers, jr. brides maids, etc.

0
0 0

I like the idea of having all the children at the wedding proceed the bride down the aisle - a parade of innocence to announce the virgin.

0
0 0

Having children involved in a wedding is one of the best ways to make the sometimes difficult transition to a new chapter in family life. Make kids feel like they're an important part of the process in the weeks leading up to the event by letting them in on the details...helping to craft favors, stuff invitation envelopes, or choose items for a registry. Picking special outfits for the occasion (whether it's formal or backyard casual) can also be a fun family activity to get kids excited for the big day. On the wedding day, consider them act as "best man" or "maid of honor" and stand up with the bride and groom during the vow exchange. Special mother/child dances are great for singling out the (other) most important person in the bride's life. Or hand over the microphone, keep your fingers crossed, and let them take over as MC for the afterparty!

0
0 0

To incorporate your children or others children in the wedding you have the typical Little bride, flower girl, and have her stand at the register. I think there are so many ways to incorporate them into a wedding that is much more fun like being in charge of making sure everyone gets their bag of birdseed, or even making a special candy bag for each child at your wedding. Most children that go to weddings have nothing to really do and there is a high need of keeping them busy. The reception is a great place to entertain by having a special song played just for them!

0
2 1

If there is a children's table at the reception a great thing to do is include age appropriate activities {like crayons, coloring books, small puzzles, games, etc} to help keep them occupied during the reception. If the children are sitting with their parents having a favor that is specifically for them {as opposed to the adult ones} is quite nice as well.

0
14 0

My twins were participants in our nanny's wedding. She is a member of our extended family and chose our daughter to be her flower-girl and our son the ringer-bearer. The twins did all the traditional tasks but there were a few really original ways the bride involved our children, too. It was a special day that we will never forget:

1. Our daughter J was the bride's partner in everything at her bridal shower. My daughter helped open the gifts and was like a little bride. By the time the wedding day arrived, my daughter knew the bridal party and felt like a big girl and part of everything and was ready to walk down the aisle with rose petals.

2. On the wedding day, our son (who loves vehicles) had a special ride in the limo and as ring bearer, got to hang with all the big "boys" and he, too, felt incredible comfortable and happy to be part of the celebration.

3. The Bride danced a special dance each with my children - one dance with my daughter and once dance with my son. I could not hold back the tears!

4. The Groom gave my children the chance to select some songs they liked to be played during the wedding for dancing and fun.

5. Our two members of the wedding party were given cameras and they took pictures and floated around the room like a mini bride and groom.

6. My twins rec'd matching gifts that connected them to the Bride and Groom.

7. The Bride did a great job of having kids food, dessert, drinks and goodies that my children and others would like to eat.

Finally, our table was near the wedding party and the twins felt special being so close to the Bride and Groom.

# # #

0
0 0

There is the traditional flower girl and ring bearer role that children can fill. When I got married, we included my stepson as the ring bearer. My daughter was a flower girl at a wedding where she walked down the aisle and deposited rose petals.

Depending upon the age of the child, perhaps if they are old enough (mature enough) they could read a special passage from a book, or a poem that had meaning for the bride and groom.

If there is an especially talented young person who can sing or play an instrument, maybe they can sing a song with the band or play their musical instrument.

-Amy Todisco

0
2 0

A wedding can be a long day for young children, and the last things parents want is a meltdown to spoil the bride's big day. Finding fun and creative ways to involve and entertain children can make it an enjoyable rather than an exhausting experience.

My son's grandma got him a second hand trycyle and decorated it with color coordinated ribbons and flowers. He enjoyed riding it around the wedding reception and he became part of the wedding's color theme which looked great in pictures!

My son was also given a gift bag at his table place setting full of small toys and books to play with during dinner. He was 18 months at the time and sat at the table for nearly two hours! You could also give the children a gift bag containing a drawing, coloring or craft activity about the wedding itself that would make a cute keepsake for the bride and groom!

0
0 0

How about a special art table for the children at the wedding. They can color and do crafts at a table just for them. It could be decorated especially for kids too... crayons in vases, and colorful candy!

0
0 0

We had a face painter just for the kids at our wedding and even the adults got involved, having tattoos done. But there's a pertinent point to be made here... if the children are from a previous marriage, DO have them involved. There are some great ceremonies that include jewellry to daughters, watches to sons. But do NOT make their role one of handing out programs, ushering, etc. I had this happen to me when I was young. It felt demeaning. It's important that the ceremony include them in a meaningful way.

0
0 0

To involve them in the ceremony - they could hand out programs to the guests; at the reception (depending on the age of the child) they could escort guests to their seats

0
0 0

Give each child a disposable camera and a printable photo "scavenger hunt" a page with things like: someone kissing, people in love, the color red, light, dark, rings etc. This gives children something important to do, gives them an outlet for creativity, AND a fun keepsake for the bride and/or kids!

0
4 279

I always loved this idea: if there are a lot of kids, why not have them all have one or two flowers and while she walks toward her groom, they could hand her the flowers. By the time she gets to the alter, she has her wedding bouquet!

To keep the kids busy before the ceremony, have them draw bells or other wedding-related things on the walkway in front of the church.

If it's hot outside, the kids could man a lemonade stand and pass out lemonade to the guests!

0