What are some good job-hunting tips for mothers-to-be?

It's hard to think of a situation more stressful than finding yourself pregnant AND job hunting, but it's a reality for many people in today's economy. What are some tips you can give pregnant women who are looking for work?

3 11

When I was pregnant and had left my job, my husband and I decided that the best thing for me to do would be to go through a Temporary Agency - we also know that I would be a stay at home mom once the baby was born. This worked out great I had 3 kind of long term temp jobs. It was wonderful.

2
7 7

I actually found myself in this position several years ago. I was working part-time at a friend's retail shop, but the money just wasn't there for me. So, I applied to a communications call center in a town close to where I lived. They had no problem hiring me on pregnant, and were wonderful about working out a schedule that would help me in getting to appointments. I worked from 11-8 Sunday through Thursday. It gave me Fridays for my doctor appointments. I had never worked at a call center, but I can tell you that it was a perfect situation for me as an expectant mother. They even provided short-term disability pay for my maternity leave.

2
1 50

I'll be upfront that I'm clearly biased, but I found myself in that very position about 5 years ago.... after starting my own job search to find a job that would allow me more flexibility (such as telecommuting options, or a part-time or flexible schedule), I quickly became frustrated with the amount of ads, scams, and other too-good-to-be-true biz opps that generally buried the professional opportunities.

So I started FlexJobs (www.flexjobs.com). It's a job service that helps job-seekers that would like to find flexible job leads are both professional and legitimate, and to do so faster, easier, and more safely.

It hasn't been the easiest thing to start a company while also starting my family, but I believe so passionately in what I do... and what our team does... that I love it! FlexJobs is a BBB A rated company, and we've been highlighted in press ranging from CNN to Entrepreneur, Forbes to the Wall Street Journal, Working Mother Magazine to the Yahoo home page!

Please feel free to check it out, and if you'd like to give it a try, you can use the promo code "SAVE30" to get 30% off (it is a low cost subscription service, backed up by a full satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not satisfied for ANY reason, just let us know you'd like a refund, and you'll get one.).

Thanks for listening... as a mom of 2 myself, with most of our team being working moms, we really understand the need for more accessible flexible job opportunities for mothers, and are working hard to create it!. :-)

Sara
CEO & Founder, FlexJobs.com

-1
11 34

Gotta love the spammers...can't some people see that paying to find a job that more than likely doesn't happen over night or within months but fills up your email with unwanted and unnecessary junk mail, your phone ringing off the hook by sales people after buying your information from these companies, can't be good for someone sincerely looking for work. RUDE!