What are some unique boy names?

Share some unique boy names you like and see what names other moms suggest.

0 0

I have three beautiful boys with special names: Cullan - Gaelic, meaning Spirit of God and Handsome, Gavin - Welsh, a fierce and strong warrior, and Keegan - Gaelic for Hugh, my father-in-law who passed away. They are unique and yet go perfectly with our Irish last name. And they are the only ones in their school with them.

37
0 15

My sons name is Gavin, also! LOVE it! Next boy will by Grayson ♥

1 0

It's obvious from all the replies here that I am the odd one out, but personally I find alot of the odd spellings of names to be quite pretentious. I appreciate that everyone wants their child to be unique and to stand out in the crowd, but I would much rather their personalities did this for them rather than their badly spelled name. It's interesting that you can pretty much guess when people were born by their names, for instance, during the 90s there was a propensity to use alot of older, more traditional names such as Arthur, Charlie, George, Stanley etc. The early 2000s saw an uprising in alot of biblical names, and now it appears that people are using whatever verb/noun/placename they like as a name. Makes for an interesting attendance at school :)

27
27 18

I mainly decided on unique names because our last name was one syllable, Luck and it sounded blunt when you say it so I wanted longer and more creative first names. Their middle names are biblical though. Donathon Elijah, Maxton Jeremiah and Quinian Isaiah. Being unique and creative is one thing but I think that traditional names need to remain spelled the way people expect them to be spelled. Never a fan of trendy names at all. I was born in the early 70s but Megan did not become popular till the 80s.

2 0

I have had 3 boys, unfortunately my first son was stillborn fullterm due to me contracting eclampsia. He was called Raven and would have been 10 years old in May. I have since had 2 more sons Blaze who is 9 years old and Diezel who is 7 years old. Blazes Middle name is Kaiden and Diezels is Raven after his brother. I still love their names to this day, to the point that I was really upset when a so called old friend called her son after Raven his name was precious to me, for that reason I wanted his name to remain un common as I told her prior to her son being born.

I hadnt heard of any boys being called Blaze until recently, there are a few girls with his name though. I have never heard of another boy being called Diezel.

I think unusual names have in themselves become quite common in recent years. What I have found since naming my boys is that unusual names are not always a good idea. My son Diezel is Autistic and struggles to make friends, his behaviour can at times be difficult to manage and his unusual name ensures that he is always remembered and not always for good reasons. He hates his name lately, I think other children have been teasing him. He has been quite angrily asking me why I named him after petrol! Blaze has also at times said he doesnt like his name and would like to be called a normal name.

In hindsight, although I love their names maybe for them a less unusual name would have made them happier? Maybe some children dont want to stand out from the crowd.

22
0 20

Wow!! Really love these names truely unique and awesome, sorry for your loss:(

0 0

My son's names are Storm, Kai, And Zane. My grandson's name is Draven. If you think my boys names are unique you should hear my girls names!

21
1 1

Well, my oldest daughters name is April. :) What are your daughters names. I like the ones you chose for your boys.

0 0

My daughter's 6 boys are Cody, Seth, Gage, Talan, Cash and Steel. My other 2 grandsons are Landon and Braydon.

19
0 20

LOVE LOVE LANDON and if my second child had been a boy, his name would have been Landon Josiah...

0 0

wow, these names are intriguing! My son's name is Luca (LOO-kah).

17
0 20

My son is Luca too. :) I just live that name. Cute for a boy and sounds like a handsome man when older. Lol

2 0

I like Declan

15
7 0

Hadn't ever the name until it was given to my grandson. It took me several days to remember it, but I can't imagine him with another name now. His baby sister is Delaney.

0 13

My grandsons name is River Dean. I love it.

14
0 0

My grandsons name is Merick Ezio (pronounced Et-zio). I love his name, it fits him perfectly!!

0 0

Wow what great names! My son's name is Hudson. Something i dont hear too often.

14
0 0

My first born is named Hudson too!

11 15

My boys are Jude and Elijah.. love both those names.. and I really love Jonah or Levi if we have another boy!

14
0 27

Our boys are Kyler and Eli. We had Jonah on our list and my all time fav is LEVI! My mil denied us that name :(

0 0

CHANCE - as the dialogue goes in one of Jean Claude Van Damme movies..."what kind of a name is Chance?" his answer... "my Mama took one."

13
0 0

That is my grandson's name. He is only a month old, but the name fits him. I love it!

1 20

Malachi McKinley........will be my youngest son's first born's name. To be nicknamed "Chi". My grandfather's name was McKinley so it will have a strong meaning for us all who knew him.

12
0 4

I like Malachi. In Ireland, they pronounce it Malakee. It's quite nice.

0 0

Our son's name is Gunnar Scott. He's the only one in our town with that name!

12
0 0

That's awesome. My son's name is Gunnar Patrick Scott; Scott is our last name... so I have a Gunnar Scott too! I didn't think I would find another one.

0 0

My son's name is Gage. First heard it in Stephen King's Pet Sematary and knew that was the name I would use if I had a boy!

12
0 13

haha it's funny how different people think! I heard the name Gage on Pet Sematary & that's what has COMPLETELY turned me off it lol.

0 19

My son is named for a character in the movie "The Fifth Element" Corbin Robert Dallas. The Robert is for my husband's late grandfather. I have had a doctor even comment on his name and how cool it was.

11
2 20

Almost named my eldest Corbin- Love it!

0 27

I just named my baby boy Archer, we thought it was a little different, and really like it. The name I wanted for the longest time was Atticus-love it!

10
0 27

I love the name Atticus!

0 0

I have a Maximus Mateo
"greatest gift from god!"
Everyone loves Maximus!

10
27 18

My best friend calls our son Maximus but his real name is Maxton. For the longest time, her husband thought his name was Maximus. That is a great name Maximus Mateo! He will go far and do great things I am sure. Our Max is a handful. We call him Monkey Max cause he climbs on practically everything he is allowed to.

3 0

My sons are Connor and Xander.

10
0 0

My eldest is Zander with a Z.

0 16

My son is named Talon. My husband is from Quebec and we wanted a name that would sound great in both French and English.

9
0 0

My son is Talan as well!!! LOVE it!!!!!

9 1

My son's name is Samson. He was my first born, somewhat named after his grandfather, Samuel. Luckily he was a big baby (almost 9 lbs) and grew into a large man. He's grown now, 6'3" and very handsome so the name fits him perfectly!

9
2 0

I have been blessed with 3 healthy girls, but many years ago I discovered by suprise that I was pregnant with twin boys, unfortuently they had severe TTTS in utero and I lost my precious ones in my 20th week, but Had named them already a a month previously, they were Kiernan and Kynan, Strong celtic names and unique as well, still love the names to this day! and my angel boys as well!

7
0 9

My first pregnancy was twin boys too, who died in utero at 26 weeks. They were named Zack and Marcus. They would have been 19 next month. I also have an (almost) 18 year old daughter and a 13 year old son named Saxon Eli. :)

1 17

My son is called roman I adore the name and suits him so well

7
0 19

My sons names are Preston, Keegan & Braxton.

7
0 5

my son is Keegan also!

8 4

My grandson was named after 2 characters from the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, his name is Caleb Daniel.......my middle grandson's name is Parker Braden...and my youngest grandson's name is Draven Allen

7
1 0

Caleb Daniel is a great name...I just love it..it has soul and spirit and something special..way-to-go!!

0 11

wow, I wasn't going to post on here cause I was sure I 'd see my sons name, but i didnt so, my son's name is Leland Thomas, The "lee" is from both sides and Thomas his father's great great grandfathers name. Plus we both loved watching dog the bounty hunter when i was pregnant, and we both fell in love with it.

6
0 12

We loved DTBH too! So our son is Leland Frederick Albert, I love the fact I can call Lelands name and he'l be the only child that answers. The Frederick and Albert are after my hubby's grandads. A lot of people when we first mentioned our choice of name turned their noses up but we threatened calling Leland Duane-Lee! :). So congratulations on your choice x

0 16

My son's name is Connal. It is a Scottish name meaning strong wolf. So appropriate as he is a gymnast with amazing muscles.

6
0 27

Hi Rhonda my sons name is also Conall we spell it that way my dad is irish and he says I made up the spelling because he has never seen it spelt like that before lol x Conall Thomas is his full name and he also is very true to his Galic meaning "as strong as a wolf", a good strong footballer, there is no other Conall's in his school or home town that we know of and I love his name x

8 0

I do not have any boys myself but my favorite nephew in the world is named Journey. He gave his mom quite a journey to enter this world :)

6
0 20

Love it!

0 0

My 18 month old son is Landrey. My maiden name is Landers so I wanted to keep the tradition but be a little different. I love the name Landon as well but that's a little more common so we decided to go with Landrey Patrick.

5
33 4

I mis-read that and thought your surname was Landers. i thought you were going for a superhero name 'Landrey Landers'!

0 0

My son is Lawson James. We call him Law or Law-dog (from the movie, Tombstone). We wanted something that was strong and sounded a bit like a cowboy. We always get complements on the name.

5
27 18

That is awesome! I like cowboy names. Old western movies are cool. I must watch Tombstone again.

0 1

I have four boys and a very common last name so wanted names a bit different...we have Khody Dayne, Wyatt Jackson, Damyn Russell, and Grady Maxim. They are all strong, big, amazing boys!

**Thought I would add their middle names too! :D

5
0 5

Great names! We have a common last name of Smith as well - so we gave all 3 of our children two middle names.

0 0

Some of the wonderful names of the children in my childcare home: Dakota, Kairo, Rocklin, Enzo, Brody, Landon and Cooper.

5
0 0

My son's name is Cooper and he gets comments on it all the time.

0 0

I think boys generally do not like having unique names. Girls and their mothers like unique names, not boys. Ask any boy with a unique name whether he would rather have a common name and the majority would say yes. Do your son a favor and choose a semi-common name for him! He will appreciate it much more than something unique. If you have a girl, by all means, name them something unique.

4
29 3

I disagree. My sons are Cayden, Zavien, Dallen and Tayne, and they all love having unique names. Cayden's name isn't very unique now but is was 10 years ago when I named him. He actually got upset when he met another boy called Cayden, he loved being the only one he knew with that name.

4 17

My sons name is Julien. Its unique but not unusual , and we spelled it Julien instead of Julian, we liked the french spelling :)

4
0 15

Thats my fathers name, spelled the same way :)

0 35

My grandsons are Trenton Ontario, Elias Chance and Nikolas Daniel. We usually call them Trent, Eli and Nik.....

4
0 4

Your grandson is named after a city in Ontario? I'm sorry - but that's terrible. It would be equivalent to naming your child "Waterloo" or "Mississauga" .. I agree completely with the woman above who said that these names are just pretentious.. Trenton Ontario.. The nicknames of Trent, Eli and Nik are much more reasonable..

0 0

My two boys are Camden Morrison, and Jacoby Dylan..

4
0 0

My older son is Jacob, but I call him Jacoby sometimes just as a pet name. It's very sweet.

1 0

My son's name is Evan Kayra...Kayra is of Turkish heritage and it means God's Blessing.

4
0 20

My son's name is Evan Killian - Killian is my grandmothers maiden name

4 21

I had three boys, but the first tpassed away. He would have been 8 this year. His name was Kelvin. I also have Zerik and Zayne, and my friend's son is Deegan. We love the boys having another quality to make them unique and special. I have to admit though, if I knew how many Zaynes there were, regardless of spelling, I would have chosen something different.

3
0 0

I have a boy named SALEM. It took us two weeks to figure a name for him, who was "Baby Boy" in the meantime!! Salem can be pronounced in many different languages, and you can call him "Sal" for short :) He's only 6, but he LOVES his name. And no, we didn't name him after the cigarettes...in Arabic, it's pronounced "saa-lem", not "sAY-lem" .

3
22 0

Salem I like it. It reminds me of the tv show with the 3 witches whom were sisters Phoebe, Prue and I forgot the other one name.

0 0

When picking a name for my son, I really wanted on older Italian name but something cute & trendy that would grow with him as he gets older. What we came up with...Dominic Anthony:) It has everything we wanted in a name...tradition & strength with a hint of uniqueness:) Very seldom do we run into another Dominic that's around his age.

3
9 1

my grandson was born 14 months ago... he is Dominic Adam so that he will have the same initials of my husband.

0 1

My son's name is Ezra King. King is a family middle name. We chose Ezra because we like biblical names, it's unusual, and we like the sound. My nephews are Amos and Nehemiah (we call him Nehi for short).

2