What are some unique ideas for party favors?

70 0

The favorite was the TickleMe Plant Party Favor. In it you can easily grow a real TickleMe Plant that closes its leaves and even lowers its branches when you Tickle It!
Adult TickleMe plant can even produce sparking pink flowers.
This is a big hit. If you never saw or grew a pet TickleMe Plant ..just search pet TickleMe Plant
or find the TickleMe Plant Party favors here.
http://www.ticklemeplant.com

0
0 5

I'm not a fan of 'junk' favors; having guests make a fun craft that does double duty as a party favor is always number one in my book, especially if it's consumable. You know it won't be wasted. My least favorite thing in the world is horrible little plastic toys rolling around my car from party bags.

0
70 0

This is why I love the TickleMe Plant Party favor. Did you ever see a plant move when you Tickle It!? This is nature at its best. http://www.ticklemeplant.com

0 0

Creating party favors was the best part of planning my son's bday parties. For his 4th party, I gave away little folding stools with animal faces on the seat. They were $1 each from the dollar store. For his 11th bday, we had a game truck come to entertain the kids and for favors I bought $10 gift cards from Game Stop.

0
7 7

Making marshmallow pops (marshmallows dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles) is a perfect and inexpensive favor idea. Everyone loves them and they are so easy to make; especially for those of us that do not bake!

0
0 38

I love matching unique party favors to coordinate with the theme. Gone are the days of useless party favors that get lost or thrown in a junk drawer when your kids get home. Think USEFUL. Those are the BEST party favors. Having an outdoor pool party? - squirt guns or bubbles would be fun. Having a tea party? - give the kids chocolate dipped spoons as a favor - it coordinates & is yummy. Having an art party? Send them home with a paintbrush set.
Another tip would be to have a craft which could double as their party favor. For a princess party, you could have the girls make a piece of jewelry that could double as their favor as well. For a bug party give the kids a shovel to dig for bugs that they get to take home with them. Kids love USEFUL favors and so do the parents. If your budget doesn't allow enough for the items you want, simply wrapping up a cookie or cupcake with a cute tag can be the kids party favors too. Anything works with a little imagination.

0
0 4

I always try to make sure the party favors not only match the theme of the party, but also are items that the guests can actually use after the party instead of getting tossed away before they even make it home! For our Finding Neverland party, in addition to their costumes, guests went home with flashlights and shadow puppets of the Peter Pan characters that I made. For a recent construction-themed party, I found actual tool boxes at the 99c Only stores, which I then filled with tools and trucks. The kids not only loved the gifts, but it was extremely affordable! Think outside the box, while keeping the theme of the party in mind and that way when guests are making use out of the favors, they will continue to fondly remember what a great time they had at your party!

0
0 1

It completely depends on what type of event but for kids I have found that one favor that ties in with the theme is better than a bag full of cheap junk that will never get used or that breaks easily. For my son's Lego party we gave each kid a mini figure. Each one was $2.50 but when you factor in the price you pay for bags, tags, and fillers you have probably spent more than that per child.

When a group of my high school friends came into town to visit me and meet my little one I gave each of them a small mirror with a panda (our school mascot) and their initial on it. It was small and meaningful, not very expensive, but something they would remind them of our time together.

When my son turned 3 years old we had a Thomas the Train themed party. The party favors that year were coloring books I put together with images I found online, crayons from the $.99 Store, and a CD of my son's favorite songs to listen to in the car. I burned 20 CDs and used the option on my printer for printing CD stickers and then created jewel case inserts. We still have this CD around the house and while he isn't into those songs anymore it is a nice memory of his party.

Lastly, something edible will always work. Cookies, cupcakes, gummy treats, candy bars with a personalized candy bar wrapper, or M&Ms in a bag with a custom treat topper is a great idea. For an Angry Birds party I prepared for a client we did "Anger Management Pills" which were green M&Ms as well as "Angry Bird Poop" with a custom poem topped a bag filled with green, yellow, and red Skittles. Black or brown M&Ms would have worked too. Keep it simple, inexpensive, and thematic.

0
0 0

I love unique party favors! I also love unique favor boxes and bags. For party favors, find something that coordinates with your theme and suits your budget.
There are so many shops that offer items in a variety of themes- again, I like Etsy for finding party favors. For easy party favors that look fantastic and make a statement, use chocolate lollipops that are shaped in a candy mold. You can find everything from seahorses to baseballs to princess crowns! Add a sticker to the back with a message of thanks and that ups the cute factor. I also love lollipop covers (I use a shop called Simple Tastes on Etsy) that can have your own message on the back.
There is a trend right now to do "Favor Tables" where guests may choose their favors and put them in a bag or favor box to take home. This idea is especially fun for children and allows the hostess to offer a variety of unique favors rather than settling on just one.

Favors can be as simple as gumballs in a clear tube (pipette) or cellophane bag, but the key is to dress it up with ribbon, twine, tulle, etc.- add a customized favor tag or label and you have a darling favor!
I also love giving books as party favors- children can enjoy them again and again and parents appreciate them!
The key to coming up with something unique is to make it relevant to your theme and to consider what you would like for your child to come home with as a favor.

0
6 0

things you could include in your favor box or container:
1) Colouring - Print out pictures on paper (cute colouring pics can be downloaded from the internet) for them to colour and glitter.
2) Cheap beads to make bracelets
3) Cardboard crowns to cut out and decorate with some pretty stones or jewels to stick on

0
0 0

Currently, my favorite party favor is a plastic candy tube filled with one inch gum balls to match the party and a personalized tag. Everyone loves gum balls and the tubes just look festive. I have made several of these for clients and they always turn out great. I also have given t-shirts with the image from the invitation printed on them. I love seeing our little friends at school or in the market wearing them even a year later. It reminds them (and me) of a special time.

0
0 0

Party favors are probably one of my favorite aspects to the party. I love coming up with unique ideas.
For a swimming party I gave each child their own bath size towel. I sewed a strip of colorful printed fabric on the ends and trimmed it in wide colored rickrac. They loved it!

For a dinosaur party I made little drawstring bags out of burlap and painted dinosaur prints on the front of each bag. I filled them with little play dinosaurs and rock candy. The kids loved them because they could continue to use the bag long after the party was over.

Another fun idea, was for an American Girl doll party. Each girl received a bag that was filled with fabric, stuffing, and a little personal sewing kits so they could make a pillow and blanket for their American doll. (they learned to hand sew at the party). It was a big hit with them.

0
0 0

When it comes time to deciding on a party favor, stay with the theme of your party. Party favors do not need to be expensive and you can put together great favors that are very affordable that everyone will love.

Beach or luau themed party: you can find colorful sand pails in the dollar section. Fill the sand pails with bubbles, candy, shells, decorated sugar cookie etc.

Candy shoppe or Candyland themed party: have guests fill a favor box with sweets from the dessert table and include a toothbrush.

Circus themed party - fill a container with animal crackers and wrap with a pretty ribbon.

Baking party - fill a mason jar with all of the ingredients to make cookies (layering each ingredient). Top the lid with a pretty fabric and hold in place with twine adorned with a tag that includes the baking instructions.

0
70 0

I love the TickleMe Plant Party favor,,,in it you can grow a real plant that closes its leaves like crazy when you Tickle It!. http://www.ticklemeplant.com

0 0

Party favors can be anything – polariod pictures from a photobooth, food / sweet treats, toys, jewelry, even clothing. I love to mix it up for each party. Try to keep the favor aligned with the theme – but of course you don’t have to. Favors can be a budget buster so for our Safari party we got creative using brown paper bags & toilet paper rolls to make safari costumes! The kids loved them! The tutorial is here: http://getcreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/06/safari-party-cotumes.html. One of the most unique favors went with our potty party – we used yellow jelly beans & tootsie rolls for two separate “reward” bags – you can see these here: http://getcreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-parties-potty-party.html
We also made inexpensive snowflake scarves for the guests at our “cool igloo” party using felt snowflakes and cheap fleece fabric – it was super easy and affordable! You can see those here: http://getcreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/11/magazine-holiday-birthday-party.html . The favor can also be part of the activity – at our bug party the kids each received bug jars {remodeled baby food jars!} and had to dig through the dirt to find the bugs they would take home! You can see our bug party here: http://getcreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/09/our-party-bug-birthday-free-printable.html. Combining the activity and the favor can help keep cost down when you are on a budget.

0
0 0

Lots of times we mom fill up treat sacks with lots of goodies and candy, but I think parents appreciate one memorable favor that is really cool and has a purpose. I have given out tutus and fairy wings for parties, kites, books, crayons in the shape of a guitar, and even nicely packaged candy bars make for some really cool party favors.

0
0 0

I love sending dinner party guests home with breakfast for the next morning. A couple of freshly baked muffins or scones in a box with a cute tag does the trick.

0
0 0

My favorite party favors are the ones that are personal.
Pictures of the kiddos having fun at the party are always a sweet keepsake, and they're made even more special when framed in picture frames that the kids have decorated themselves.
Things that the kids have crafted during the party also make great party favors. The kids take pride in the things that they've made themselves, and they serve as a fun memento of the good times they shared with their friends.
Photo link: http://www.passion-for-parties.com/image-files/cake-boss-party-favors.jpg

0
0 0

I am a real fan of baked party favours such as cookies and cookie wands. They are a fun and delicious way to remember the party by.

0
0 0

I usually don't like to give out a lot of trinkets so, I opt for a themed homemade and decorated cookie; a craft they started at the party and can finish at home. For the Trash Bash, I gave out small toy trash trucks with about 3 pieces of candy; for a picnic party we threw we sent the kids home with mini picnic baskets filled with candy kisses along with an ant shaped cookie, You have to try to get creative, because most parents don't like the trinkets coming home with the kids any more than you like giving them out. On the same hand, I don't really like to send home a lot of sugar either. Coloring pages and crayons, small crafts, deck of cards, something along those lines are great.

0
0 0

Party favors should be centered around the age of the guests and the theme of the party. For example - if you are having a fish party make edible fish bowls. Get an inexpensive container {plastic or glass} fill with blue jello and red fish candy. Let the jello solidify. Then add a fun tag. Favors should always be practical. At my events, I like to offer an edible gift for the adults and useful toy/activity for the kids to play with at home that will remind them of the party. It is also very important to remember the presentation - wrap the favors in a matching container with a tag that correlates to the party theme. Most importantly - be original with favors!

0
0 0

There are SO many fun ideas for unique party favors. I love keeping it simple by scoring fun deals and matching items from the Target dollar aisle, etc. For my daughter's parties I like to do matching tee's or hair bows to make the other kiddo's feel special, too! :)

0
0 0

These can vary depending on the theme and the ages of the children. I think is unique to get something that would be useful to the child. I like getting school supplies, notebooks, coloring books, or a personalized cup, etc...something that they can keep for a while and not just a cheap toy from the Dollar Tree that will end up in the garbage on the way home from the party.

0
0 0

Cute food. Everyone loves it. An Oreo dipped in white chocolate and made to look like a panda for a Chinese New Year party and put in a pretty wrapped cellophane bag, or a chocolate dipped spoon to look like a reindeer for a Christmas party, or a mason jar filled with marshmallows, graham cereal and chocolate chips for a smores party and tied in a pretty ribbon. Handmade is best!

0
0 0

For my son's 4th birthday party we provided capes and masks for party favors. The kids could wear the capes and masks during the birthday party it was fun. (Adults were asked to come dressed in costume as well !)

Another unique party favor could be a preschool summer bucket list placed in a small sand bucket. (I have made these to help keep the kids engaged with their families instead of being bored).

For the baby shower I recently threw party favors included Book worms and Bookmarks, i.e., gummy worms and book marks. It was cute and part of the theme.

Almost anything can be a party favor! It should support your theme in some format and again doesn't have to cost much or be too elaborate, though if you wanted to it could!

0
0 0

Can we agree as moms that we're tired of little bags of trinkets, pencils and candy?

I think your funds are better spent on one special favor. Here are some ideas I've used.

Try a decorated cookie, like at our Christmas Card Writing Party: http://doublefunparties.com/2011/11/16/christmas-card-party-writing-party/.

At our Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Party, we gave plush backpack clips of the Peanuts gang: http://doublefunparties.com/2011/09/29/charlie-brown-thanksgiving-party/.

We gave violet seed paper at our Flower Fairy Party, so each girl could start her own garden: http://doublefunparties.com/2012/05/31/our-parties-flower-fairy-birthday-party/

For our Shabby Chic Easter Party, I gave each guest the book The Country Bunny: http://doublefunparties.com/2012/03/28/our-parties-shabby-chic-easter/

Felt cookies in a real tea tin were the take-home gift for our Vintage Tea Party: http://doublefunparties.com/2011/10/31/vintage-tea-party-part-1/

And for our Wizard of Oz Party, I broke my own rule and packed blue gingham tin lunch boxes with Glinda's bubbles, rainbow hair elastics, Wizard of Oz stickers, a heart necklace and a custom-made felt poppy bracelet: http://doublefunparties.com/2012/05/09/our-parties-wizard-of-oz-7th-birthday/

0
0 0

I like something people can really use and/or enjoy immediately! For my Vintage Rooftop Wine Party we had all guests bring bottle for a bottle swap, and for party favors we had the Haley's 5-in-1 wine stopper to accompany the bottle they took home.

0