What are three distinctive features of your blog?

0 0

1. I believe it's one of the first blogs out there to document the surrogacy process.
2. I've tried to be informative at times on gay parenting and dispel some of the myths out there.
3. In between the informative posts, I try to present "slice of life" posts to give readers an sense of what our lives are like.

0
0 0

While trying to conceive my first child, I stumbled onto some blogs started by other two mom and two dad families. It was a good way to connect with others who were in the same stage of pregnancy with the added bonus of being the same type of family. I also found it to be the easiest way to keep a pregnancy journal. My wife had it made into a bound book after the baby's birth.

0
0 0

Realizing early on, that there were many, hundreds even, similar families out there. Worldwide. The ability to seek out advice with like families, and to encourage others to relate to our unique family, regardless of their own belief systems and family demographics.

0
0 0

0
0 0

1. A mix of personal narrative and political commentary.
2. My P.O.V. is that of a somewhat gender non-conforming (or "gender queer") parent, and that can be unusual, even within LGBT parent community.
3. I'd say "pictures of cute kids!" but I think that's probably been taken by every other parent already!

0
0 0

1. My blog is less of a personal diary and more of a lifestyle site providing news, information, and inspiration for and about LGBT parents.
2. I host the annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day on June 1, an event I created six years ago that encourages all bloggers to post in support of LGBT families.
3. My regular "LGBT Parenting Roundup" posts compile political news, family profiles, entertainment tidbits, and more from around the Web, specific to LGBT families.

0
0 0

1. Plenty of videos and photos. And since these videos and photos are of my super cute son and two Great Danes, they really are worth checking out!
2. Since I don't tell detailed exploits of my day-to-day drama, you don't really need to know much to start reading. Two gay dads, one three-year-old son and two Great Danes. That's it.
3. Humor. I use plenty of it when things are good and especially when things are bad. It may not cause you to wet your seat (which I guess is another distinctive feature, but I was only asked to provide three), but I hope to put a smile on people's faces when they visit my blog.

0
0 0

I began The Other Mother in 2004 when my first child was born because all of our relatives live far away. I thought that they would enjoy the chance to follow our daily lives through the blog. That was never the case. No one in our family "got" the idea of a blog, for some reason. However, The Other Mother did gain a following. It was one of the first lesbian mommy blogs. I think most readers fall into three groups: 1) lesbian moms, 2) moms of young children, and 3) lesbian wannabe moms.

0
0 0

I was inspired to start blogging by the instant access which the internet provides. Some members of my family are not interested in the "complexity" of Facebook and other social media sites, and so blogging was a way for them to follow our family with just one link.

0
0 0

1. We write a lot about being a lesbian non-bio mom in a family where the other mom gives birth. Both of us have been there. It's kind of intense.
2. Gail successfully re-lactated for our second kid (that Lyn birthed) so that we could both nurse him, and we wrote about the experience in detail. If you're thinking about trying this, or just curious how it might work, check out our side bar for links.
3. Our kids were conceived via frozen sperm from a bank (like lots of kids in two-mom families). We write about how our understanding of donor conception has changed over the years and how we're approaching talking to our kids about their origins.

0
0 0

After a long journey involving drugs, shots, doctors, ultrasounds, PCOS, and a lot of frustration, we finally became pregnant in April of 2007. My blog was originally created as a personal diary, but not a private one. For the most part, it still is.

0
0 0

1. Both parents contribute. Our perspectives and writing styles are often different.
2. We're quite open — sharing our names, positive and challenging experiences, a financial breakdown of the cost of conceiving our son, etc.
3. Photos of our adorable son.

0
0 0

1. It's captivating. If I weren't me, I would want to read about my life. ;-)
2. I try to make it humorous, even in not-so-humorous moments.
3. It's inspiring — who wouldn't be inspired by two 25-week preemies, who are utterly adorable and fierce fighters?

0
0 0

1. Honest even when I don't want to be, but always striving to find the funny in every moment.
2. We have found a very pleasing rhythm in parenting that may have just gone by unnoticed if we didn't write it down.
3. Three little girls biologically related to each other, as well as to two daddies — that's pretty distinct.

0
0 0

1. It’s an eclectic mix of travel blog, photo blog, and political commentary.
2. I include a lot of my photography within the blog - especially travel photos.
3. There’s a lot of dry wit.

0
0 0

1. It's witty! It's all about having a laugh at the difficulties of being a parent. It's about my neurosis, my squabbles with today's society and coping with full-time fatherhood...If you can laugh at all this, then you have nothing to worry about tomorrow! Kind of... Uh, and I swear on occasion. Sorry, it's just me.
2. It's extremely personal. I talk about my life as it happens, reflect on how it happened and throw in whoever happens to cross my path! So be careful!
3. It's not all about babies! Because I believe that being a parent is not an ultimate defining quality for anyone, it's just part of what we are and I did not want to write a blog that made me sound as if all I had to talk about was my son and how many diapers I am able to change without breaking into a sweat...Yes, Gabriel is absolutely gorgeous and adorable...But he is my son! I cannot expect the world to read about him every week without getting bored and I aim to entertain and inspire!

0