In what ways is New York unique from other places you've lived or traveled?

0 0

With all the TV shows and movies set in New York, being here is like living in one. You do your business in the world of Seinfeld, the Friends people, Spiderman, Carrie Bradshaw, and of course Harry meeting Sally. You get their jokes, understand their apartment hunting plight, and eat where they eat. Who hasn't heard the Law and Order doink-doink introduce a scene in front of their favorite bodega? I just love it.

And there's the celebrities (eee! they're just like us!). I hear how vapid this sounds. But you can't help but get giddy when you find yourself running next to Julia Stiles by the East River*, sneaking a pinch on Chris Noth at a bar (in his Mr. Big days), and pushing kids on swings next to Padma Lakshmi at the playground**. If only one of them would invite me on their private jet.

*I passed her, thank you very much. Granted, she was likely on mile 9, while I was on 2.

**This woman is sickly gorgeous to the point I almost went up and poked her to check if she was a fembot. Also, this list constitutes half my celeb sightings in over eight years. I am apparently blind.

0
0 0

New York is always evolving and always moving. There's a new adventure around the corner everyday. You can be immersed chinese culture and music and food in Chinatown in Lower Manhattan and a few hours later be transported to Indian culture in Curry Hill in Grammercy. You have access to every culture and every adventure.

0
0 0

I've never really lived anywhere outside of New York (except when I was a really little girl) so I don't have a big comparison. I love living in NY. I have visited my relatives in several locations across the country and I don't think I could ever leave here. Well, at least not until I retire and want to stay in the warmth year round:)

0
0 0

One of the things that always amazes me when I leave New York is that pretty much anywhere else you go (except perhaps London!), things are cheaper! It's nice to feel like you're getting a bargain when you get away -- especially when you may need to stock up on diapers, Pull Ups, wipes, or, well, anything else!

What really makes New York unique though is the energy -- the constant buzz and hum of the city. Whether it's Central Park as the sun rises, Time Square at rush hour or downtown as the sun sets, the city has an energy that is unlike any other place in the world.

0
6 0

New York is one of the few big cities in America where children that live here actually get an urban experience. Not many of us drive, we take public transportation, we use the parks as our grassy areas to roam free; but we have attractions and history within our reach that people add to their "to do" list when they travel here.
This month my family is moving 35 minutes north to Connecticut to find some more space to accommodate a family of five, but we will be back often. Once NYC has been a place you've called home, there is no turning back. You will always long for the uniqueness and excitement of the city.

0
1 0

New York City, where I've lived for nearly 15 years, is one of the most magical amazing places I have ever traveled to or resided in. There is no place is the world that has the opportunities, people, experiences or energy that New York does. You can have unique experiences in dining, environment and culture just by changing your location by walking a few streets in a different direction or going to another borough. I love that you can walk down the streets of NYC and hear 6 or 7 different languages or hope on a subway train or bus and see people of different ethnicities, colours, creeds and religions- some you may not have known existed before. New York City is a place that you either love or hate it is not for the faint of heart or weary of spirit. But you can have and do anything you want there so long as you believe you can.

0
0 0

New York is very diverse with so many people from different ethnicities. You can immerse yourself in Little Italy in one place and then shop for beautiful sari clothes in Queens at the Indian shops and taste there amazing foods.

0
0 0

In one city you have dozens neighborhoods that are complete worlds unto themselves. There's the gritty, edgy, East Village. Cool shopping in Soho. Jaw-dropping gorgeousness of the brownstones and cobblestone streets in the West Village. The High Line Park in Chelsea. The stunning jewel that is Central Park. The never-gets-old walk across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Governor's Island. DUMBO. I LIVE here and can never get to all of the many things I want to do. All while eating the best food, watching the most fashionable people and feeling the kind of energy I only experience in New York!

0
0 0

New York is very diverse, each neighborhood is unique and has different hidden gems. After living here almost two years with a kid we are still discovering and finding new things to do each day. So NYC is a BIG city with a small community feel.

0
0 16

New York has wonderful change of seasons. The Fall is exceptionally beautiful with apple picking, Fall foliage, winery's and more.

0
0 0

It's such a cliche, but it's a place that vibrates with life. Plus, you can travel as little as five miles and watch the landscape change dramatically. Beaches and trees on Long Island, nightlife in the city, skiing and sightseeing upstate. There's just so much to do!

0
2 1

New York City has always been my home. Although I have traveled to over 40 states and 20 countries, nothing compares to New York City. New York City is unique because you can have hectic chaos one minute but walk a half mile and be in a serene and quiet garden. New York offers both man made beauty in its skyline and natural beauty in the quiet of Central Park. There is a diversity rarely found elsewhere. But it is this diversity that often binds us together and makes us more empathetic and stronger at the same time.

0
0 2

New York is unique in every way..from its different cultures, languages and fashion trends its just simply one big melting pot!

0
0 0

New York is unlike anywhere else in the world! The people who live here are the most resilient, strong, and charismatic people that you will ever meet. I love the diversity here and the fact that my children are being raised around all types of people from all kinds of different places.

0