In what ways is SoCal unique from other places you've lived or traveled?

0 0

Southern California is where most vacation we get to live here year round and I feel blessed that we do!

0
0 0

Beach + Mountians + Desert all wrapped up into one

0
0 0

SoCal is diverse - there are pockets of amazing ethnic communities and so many food options!

0
0 1

Well, I've never actually lived anywhere else, born in raised right here in Los Angeles. However, I have traveled to other areas of the country, and the world.

Obviously, the weather here in SoCal is hands down, unbeatable. Why do you think we have SO many transplants here?

That is another difference, we are truly a melting pot, and we can claim that title better than any other area in the world. There are more cultures represented here than anywhere else.

Although, something else that’s interesting about this area: with all the different people moving here from all over the world, nowhere else do you find transplants trying SO hard to become the stereotypical SoCal person. And the funny thing, real SoCal people don't usually fit into that stereotype. It's a stereotype created by what the world "thinks" SoCal is or should be, not by what it is to truly be a SoCal native.

0
0 0

SoCal has the unique landscape to provide the opportunity to go play in the bright blue ocean and be skiing on a crystal clear mountaintop hours later. From it's rich agricultural history to the beautiful sunny weather, Socal has it all!

0
6 63

I think So Cal is unique because of 1: the weather; 2: so many things to do and see within a 30 min drive; and 3: So Cal peeps don't seem to have a minute free in their schedule. They're running from one "thing" to the next!

0
0 0

I'm a little biased with this question. Born and raised in California, there is no other place I'd want to raise my children. Watching my kids build sand castles on the same beaches where I once built castles myself makes me all gooey inside. We've got Mickey and the beach, mountains and our family. I don't see myself ever leaving.

0
0 0

I am a native San Diegan (CA) and now reside in Long Beach (CA), but I spent the early-mid 1990s out of state in the Chicago area for college and two years after graduation. I've always said if Chicago had Southern California's climate I'd never have left... yes, the climate changes - extremes - of Chicago drove me back to my hometown region. I now know that we will be in Long Beach for a long, long time. It's got the culture of a hustling city like Chicago (and is very walkable like a larger city), but has the wonderful Southern California coastline and climate like San Diego (OK, a tad warmer, but close enough!).

0
0 3

I love SoCal! Everything is literally "a drive away." I feel so fortunate that we're so close to nice beaches, fun attractions, beautiful parks, and great weather. (For example, even though it doesn't snow in many parts of SoCal, if we want to go snowboarding in the winter, we have mountains about an hour and half away.) How cool is that?!

0
0 0

My family loves everything that SoCal has to offer, from the mountains to the deserts to the beaches. There are metropolitan centers with culture and bustle, suburbs with space and routine and everything else in between...and, it's all within driving distance.

0
2 2

It is a well-rounded place to live where our children can see and experience many different cultures and ethnicities.

0
0 67

I love living in SoCal because of the beautiful weather, wide range of ideas and cultures and arts and entertainment available.

0
0 0

For the most part, I have lived in Orange County my entire life. There was college in the Central Coast and a couple years in the Bay Area after college, but I always knew I would end up back in Orange County. What makes So Cal so unique to me is that there are very few places you can live that provide access to big cities, beaches, mountains, the desert, museums, culture and of course, great weather. I feel extremely fortunate to have so much at our families finger tips. We are lucky and I know that.

0
0 0

We just moved to suburban Los Angeles from downtown Chicago in January, so just about everything feels unique and different to us these days! I love that Southern California is full of “doers.” Maybe it’s the year-round great weather, but there’s a very strong positive energy here that motivates me to be my most creative self, to explore my greatest potential and to get out there and “do” something every day. It makes me happy that this energy also trickles down to my toddler daughter!

0
0 0

I was raised in Connecticut and lived in Boston and Philadelphia before moving to Los Angeles. As much as I miss the East coast, I do love that I can get my kids outside to play almost every single day. Even when it rains, it's usually warm enough to throw on a raincoat and boots and splash around! There are endless possibilities when it comes to outdoor fun, and I've always enjoyed the fact the beach and the mountains are both easily accessible. Families engage in a lot of outdoor exercise around here, which makes for a very healthy childhood. But don't get me started on the pollen count and environmental allergens...yikes!

0
0 0

As a native Midwesterner, I just can't get used to Southern California's winters--in a good way! The sight of roses blooming next to Christmas decorations always makes me smile. And I always have to laugh at myself when I hear myself calling a 65-degree day "cold." In Chicago, 65 degrees was shorts weather!

0
0 0

We are so blessed with such wonderful weather. Being able to take my kids to the park almost any day of the year saves my parenting behind! I don't know how mamas in snow states do it!

We are also very lucky to have attractions like beaches, zoos, and museums to keep all the little guys busy.

0
0 0

SoCal is as unique as my lipstick collection Darling! From shimmers to gloss, reds and pinks... huh? Oh yes, that’s right, we’re talking about SoCal... what I meant was, the variety my Dear! One moment your freshly painted toes are in the warm sand by the Pacific Ocean and the next thing you know, you’re driving to the snow covered (in the winter of course) mountains then off you go to the desert, just in time to hear the live jazz musicians playing their final set. Oooh, sounds like a good plan... hmmm, I wonder if Grandma and Grandpa will sit with the kids for me and the Hubby tomorrow?

0
9 56

In high school I had the privilege to travel around the world (and the US). I found so many things that I adored about the places I visited. Then I arrived home I realized that SoCal holds the majority of those amazing things in one place!

Of course, the top of the list would be the weather - it's perfection! But along with that we have the option of mountains, dessert, or beach all within an hour of each other. It’s a dream!

0
1 0

Southern California is probably one of the prettiest places I've ever lived and I've lived on both coasts, the Midwest, the South and overseas. SoCal has an incredibly peaceful and laid back energy. I was born in Colorado which is lovely with the Rocky Mountains; I grew up in Plano, Texas which is nice, but incredibly FLAT. That's actually how it got it's name. The settlers thought Plano was the Spanish word for "plains" - no joke. Southern California is fantastically unique because there's such an incredible variety in the landscape. You can look one direction and see palm trees, turn just a little and catch a gorgeous mountain view, then do a 180 and see waves crashing on the shore. It is awesome in the most literal sense of the word. I LOVE being just an hour from a beach or 2 hours from the mountains- you can't beat that!

0
0 0

The first time I visited SoCal as a kid, I knew it would end up being my forever home. What makes this area particularly unique is the variety here. You can go from the mountains to the beach to the desert in a day. My family is big on the outdoors, so we love that we can surf, snowboard, haul out the ATVs and take a hike in the woods. With all that, it still has a ton of bustling city areas and cultural sites. We catch concerts at world-famous venues and tour historical sites all the time. My favorite thing about Southern California is the people - the friendly, laid-back attitude around here can't be beat!

0