What is your best tip for keeping the bathroom clean?

0 0

Picking up the bathroom every day is the best way I keep my bathroom clean. This also includes rinsing and wiping off my children's toothpaste spit in the bathroom sink before it dries.

Aside from keeping things tidy, I like to keep reusable washcloths just for cleaning, a box of baking soda, and a bottle of scented castile soap in the bathroom. (Peppermint, almond, and lavender are some of my favorite soap scents.) When the sink starts to look dirty, I fill the sink about halfway full with water and a splash of castile soap. I scrub the sink and top of the vanity with the soapy water, then finish off by wiping down the toilet with the soapy water. Similarly, I squirt a tiny bit of castile soap in the toilet bowl, sprinkle some baking soda, and then scrub with a toilet brush. Everything ends up clean ... plus it smells great and doesn't leave a harsh chemical odor or residue.

2
0 0

The best tip for keeping the bathroom clean in my house is the bucket I keep under each sink. It holds clean rags and a spray bottle of diluted vinegar. After I drop off little guy to school I have three designated days that I run around a spot clean the mess.

The boys are responsible for spot cleaning once a week. And the oldest does the shower and the toilets when I nag him.

As for keeping it tidy, being organized is best, But my newest trick to keep the clutter down is one towel for each family member and everyone has their own color. I packed away the rest of the towels and hid the extra guest towels. Oddly enough the floors and hampers have never look so empty! We wash the towels and Wednesdays and Saturdays.

1
0 0

Baking soda and white vinegar keep everything sparkling clean at our house. You can also use it to unclog drains and de-ring your bathtub. I keep cleaning supplies in there so I have no excuse to get it done on a regular basis.

1
0 0

We have boys, so the bathrooms certainly need attention every few days. I keep a bottle of cleaner I made from essential oils to clean up messes. And on the weekend, I sprinkle baking soda and spray with vinegar (a healthy disinfectant) on the sinks, toilets, tub, and shower.

My best advice is to keep it natural and simple.

1
4 279

I do a little bit of cleaning every day and only clean with natural cleaners. There are so many hidden toxins manufacturers don't have to tell you about!

Make sure your "green" cleaning products are really green! More about that in this post:

http://dagmarbleasdale.com/2011/11/is-your-green-cleaning-product-really-green/

0
0 0

I don't like to use any toxic synthetic chemicals to clean anything, so my best tip involves using pure castile soap and either baking soda or Bon Ami powder to clean everything in the bathroom. Also, I'm a huge fan of pure essential oils (I use the therapeutic grade ones which are purer and more effective--they also have healing benefits, beyond cleaning benefits) such as tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint, lemon, and orange. Or any scent that you like.

www.greenlivingnow.com
Amy Todisco, Green Living Expert

0
1 0

Keep cleaning supplies in the bathroom. If I have to go searching for the supplies then I won't clean as often. Also, wipe out the sink every night while the kids are in the bath. I like to take advantage of the time I am in the bathroom hanging out while they bathe. Multitasking is a mom's best talent. Find out how to make your own simple cleaning supplies on my blog Kitchen Counter Chronicles.

0
0 0

Finding a product that I love (that smells clean, but in a good way, not in a chemically way) has really helped motivate me to keep the bathrooms clean. Also, stash the cleaning supplies nearby so that it only takes a few seconds. I tend to clean the rest of the bathroom while my kiddos are in the tub :)

0
2 0

I agree - a good product is key. I love to use 1000+ Stain Remover.....I get a spray bottle from the dollar store, keep a bottle in both bathrooms (handy IS dandy) and put 2 parts 1000+ and 8 parts water (goes a long way!) and spray and scrub inside of toilet bowl, spray and wipe outside of toilet, floor, walls (finger prints) sink, counter, etc. safe, gentle and biodegradable - you can't beat it!

0 0

Daily pick-ups are key! I'm not even talking about wiping things down!

I've had to train my brain to see the clutter. When I see the clutter (and then pick it up!), cleaning is so much easier!

And really, a clutter-free bathroom can pass for a clean bathroom at first glance . . . .

0
0 0

One of the best ways we keep the bathroom clean is by preventing the mess before it happens.

Each day I try and do a "wipe-down" of the sink, toilet and shower with a clorox wipe. This takes me less than 5 minutes and prevents the bathroom from becoming unbearably dirty.

I also try and minimize the clutter by not keeping a lot of items in the bathroom. Just the basics. This helps prevent dust and makes cleaning a breeze.

0