What are your children's back to school traditions?

After a long vacation, kids are often ready to go back to school. What are some fun traditions that your kids have when they are going back to school?

21 14

My mom always had fresh baked (from scratch) chocolate chip cookies when we got home from school the first day. I have carried that on with my own kids. It is both special and yummy!

1
0 0

A special treat when they get home from school that day and pizza for dinner!

0
236 440

We homeschool, and we often do school through the summer. It makes more sense for us to be off in November and December because my older daughter's a pre-pro ballet student and crazy busy with the Nutcracker at that time.

We still hit the sales, and the two homeschool groups that we're involved with have either back-to-school picnics or ice cream socials. Another of their activities and one of the groups also meet through the summer, so they also go to pool parties, movie nights, miniature golfing, etc. even though they're still doing schoolwork. So my kids get new supplies, clothes and haircuts, plus some fun social activities, even though they didn't stop learning over the summer.

0