What are your favorite eczema treatments for an infant?

Babies have such sensitive skin that treating eczema or other skin diseases can be a real challenge. What are some of your tried and true eczema treatments for infants?

75 10

Nothing but pure virigin olive oil. Smear it on, let it soak, then wash the scales off. Put another light coat on it and the scales stay away. It is good for you, with vitamins and such, and no chemicals.

Keeping away from mineral oil, and sulfates does the trick too. Weber Farms somewhere in Ky is a good place for ALL natural baby products. I can't remember the website because it lasts forever!

4
75 10

Weber farms does goats milk, honey, olive oil and stuff. Great products. My almost 3 year old smells so great, but it's healthy natural products. Not man made chemicals! http://weber-farms.com/

29 17

ReNew from Melaleuca works amazing for eczema, it can also be used as a diaper ointment.

3
8 27

believe it or not, my friends peadiatrician recommended a janola (bleach) bath alternated with a salt bath. this girl was bad and within a few baths of each she has been clear of eczema for months. The janola is a bleach, and while it sounds dramatic, the peadiatrician told how much to put in the bath which was barely minimal, but it kills all the germs on the skin and the salt is a good way to heal cuts and open sores. we do it after a cut or surgery, why not for our kids?? 4 baths later and all gone!!

1
16 5

Renew is the best thing to use for eczema and psoriasis. I have tried everything and nothing helped or kept it at bay until this. I was almost being forced to go on the prescription meds that can cause Cancer and I found this. It is liquid gold. If anyone wants to ask any questions just email, had eczema my whole life and now after all this time I discovered something that worked and is safe and healthy. If you want more info email me at cjkavarnos@gmail.com

1
3 21

cetaphil lotion & bath soap.

1
3 0

I have went through things like aquaphor, aveeno, johnson johnson products, eucerin, hydrocortisone and some home remedies but none of them worked or if they worked not for long. I discovered this and it does wonders and I love to use it as well. Its a tad pricey but its worth it to buy for the winter months and its all natural. Quite a few people do not like the smell but its smells great to me. Best of luck!!!!
If the site doesn't work its Lush Dream Cream :)
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/body/hand-and-body-creams/dream-cream

1
1 11

We have been olive oiling our daughter every night from birth to 25 months (now) and her skin is lovely! We also wash her in the sink and olive oil her after each change and use cloth nappies. We only use wipes when out and she's never had nappy rash!

1
5 16

My baby had very very severe eczema, his head wept and was raw and red. Within 3 months I had got it to completely clear up without using anything nasty that dr wanted me to use! We bathed him every day, it does not dry out the skin if the water is warm, not hot, we put olive oil in and I put oats into a muslin and ran the water through this. I moisturised his skin regularly with Aveno too. This all kept his skin hydrated but what cleared it up was taking him to a homeopath. Anyone that thinks they are a con should have watched my baby, in 3 months I could see the homeopathy treatment working. You can not just give a generic homeopathic treatment though as each case is individual, you must see a qualified homeopath. 24hrs after each treatment we saw an improvement, this continued for a few days at the start, then we would notice that it stopped improving, at this point the homeopath we were seeing would tell us to give another of the remedy, the same happened. Each time the improvement continued for slightly longer.
We are now at the stage where he has been ezcema free for 9 months. Homeopathy may cost money, I think we ended up spending about £300 on appointments but if it cost 10x that I would pay, it has been worth every penny to take away the pain and suffering.

1
0 0

i like this idea! every one is so concerned about what not to eat!! i also truly believe it is what we are not feeding our babies that may be a problem... do some reading on zinc deficiencies and lack of essential fatty acids and eczema!! you all should do this!! a cure is out there, we dont have to just rely on how best to live with it... good foods sesame seeds/oil pumpkin seeds/oil flax seed oil cod liver oil liver dates (not to many) coconut oil sunflower seeds and zinc suplements read up on these!!! and their connection with eczema! we are just starting out our adventure with these! but so many people have had such good results that it is hard to ignore,, also gloves just dont help at night! we have wrapped our baby 15 months for three nights now, fairly tight, with his arms individually wrapped against his side.. then tied with a scarf.. no more open wounds in the morning and it seems to calm him, he loves it!!

21 66

ZINC cream only! it works magic

1
0 0

we had great experiance with this, 15 month baby severe case!!! try include zinc rich foods !!

1 0

Baby probiotics!! Eczema is a sign that toxins are accumulating inside. If you are supplementing with formula I might suggest making your own as there really are no good formulas on the market, even organic ones - check out westin price foundation for recipes. If you are purely breastfeeding, check your diet. If baby's poop is green or slightly on the green side, there is food allergies. So check your diet and eliminate citrus fruits, nuts, dairy, chocolate, etc until there is no green poop. You can start adding foods back in one at a time to see what turns the poop green. I breastfeed and have to supplement with formula. We were using earths best which I was reluctant to use but did not have many options until I discovered I could make my own :) What a difference it made in my little ones eczema!! Using homemade body butters and oils helped too but did not provide long term relief.

0
0 0

My four months old daughter has an eczema and we have been attending doctors'offices every week with the hope that the doctors will help. However, everyone says to use hydrocortisone and that they don't have a clue what triggers it. I have been trying to eliminate food, vitamins, etc anything that I consume. In addition my baby had blood streaks in her stool and again noone knows what was the reason, it wasn't milk, soy, etc. I have discovered that it was salmon fish that caused all these reactions. When I stop consuming salmon, my baby was doing very well, but two days ago I eat salmon and her skin became very irritated, the eczema got worse and the blood streaks appeared. So, I have decided to call her doctors and to write to all of you worried moms and tell you about my experience and hope that I can help you with that. Good luck and don't give up, keep trying to find what disturbs your little angel:)
P.S. I have tried herbal cream and it had irritated her skin immediately so much that we sought doctor's help immediately. please , don't do anything without doctor's approval, don't take that risk like I did because I was in desperate position.
Toni

0
15 0

Hi. I am a consultant for Arbonne International id number 440014099 their ABC Baby Care is the Pure & Safe and works well on Eczema. Go on line and check it out.

0
4 0

Seacret: Minerals from the Dead Sea mud bar and body butter! totally look up the healing benefits of the Dead Sea for eczema.

0
1

ARBONNE ABC Baby range. Before using this range I was using cortisone on my son but now haven't needed to in over 12 months. These products are botanically based, pediatrician tested and free from harmful ingredients. Literally visible results in 48 hours. Contact me for free sample
https://www.facebook.com/lynda.irvingarbonneIC

0
123 3

For infants, it is difficult because their immune system are still developing and therefore allergy tests will not be accurate.

Infant's skin is also more delicate and therefore, skincare products that contain the more common ingredients that irritate skin should be avoided. Also, topical steroid cream should also be used as prescribed and of the mildest potency.

Distraction techniques work best, and apart from moisturizer, bath oil and monitoring for environmental/food triggers, there are times when the scratching just can't stop and get into both you and the baby! I distracted my baby lots, from toys to even watching sign language!

An encouraging eczema journey of how distraction with sign language helps my baby :) http://eczemablues.com/2011/11/distracting-little-fingers-of-children/

Hugs!
Mei of EczemaBlues.com

0
0 0

My baby has mild eczema on her face, she has had it since she was 5 months and at first I thought it was dry from drooling coz of the teething..at 6 months the doc diagnosed it:( can anyone share similar experiences and how did they go about it. I'm so scarred from what I have been reading about it. So far I have tried perderm for 2 days coz i can't use it for long since it has cortisone and oilatum moisturizer which again isn't so great also I shifted to HA formula.

0
96 19

1. We use unscented bleach, 1/4 cup per bathtub of warm (not hot) water once weekly. It kills the gers & staph growing on the scratched areas. Bathing daily, even with just water is essential to killing bacteria.
2. Body soap- Oil of Olay Quench. Hair - Infusium shampoo & conditioner seem to keep scalp calm best.
3 Lather em down with a good barrier cream. Triple Cream lotion for dry/eczema skin found near lotions under dry skin products.
4. Control breakouts linked to Asthma and Allergies with a daily dose of Singulair and Zyrtec.

0
24 9

Definately try Skincerity! Works for any skin condition, including eczema, psoriasis, scars, stretch marks, cuts, burns, acne, anything! Check out my website, and see how you can change your life, and help your baby! If you're interested, contact me for more information on how to get it for much cheaper than the retail price on the website!
www.mynucerity.com/kkamphuis

0
9 0

Melaleuca lotion is by far the best. My daughter would break out in these uncomfortable and itchy rashes when she was younger. We tried everything: Aveeno, Vaseline brand, Eucerine, Burts Bees, etc. and no matter what, she would cry during bath time and after because she said it would sting so badly. One week, I was at Target every single night buying a new product for her to try just hoping we would find something that worked. We finally gave in and try a topical steroid cream at her doctors request and that did absolutely nothing.
Then a friend told me about Melaleuca. That was 3 years ago and she hasn't had a breakout since. We solely use Melaleuca's lotion and body wash as well as other products like detergent and these have prevented her break outs. We will never use anything else and I tell all my friends about them. They are awesome. Feel free to inbox me with any questions...happy to share my story. :)
Hillary :)

0
2 0

Cetaphil cream after baths and Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for baths. Worked for my daughter who is 6 and had it from birth...now gone...my son who is two has it as well...he had it pretty bad such that his legs were dotted with scars and he scratched incessantly. One week of total cetaphil treatment and its under cnotrol...he has flares when he has the flu as the state of the skin is linked to respiratory allergies in his case. Dealing with the lungs deals with the skin for him.

0
12 19

Oatmeal baths, if your little one is super little, then just get in the tub with them and have a nice soak - you can buy Aveeno - however, I found that it irritated my little one, so I just used regular oatmeal.

No vaseline or mineral oil, it blocks pores and the skin can't breathe.

No fabric softeners or dryer sheets. Use ivory snow or an organic unscented detergent. You can use tennis balls in the dryer to avoid static cling.

Change diapers a lot - and use sterile water and kleenex or clean cloths to clean baby - no wipes and no scented diapers.

Unscented, natural lotions on baby's skin - test on the inside of the wrist of baby and wait for 2 days to see if there is a reaction. If not then use on skin. Bathe only 1 or 2 times a week.

If it is raw and bleeding - ensure you see your Dr. - especially if in the diaper area - it can be super tough. My little one had bleeding it was awful.

0
4 5

KETOZAL SHAMPOO...The best treatment....I use it whenever there is a break out on any part of my daughter's body...

0
7 12

ReNew from Melaleuca, It is awesome!

0
0 13

My niece had eczema patches on the side of her elbows and on her cheeks. I would apply Egyptian Magic Cream and it would seem to sooth the very dry skin. It's an all purpose skin cream with a very WIDE VARIETY of uses. I personally love using it as a lip moisturizer. You can find it on Amazon. Kinda pricey but very worth it. ...also works great on burns and scrapes.
P.S. All natural.

0
0 13

Also used it on bf's eczema (behind the knees), he's usually always had to use prescription strength creams to help calm it, but this worked just as well. We'd apply it at least twice a day.

0 0

Hi my son hav dis nappy rash n we tried all kind of medicated cream n none work he will start scratching it till its hurt... Can recommend me other medication cream.. Brought him to doctor n still it doesn't work...

0
0 20

QV and cetaphil are both great soap substitutes, my son has chronic dermatitis and can't use soap or any soap based products at all nor any lotions that have perfume in them so these work great for bathing, I also use good old sorbelene cream as a moisturiser as its fragrant free and has the glycerine in it which helps keep the skin moisturised throughout the day! :)

0
0 9

Vaseline problem skin therapy

0
0 20

So far I've used most creams but the aveano baby cream works better for us. Nothing will get rid of it but this seems to work pretty good and it's not greasy.

0
0 0

Oatmeal bath by aveeno

0
1 8

My son developed terrible eczema from his milk allergy. On hot days it would rub raw. Tried epizone e from clicks and it cleared in 2 weeks. Hasn't been back since.

0
6 16

Goat milk soap from local markets as no purfumes or chemicals..... and baby gaia range of products for same reason as above.... works for us.....

0
2 5

Well I have eczema just like my daughter so I try to follow his instruction for me and apply them for my daughter as well. First, less baths and when they are washed make sure the water is cool not hot (it being more towards warm/hot dries out the skin just like frequent bathing drys your skin which also makes the skin more itchy). Second, when bathing use any kind of oatmeal bath soap! Third, I found this new eczema cream/lotion in the baby isle made by aveno which also has the oatmeal in it!! Lastly, keep it covered with long pants or sleeves after its moistened (less easy for babys to scratch and more time for it to heal)!!

Now if you want to get real technical I've alway heard that eating less yeast or none at all will dry it up completely??

God Bless!!

0
4 5

Baby Aveeno Eczema lotion works great. Only treatment used and worked!

0
11 118

I use a product for my girl called MooGoo cream from Australia and its good. Other than the steroids which I try to avoid I use bath solution called pinetarsol it's a soap substitute and is great. You can also get it in a shOwer gel option

0
40 9

We use CJ's line of skin care, and some times Aveno for eczema because that even works better for us than prescription, but CJ's is all natural

0
2 12

My son's hands get really dry during the cold winter months. I use Johnson's Bedtime lotion during the day because I like the smell and it soaks in fast. When its bad I rub in a lot of lotion at bedtime, let it "dry" then apply Aquaphor to "seal" the moisture in. Works like a charm!

0
2 20

My daughter has eczema I use aquaphor every night and every time I take her to the pediatrition she comments on how well her skin looks. Aquaphor is real thick so it coats the skin really well and when put on at night it has a chance to get into the skin. and as far as soap Johnsons & Johnsons is gentle enough for bath time. Also keep in mind the detergent used to wash the babies' clothes. Use dye and fragrance free liguid with no softner on everything the baby uses

0
75 10

Many Johnson's products contain mineral oil, which is very drying. If you tried a natural product I think you would see a bigger difference. Johnson's marketing is really misleading as being gentle, but there are much better products out there. HTH

79 0

1. Put a little apple cider vinegar in the baby's bath water (half a cup or so - doesn't have to be exact).
2. Use a gentle, non-chemical body wash, like California Baby, to wash the baby's skin. But don't bathe that baby too often...it dries out the skin more.
3. Rub that little cherub down with coconut oil, an all natural body butter, or CJ's BUTTer. Others have mentioned olive oil...I haven't tried it, but worth a shot!
4. Love that baby's new skin! :) That is how I've cleared up my son's eczema and we have had no flare-ups in weeks!

0
28 21

My son had real bad eczema when he was younger (he's now 16 months and it has cleared up some) but what really worked for me were the Baby Aveeno products and especially the "Aveeno baby eczema therapy moisturizing cream." This was a bit expensive about $8 but it was worth it! I also had to get a prescription from his doctor and that helped a lot as well.

0