What is your favorite meal to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?

A slow cooker can be a life saver for busy moms who still want to make homemade meals for their family. What are some of your favorite recipes that can be made using a crock pot or slow cooker?

0 0

A family favorite of ours is Chicken Stroganoff. I put four frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with a 16 oz tub of sour cream, one bag of dry onion soup mix and a can of cream of mushroom soup. I put it on low in the morning and it cooks for 6-8 hrs. By the time you serve it it's shredded & so super yummy. I serve it over egg noodles or green beans for my husband who's diabetic.

45
1 4

this sounds really good! Must try!!

0 24

Crock Pot Orange Chicken

Ingredients:
• 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
• 1/3 cup flour
• olive oil
• 1/2 T salt
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 3 T ketchup
• 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
• 4 T brown sugar

in a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup.
Pour the flour in a small bowl.
Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off the excess.
Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the flour-covered chicken.
The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked since it's going in the crock pot.
After the chicken is done cooking, pour the pieces into the crock pot.
Then cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and give the pot a stir.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3.
Serve over rice and even add veggies.
Enjoy!

19
0 4

Add a comment

8 0

chicken & salsa

I put frozen chicken breasts with a jar of salsa over them, and cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-5 hours. Easy. I also like to add a can of corn. This is good on its own or in tortillas.

19
0 14

I make the exact same thing but I can black beans as well. It's so tasty and EASY!

1 8

Drunken Pork Chops: place 4 pork chops in the crock pot. Mix together 1 can mushroom soup, 1/3 cup red wine, and some garlic. pour mix over chops. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The chops get so tender that they end up shredded. My kids (ages 2, 4 & 5) love them!

17
36 3

This sounds great, I wanna try it...

0 52

3 large frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 small can of Chicken Broth (the whole can of Swanson makes it a little soupy)
Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
4 oz Cream Cheese
Wide Egg Noodles

mix all ingredients into crockpot except the egg noodles and cook on low 6 to 8 hrs,its really yummy and I got it from weight watchers, its called creamy crockpot chicken

13
3 9

I put frozen chicken, cut up bell peppers, onions, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Then add either a jar of tomatoe sauce or fresh tomatoes and let simmer for 4 or more hours. Serve over pasta. And it is so good. :) my kids LOVE it.

12
0 0

I am trying your recipe now :)

0 26

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken

Wash the whole chicken and sprinkle with salt (or lemon pepper/garlic...whatever seasoning you like)

Place at least 3 (I use 4 or 5 in my oval crock pot) aluminum foil balls (wad up pieces of foil) in the bottom of the crock pot (this keeps the chicken from sitting in the juices)
Place chicken on top of the foil.
Put on the lid and cook on low 6 - 7 hours and presto!....rotisserie chicken! (I didn't believe it either---you have to try it!)

11
0 0

Do you put in any water or broth?

0 30

Chinese Porkchops
6 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Place pork chops in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops.
Cook on Low setting for about 4 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees.

This is FABULOUS over rice and broccoli. If you like your sauce thick, about 30 min before your chops are done, take them out and add about 1 TBSP of cornstarch to the sauce and stir to thicken. Place chops back in and finish cooking.

8
36 3

Any day of the week chili

2med onions, chopped
4garlic cloves, minced
2green bell peppers chopped
2lbs ground chuck beef
2-14oz cans pinto beans
1-14oz can tomatoes drained
1-14oz.an green chilis chopped
1Tbs dried oregano
2Tbs ground cumin
1tsp cayenne pepper optional
1tsp black pepper
1tsp salt
1cup beef or chick broth
1cup sour cream
1cup sharp cheddar cheese
2Tbs green onions, thinly sliced

Sauté onions, garlic, and bell peppers until soft. Brown ground beef. Transfer to cp. Add remaining ingrediants. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Top w/sour cream ,cheese and green onions......yummmo!

8
47 20

unable to view your post for the receipe.

0 0

BBQ Chicken!
5-6 frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle of your fave BBQ
1 C Brown sugar
1 C Vinegar
1 C Water
Put chicken in Crock pot. Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Part way through I like to cut the chicken into cube size pieces. Delicious over mashed potatoes or rice.
Enjoy!!

6
5 43

pepperocini beef - 1 beef brisket and 1 jar of sliced pepperocinis (with the juice). Dump them both in the crock pot for 6-7 hours (depending on the size of the brisket) and VOILA - YUMMINESS!

6
36 3

Ty for this idea, it sounds good and I think I'll try it.:)

0 20

chicken, onion soup mix, 1/4 cup of Italian dressing and 1/4 cup water cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 shred at the end and serve on hamburger buns (with swiss cheese)
taste like Chicken Au Jus! SOOOO YUMMY!

or

Chicken, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of cheddar soup,garlic, salt and pepper cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4
serve on egg noodles or rice

i have a million more too LOL everyone always tells me i am obsessed with my crockpot but hey why not its great!!

5
0 38

I would love some more ideas.My oven has been out for the last 7 months. I need lots of help

0 0

Stew is one of my favorites...the meat is always so tender and the veggies full of flavor

5
0 0

Do you have a favorite recipe you want to share?

0 25

A roasting piece of beef rolled in a packet of French onion soup and left on low for 8 hours. The meat falls apart and is great for roast beef rolls. No water required. I own 3 slow cookers and like then to bits :D

4
0 0

Where you buy freezer bags, etc..they have crock pot bags ... so much easier.. no mess...just put the bag in and go from there...plenty big enough too for ANY size...once you try them, you won't use the crock pot without the bags...

4
0 1

Not concerned about the plastic ?

0 0

Slow-Cooked Meatloaf
I was not convinced about this at first but now its a weekly meal that the kids ask for...even my teen loves it and takes it to school the next day if there is any left. Its moist and light serve with mashed, gravy, and veggies.
Slow-Cooked Meatloaf what you need: 2 lbs extra lean groundbeef, 1 pkg stove top stuffing mix for chicken or turkey, 1/4 cup water, 1 onion chopped or diced, 1/3 ketchup, 1/4 cup yelloe mustard
What you need to do: mix all ingredients until just blended. Fold 2 (30 inch long) pieces of tinfoil lenghtwise in half twice crisscross pieces on work serface. Top with meat mixture, shape into 8 inch roung pattie. Use foil handles to gently lower meatloaf into slow cooker letting ends hang over top of edge of cooker. Cook on HIG 4 hours or LOW for 8. Makes a great meal for everyone...surprising results.

3
0 13

We just had this one tonight & we LOVE it!
1 package of chicken tenders
1 taco seasoning packet
1/4 cup Flour
1 can diced Tomatoes (whole can)

Combine the taco seasoning packet (reserving approx 1/2 tsp.) & flour into plastic bag & coat/shake the chicken tenders. Brown in skillet, then place on bottom of crock pot (I spray it with non stick cooking spray). Put the whole can of diced tomatoes on top of chicken then sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours. The chicken has SOO much flavor!! You can season with a little salt & pepper to taste as well. My 2 yr old & my picky eater husband love it. =0)

3
0 13

Stew

package of stew meak cut into chunks
1 can of sliced carrots
1 can of mushrooms
2 cans of whole potatos
1 jar of pearl onions
1 can of beef consume
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup of red wine
3 bay leaves

Brown stew meat, salt and pepper to taste. Add to crock pot, juices and all. Pour in soup and consume and mix together. Pour in cans of carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions(juice too) Add wine and bay leaves, Cook 4-6 hours and 2 hours before you eat, add potatos. Good with french bread or egg noodles. Enjoy!!

3
0 18

Lots of fresh veges would surely be much cheaper and healthier

0 2

Not impressed no Vegetarian dishes :-(

2
1 8

Post some! Would love to see your ideas for veggie dishes! :-) I bet a veggie stew or soup would be super easy in a crock pot.

1 0

Beef roast potatoes and carrots!!

2
0 20

I do a crockpot stew. Just made it last night, in fact. It's so easy. Put 2 lbs. of stew meat in the bottom of the crock pot. Cut up a couple potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle 1 bag of dry onion soup mix. Mix together in a bowl, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. Pour over other ingredients and do not stir. Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. If it's going to be longer, cook on low.

2
0 0

Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes...I buy the packaged corned beef with the spice packet included and place both in my crock pot (along with sliced up cabbage and potatoes) and cover completely with water. I start cooking it in the morning and let it cook all day on high. The flavor from the corned beef integrates with the cabbage and potatoes and everything comes out really tender and super yummy. I also highly recommend the plastic liners for crock pots since it makes the clean-up so easy.

2
14 0

Pork or Beef ternderloin.

Sear it on all sides and put it in the pot with potatos or baked beens for the day. Maybe add some other vegies later on. Mmmmmm.......I'm making myself hungry

2
27 7

Breakfast Oatmeal using Steel-Cut Oats:
Simply grease the bottom inch or two of the Crock-Pot (using a non-stick cooking oil is a lot easier and healthier than the butter recommended by some). Dump in ½ cup of McCann’s steel-cut Irish oatmeal, 2 cups water, some raisins or any other dried fruit, nuts or berries, and a pinch of salt. In the morning serve with sweetener, cinnamon, and milk, half and half, or soymilk. At the table add sliced almonds and/or a banana. There’s no better breakfast.

Forgotten Roast Beef
INGREDIENTS:
1 1½ lbs. (approx) roast beef
1 can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Condensed Soup
1 8-oz. package white mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
DIRECTIONS:
In the cooker insert of a 2-quart slow cooker, place the beef and season with the garlic powder and onion powder. Add the mushrooms, then pour the soup over all. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8.

Sticky Chicken
This recipe is not sticky, but it is yummy, it was the first slow-cooked food that was later requested by my 20yo DD when she was 4yo :). It's even better if you can plan ahead enough, a day for marinating.
Take any chicken (whole or parts) that will fit into your slow cooker, it can even be frozen if it's already been cleaned and anything that came inside the cavity of a whole chicken removed. Mix in a small bowl 4 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons paprika (smoked if you happen to have it), 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I actually don't use this at all), 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon white pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and a 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. After your chicken is clean and dried (with plain white paper towels), rub this all over, inside and out, and under the skin too. Let this "marinate" overnight in the fridge. Then in the morning, stick it in the crockpot and cook 8 hours on low. If you're using a whole chicken, stuff the cavity with a roughly-chopped onion before cooking.

Slow-cooked Lamb & Lentil Stew
For this recipe you will need a 3-quart slow cooker. This serves 3 to 4. It can easily be doubled for a larger cooker.
INGREDIENTS:
1½ lbs. stew meat (or lamb shoulder, cut into cubes)
1 14½-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
Half of the tomato can of water or low-sodium broth of your choice
½ cup dried lentils
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sumac (a Middle Eastern spice)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon coarse or Kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon saffron threads or ground saffron
Non-stick pan spray
DIRECTIONS:
Spray the inside of the slow-cooker insert. Place in this order into the insert, lamb, lentils, all seasoning and spices, and then tomatoes. Fill can halfway with water or broth of choice and add to slow-cooker. If necessary, stir to make sure all seasonings are covered by tomatoes or liquid.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or on low up to 8 hours).
NOTES: You can cook this in any combination of times that add up to the total, such as two hours on high and then four on low, or one hour on high and 6 on low; whatever meets your needs.
If desired, before serving, strain liquid into a saucepan. In a small cup or bowl, whisk a tablespoon of cornstarch into ¼ cup of cold water, then add to pot liquid in saucepan. Heat to a gentle boil, whisking to prevent lumps or sticking, until heated through and thickened, and serve alongside meat. Alternately, I sometimes refrigerate the pot liquid overnight to defat, then use the next day as a base for soup, adding a little barley and mushrooms.

Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken with Olives
Harissa is a hot chili paste common to North African cooking. It's added to mild-flavored soups and pasta dishes like this one. If you like very spicy food, use a hotter pepper, such chile de arbol, instead of guajillo.

And one more:

INGREDIENTS:
• CHICKEN:
• ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 can (14½ ounces) no-salt added stewed tomatoes
• 1 carrot, sliced
• 1 large onion
• 30 small black olives, pitted (about 1 cup)
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• HARISSA:
• ¾ cup dried hot red chile peppers, such as guajillo
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground caraway seed
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
DIRECTIONS:

1. To prepare the chicken: Coat the stoneware of a slow cooker pot with cooking spray. Combine the broth, flour, oil, cumin, pepper, and salt in the pot. Whisk until smooth. Add the tomatoes (with juice), carrot, onion, olives, and garlic. Stir to mix. Tuck the chicken into the pot, covering with the other ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.

2. To prepare the harissa: Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and discard. Soak the peppers in warm water for about 1 hour or until softened. Drain and transfer to a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender. Add the garlic, coriander, caraway seed, and salt. Process, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed, until a paste forms. Drizzle in the oil through the tube to reach a smooth consistency.

3. Stir in the cilantro (if using) just before serving. Pass the harissa at the table.

1
0 0

i avoid all crock recipes that include cream of anything soup -- they're too old fashioned. my favourites are: beef & black bean chilli: http://www.marthastewart.com/313267/slow-cooker-beef-and-black-bean-chili; sweet & spicy asian pork & bok choy: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/sweet-spicy-asian-pork-shoulder-00000000028082/index.html, and a super easy BBQ chicken recipe -- 4 small-ish chicken breasts, one diced onion, one bottle of BBQ sauce, cook on low for 8h, shred and serve!

1
0 13

Any kind of beef roast or pork roast, roasting chicken or ribs are time savers for me. I can't forget the other favorite - ham & beans. I can put any of these in the crock pot in the morning & have most of supper ready when I get home from our office. I can usually put the rest of supper together with almost no effort or time at all. Leaves me to enjoy the family while supper is finish cooking.

Susan H.
Limon, CO

1
0 5

My fab that my kids go nuts for!!
Pot Roast
2 cups of ketchup
1 pack of onion soup mix
1 tbsp of brown sugar
I put it in the crock pot first thing in the morning on high for 6 hours and by the time it's ready it just falls apart! Amazing a most try!!

1
0 9

BBQ pork sandwiches. I add a pork tenderloin or cheap pork chops boneless with 1/2 cup of water. Heat on Low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours until it can be shredded with a fork. Add your favorite BBQ sauce and heat another 30 minutes. Serve on buns with cole slaw! (you can add onions to the pork at the beginning as well.)

1
0 14

Yeah- I just tried a super easy pulled pork recipe. I bought McCormick's pulled pork season packet (for slow cookers) The recipe is on the back of the envelope, and it's really easy and tasty!

0 9

crock pot enchiladas. brown meat in pan, add enchilada spices package and tomato sauce and water. In a slow cooker layer meat sauce, corn tortillas, and cheese in repeating order. Cook 3 hours. SOOOO good. and less mess.

1
123 0

Cider Chicken: Brown 8 boneless/skinless thighs. 2 cups apple cider. 1 cup caramelized onion. 2 tbsp maple syrup. 2 pieces of crisp bacon, diced. Salt & pepper to taste. Also good with pork chops instead of chicken.

0
216 0

Beef stew is my favorite. I love the way the potatoes and carrots come out after sitting in the stew broth all night (or day)

0
50 45

"mush" dont know the real name to this dish but my family just started calling it mush

-put some boneless skinless chicken breasts [i typically put in 4-6] [you can use frozen or defrosted chicken]
-chop up some white potatoes into bite sized pieces layer them on top of the chicken
-get a box of stove top whole wheat chicken flavored stuffing and layer that on top of the potatoes
-get 2 cans of campbell's cream of chicken soups put that on top of the stuffing [if your at home all day while cooking this i like to put in 1 can at the beginning, and half way through cooking i'll stir it up and add the 2nd can but it can all go in at the same time for the working mom]
-let cook for 4-6 hours [6 if chicken was frozen when you started]
-stir once done to break up/shred the chicken and scoop it into a bowl.

it'll smell just like thanksgiving in your house, just let it cool in your bowls before digging in those potatoes are quite hot when you bite into them [my entire family can vouch for biting into the steaming hot potatoes and burning their mouth's]

0
0 0

put your water in and a pork roast . then pour a bag of shredded kraut over the top and your lid on the crock pot and let it cook all day taste delicious..

0
9 9

Hungarian Goulash!
I have a 6 qt cooker, so this recipe is sized for that.

3.8 pounds pork shoulder "picnic cut" (it's got bone in it)* (Cut into bite-ish sized chunks)
1 brown/yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar (or a few cloves of garlic, pressed/minced/whatever)
2 14.5 oz cans Diced tomato (with onion and green pepper) (Drained)
3 bay leaves
Some kosher salt
Some fresh-ground black pepper
A generous amount of sweet Paprika
Slightly less generous with the Hot Paprika

Cook on Low for about 7 hours, then add:
1 cup 5-minute rice

and about 15 minutes before serving, add:
1 pint sour cream

It freezes REALLY well - I'll make this, portion it out into single-servings, in ziploc sandwich bags, and freeze them flat.

0
9 9

Honestly, any meat will do, around 4 pounds of it. My husband absolutely LOVES this when I make it with turkey, but he cheerfully devours it with beef, pork or chicken. If I use beef, I add about a quarter to a half cup of red wine (or apple cider vinegar, if I know it'll be served to a friend who's allergic to grapes, and thus, to wine), to help make the beef SUPER tender.

14 16

I love making soup. I just drop all my veggies and beans with lots of beef broth and that is all she wrote. Oatmeal is yummy in it too, but that's in the winter.

0
0 6

Pot roast, stew, chili.

0
4 3

Delicious Lamb shanks
1 lamb shank per adult
1 can of tomato puree
1 can of tomatoes
minted frozen peas
grated carrot
1 cup water cooked on low for 6-8 hrs till meat falls off the bone
thicken gravy with cornflour and water and serve hot over mashed potato.

0
0 3

Brown a pork tenderloin and place in a crockpot with an envelope of onion soup mix and a can of whole cranberry sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.Serve over noodles with your favorite vegatable.

0
4 0

Chili. Soak the dried pintos over night. In the morning poor off water, add fresh water, add chopped onion, green pepper, garlic cloves, tomato, tomato paste and water, with pepper, chili spice, cayenne pepper, and basil. Can add a little ground beef, or maybe chicken breast, or some peppers for vegetarian. Easy meal. Husband loves it.

0
0 0

My kids n husband love Chicken Hainan Rice that i learned from my mom..

Its super easy to make with slow cooker, i put all together all the ingredients:
-100gr unsalted butter
- 15gr minced garlic
- ginger
- 4 cups of rice (rinse well)
- 1/2 chicken (cut in pieces)
- salt
- chicken powder stock (optional)
- 6 cups of water

Wallllaaaaah....just click down the switch...in 20 minutes my feast is ready..:)
Hope moms can try our asian recipe..:)

0
0 0

Ups i forgot my name too, Erlisa Tri Wong from Jakarta - Indonesia.