What is your favorite quick breakfast recipe?

0 0

I have a few quick breakfast recipes/tips that I love...

1) French Canadian Crepes - similar to pancakes, but crispy "lacey" edges! Ready in minutes!
Recipe - http://snappygourmet.com/2011/08/04/french-canadian-breakfast-crepes/

2) Mexican Sausage Cornbread Strata - Stratas are a great way to use up any meats, cheeses, veggies, bread, etc. you have around! They do take awhile to bake, but prep time is quick and easy and can be done the night before so you just have to put the dish in the oven in the morning. Stratas generally reheat well, so great to eat for a few days too.
Recipe - http://snappygourmet.com/2011/07/12/mexican-sausage-cornbread-strata/

3) Tip- I love making my favorite pancakes, waffles, and french toast in big batches then place on a single layer on a lined baking sheet (line with parchment paper, silpats, etc so they don't stick to the pan). Place the pan(s) in the freezer, then once the food is frozen, you can put the food in sealable bags and place in the freezer. By freezing everything in a single layer nothing will stick together when you combine it in the bag. Then you can take out what you need in the future and reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.

1
0 0

I love breakfast and have tons of great breakfast and brunch recipes, but for a QUICK breakfast, I go to my 3-minute Breakfast Hash. Weekday mornings are so rushed but I can see a difference in my girls afternoon energy levels if I don't send them off with a good breakfast. They're so used to this easy breakfast that they now make it themselves! I keep a container of hash browns in the fridge so they can just scoop some out!

0
0 50

That was supposed to have the link to the recipe - sorry! http://www.thewickednoodle.com/3minute-breakfast-hash/

0 0

My family's favorite quick breakfast recipe is oatmeal. To keep the sugar content and food allergens within my control, we use the whole oats (not the cute little flavored packets). Your family will be able to start the day with a hot, nutritious meal and each day can be different with the below variations:
-Add 1 tablespoon of honey, some fruit, and a dash of cinnamon
-Add 1/2 a banana and 1 Tablespoon of Sunbutter
-Add a dash of brown sugar and cinnamon and a teaspoon of maple syrup
-Add 1 tablespoon of your favorite jelly

If I have a little more time, my family is just crazy over my peanut, nut, and gluten-free quiche. Check out the related blog post for the entire recipe.

0
0 0

Yogurt parfaits! I usually have yogurt on hand, and any flavor will do. You just put yogurt into a cup 1/2 way. Then add some dried fruit or fresh fruit, some of our favorites are berries or dried cranberries. Top with more yogurt. To finish it off, add a crunchy topping. We have nut allergies in our house. So, we add grapenuts or nut-free granola cereal.

0
0 0

A grilled cheese sandwich with a fried egg inside.
My husband and I constantly debate the best way to enjoy a friend egg sandwich, and this is my winner.

0
0 0

Absolutely oatmeal! It's super simple and we add whatever toppings we are hungry for. Steel cut is our favorite at a 15 minute cooking time. A touch of maple syrup, a bit of dairy/soy-free margarine and maybe some brown sugar makes pancake oatmeal :-)

0
3 58

My kids love chocolate chip banana muffins, so I make them in large batches, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze in large ziploc bags. They can just grab one out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and breakfast is done. Best of all, it's a healthy recipe! Serve with a glass of milk and fresh fruit and it's a great way to start the day. :)
http://www.ameessavorydish.blogspot.com/2011/04/chocolate-chip-banana-muffins.html

0
0 0

Sadly, breakfast is the hardest with food allergies, I've found. We were vegetarian before the allergies, now we are vegan. For myself I just eat dinner leftovers like roasted veggies and quinoa (I am not a fan of sweet breakfasts) but the kids have allergen free pancakes or muffins or rice cereal with coconut milk yogurt and fruit.

0
11 0

This is a funny question for me, because during the work week, breakfast at my house is all about just getting something in your tummy before the three of us head out to school (I'm a teacher.) The kids are half-awake and their appetites haven't woken up yet, so we don't need recipes for breakfast at all. Right now, it's winter so we're busy eating oatmeal with whatever topping we have handy--bananas, apples, strawberries--or just plain with a bit of sugar, maybe cinnamon.

0
10 0

My family loves the Wildberry Buckwheat Waffles by Nature's Path. We discovered them when, in addition to being allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts and sesame seeds, my older son was also allergic to wheat. They are so good that even though most of our family isn't on a restricted diet and my older son can now eat wheat, we STILL prefer them over regular waffles.

Best part, you pop them in the toaster and their done in about a minute. Yum!

http://shmallergy.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/wheat-and-gluten-free-breakfast-option/

0
11 22

I found these silicon microwave-able 'dishes' at my grocery store called Poach Pods. I crack an egg in and zap for a minute to replicate a hard boiled egg. I give the yolk to the child who likes yolks, and the white to the one that likes the whites. Instant protein. They often ask for seconds and I didn't have to sit there waiting 20 minutes for traditionally boiled eggs.

0
0 0

Hands down, our family's favorite lightening speed recipe is a smoothie!! I love it because it is lots of fruits, greens and superfoods, too. Now, everyone loves a different fruit to greens ratio in the house and differenet combos, but we also find plenty that we all can't get enough of.

This morning we had frozen pinapple, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, 1 banana, 2 handfuls of spinich a little dried coconut water and a dribble of raw honey. Just add enough water to the desired consistancy and instant nutritious, filling, portable and tasty breakfast.

Enjoy!!

P.S. kids come up with great combinations!!

0
3 0

My favorite quick breakfast for myself is oatmeal mixed with a large spoonful of crunchy almond butter, a dash of sea salt and fresh strawberries.

For my children- a Buckwheat waffle with almond butter and some cut up apples and grapes.

0
0 0

Hands down, this yogurt and granola parfait my favorite quick breakfast meal. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is packed with fiber and protein. Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries (defrosted until juice are running out), granola and a little agave syrup.

0
0 0

My family's favorite is the Coffee Cup Egg Scramble. It's quick, easy and fun to eat.

You can see more breakfast ideas on my blog at http://www.thismamacooks.com/breakfast.

0
6 1

Savory Breakfast Bites
You take refrigerated crescent dough, place scrabbled eggs, cheese and your favorite breakfast meat (bacon, sausage, ham) on the dough, roll up, bake at 375 for about 13 minutes... and BOOM.... a warm flaky breakfast bite is ready to eat.
You can see step-by-step photos & instructions on my Family Fresh Meals blog:
http://familyfreshmeals.blogspot.com/2011/11/savory-breakfast-bites-taste-of-home.html

0
4 0

We do breakfast pizzas. I use either chopped sausage or deli ham, sprinkle over the top of a brown rice tortillas, crack1 or 2 eggs over the top, sprinkle a favorite cheese. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes, depending on if you like hard or soft yolks. Of course I put hot sauce on mine! At 380 calories, it is a good meal to stick with you for the morning.
I also make big batches of pancakes or waffles, and freeze the leftovers for toaster waffles on busy mornings
Smoothies are also very quick and a great way to get loads of fruits and veggies into my little ones!

0
0 0

Grain-free, nut-free homemade cranberry-pumpkin seed granola with coconut milk. I usually make a batch of this recipe over the weekend in order to have quick breakfast options during the week: http://shanonhilton.blogspot.com/2011/11/recipe-cranberry-pumpkin-seed-granola.html.

0
0 0

The SQ1 Supergreen Smoothie Machine is sooo good AND good for you!

1 (2 oz.) Square One Organic Spinach cup, frozen

1 cup frozen organic blueberries or cherries or apples

1 cup Vanilla Rice Dream rice milk

½ cup Rice Dream organic vanilla non-dairy frozen dessert

1 tablespoon organic Agave nectar or 2 pitted organic dates (optional)

Run frozen spinach cup briefly under warm water to loosen.

Remove foil and pop spinach into blender container.

Add remaining ingredients.

Blend until smooth.

Yield: 1 ¾ cups

0
0 0

Pancakes are always quick and easy ~ Want something different? if your kids love popcorn or corn muffins, they will love these Corn Muffin Pancakes. You can adjust the level of sweetness of the pancake depending on the toppings you choose. Try mixing in bacon bits for an added layer of flavor. These pancakes are light, fluffy, and will be gobbled up by anyone in your family!

0
4 26

recipe link: http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2012/01/corn-muffin-pancakes.html

0 0

I'm a huge fan of any quick recipe. I love breakfast burritos which is simply a warm corn tortilla filled with eggs, cheese, and bacon (can even be that microwaved kind). I also think that pancakes are a pretty quick breakfast. Especially if you make them and freeze them. Pancakes freeze suprisingly well. Then on weekdays they can be popped into the microwave for a quick breakfast.

0