What is your favorite quick breakfast recipe?

0 0

My kids adore scrambled eggs, but I find it's not often "enough". So in order to jazz them up and bulk them up, I add random veggies from in the fridge. Generally it winds up being those left over veggies that you didn't fully use in last nights dinner! Anything goes- we add cheese, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, onions,spinach and even tomatoes. When they are done, if the kids want, they can have them in wraps,or on their own with whole wheat toast. If the veggies are pre-cut, this breakfast can be done in 10 minutes flat!

1
0 0

We love to make a bunch of pancakes on the weekend and then freeze the leftovers. The leftover pancakes make for a quick and festive breakfast on those mornings that time is limited.

0
0 0

http://queenmjhart.blogspot.com/2012/01/mamas-banana-cakes.html
Enjoy my healthy take on banana cake for breakfast. On a recent trip to the Perhentian Islands in the South China Sea, I would walk to an outdoor restaurant every morning and order banana cake for breakfast. I've made a delicious banana muffin recipe to duplicate the tropical dreamy experience of eating banana cake for breakfast--yum!

0
2 0

It's fun for the family to make their own mini breakfast burritos using corn & whole grain tortillas. Spread mashed up avocado on them and add chopped up tomatoes, grated cheese, scrambled egg, chopped up bacon or ham. Its an interactive meal idea that can be tailored for lunch and dinner too!

0
1 0

We eat a gluten-free diet so we I have to be a little more creative in the kitchen. I can make this breakfast, a gf egg and cheese quesadilla, in about 6 minutes.

Place a brown rice tortilla in a toaster oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Set to toast and keep a close eye on it. It's done when the tortilla turns golden brown and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from toaster oven immediately and place on a plate.

While the tortilla is toasting, scramble the eggs. Heat a small non-stick skillet with 1 teaspoon of butter to just below medium. Crack 2-3 eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk. When the butter is bubbly, add eggs to pan and wait 20 seconds. Start moving the eggs around the pan with a rubber or silicone spatula. Eggs should be done in about 1 minute. You can leave eggs slightly wet; move pan off of heat and wait another 20 seconds. The eggs will continue to cook.

Add cooked eggs to one half of the tortilla. Fold over and cut in half. Serves 2 children or one hungry adult.

0
6 35

Boil 2 cups of water (there abouts) and add it to a pot with 1 cup of steel cut oats. Cook for 10min on med heat, add blueberries at the end. Pour into bowls, dizzle with maple syrup, or sprinkle with brown sugar. Steel cut oats (unless there the quick oats) can take over 20 mins to prepare, I find adding boiling water cuts the time in half!!!! Divine.

0
2 0

My four year old and I love a good breakfast smoothie!

Here’s my recipe (enough for one grown-up serving and one four year old size serving):

1 cup of plain unsweetened soy milk (you can substitute regular low-fat milk, almond, or coconut)
1 cup of frozen mixed berries (or any other frozen fruit you like)
3/4-1 banana (to thicken and sweeten)
1 tbsp flax seed (for fiber and antioxidents)
1 tbsp peanut butter (for protein)
1 tbsp honey (to sweeten)

Just throw them all in a blender together and blend! That’s it! Super easy, healthy, and delicious!

0
3 0

Nonfat Greek yogurt with a cut-up banana and some gluten-free granola. Takes virtually no time to make :)

0
0 0

Quick & Easy fluffy Omelettes...

A batch of this would normally serve two adults and a toddler
6 eggs - with 4 whites reserved
If you want to add some meat just pop in whatever you have on hand, chopped into small pieces (shredded cooked chicken/chorizo/ham/bacon etc.)
A handful of baby spinach - chopped finely.
Any fresh herbs you might have on hand - I find parsley and basil to be best
Half a tomato, chopped finely.
A dash of light cream - probably a couple of tablespoons.
A handful of grated cheese with another big handful reserved for sprinkling on once cooking.
Salt and pepper to season.

Heat a small skillet or frypan (non stick is easiest)
Beat the eggs well, then add all the ingredients except for the reserved ones.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
Carefully fold in the egg whites.
Pop a little butter in your pan and melt, then pour enough mix for one omelette and sprinkle with a little of the reserved cheese.
Once the bottom sets, fold the omelette over onto itself so you have a half circle shape.
Cook for another minute or until it's set to the consistency you like. Repeat for the other two Omelettes!

This makes the loveliest, fluffy Omelettes!

0
0 0

Our go-to breakfast is a big ol' pre-made batch of "muesli +." Once you buy all the ingredients, preparation is a snap. Mix together steel-cut oats (or multi-grain flakes) with nuts (toasted walnuts/hazelnuts/almonds) and dried fruit (rolled dates, cranberries, and currants/raisins). We also like to include hemp seeds, ground flax seed, and sunflower seeds.

Just add milk and/or yogurt. With all that dried fruit, no sweetener is required, but honey is always an option. Keep the batch in a tight container or in jars.

This delicious breakfast keeps us big and little folks going all morning.

0
0 0

I often make large batches of healthy, whole grain muffins or pancakes and freeze them so they can be pulled out when needed. A minute or two in the microwave is all it takes to have them ready to go. I also often make healthy rice pudding which can last us quite a few days.

My kids also love breakfast parfaits: I layer yogurt, fresh fruit (usually berries) and some sort of whole grain cereal. For the kids, the presentation is as exciting for them as the yummy taste!

0
0 0

I love Nature's Path Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal Cereal, quick breakfast.

0
0 0

Lately I am on a green smoothie kick. I use:

Vanilla Coconut Almond Milk (found at Kroger)
Spinach Leaves
Organic Vanilla Yogurt
Frozen tropical smoothie blend fruit
Protein powder

I've also added about 2 TB of Nutella before and it is delish!

0
0 0

Cream top vanilla yogurt, topped with maple pecan granola and if the blueberries are fresh... add that as well. Mmmmm... delish Darling and put together in seconds.

0
0 0

That sounds awesome!