What is your favorite quick and easy recipe?

When you don't have a lot of time to cook, what is your go to recipe for a family meal?

0 6

spaghetti

4
1 13

Definitely Tuna Burgers! Reciped can be easily scaled up or down depending on number of people, and EVERYONE loves this open-faced sandwich - from picky 2 year old to starving dad. Serve with some fresh fruit and you are good to go!

Recipe:
1 large can or pouch Tuna - drained
1/2 med/large Onion - diced
3 stalks Celery - diced
~ 1 cup Cheese - cubed (I like cheddar or Colby. Non-dairy cheese works too!)
1/2-3/4 cup Mayo (I actually prefer Miracle Whip)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix together ingredients, spread generous amount on
Buns or Bread (anything works but my favorite is Hamburger buns)

Arrange on cookie sheet
Bake at 400F until cheese melts and browns slightly ~10-15 minutes

4
0 0

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake!

What you need: 1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing for chicken
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1in. Pieces
1 pkg. Frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz. Velveeta cheese cut into 1\2 in. Cubes

Recipe: preheat oven to 400°. Prepare stuffing as directed on pkg.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a 13×9 in. baking dish.
Top with stuffing
Bake 30 min. Or until chicken is cooked through.

3
0 8

Another great twist on this is buffalo chicken casserole. Sub quick rice for stuffing, celery and onion for broccoli, and 1 cup each wing sauce and either blue cheese or ranch dressing for canned soup. YUMM!

22 12

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Soup du Jour
- Super quick and easy since we always have bread, cheese and canned soup on hand.
Tuna Mac with Veggies
-Cook the macaroni then add canned tuna or chicken, fresh-frozen mixed veggies, heat a couple more minutes then add the cheese sauce. Never met a kid who didn't love it.
Fideo Pollo con Calabaza (Chicken vermicelli with squash)
-Brown the vermicelli in a little oil, add pre-cooked or canned chicken and yellow, calabaza and zucchini squash, some garlic, cumin and paprika and just enough water to cover the noodles. (you can add more or less water depending on how soupy you want it) Cook on low for 10 minutes. Super yummy!

3
0 8

Garden Pasta -

I chop up all veggies in fridge that need to be used and sauté in a bit of evoo. Add one jar pasta sauce and 1 box of whatever staple pasta I have in cupboard. Sprinkle a cheese on top before serving with side salad and/or garlic bread. Voila ! Dinner in 20 mins or less.

2
0 8

Cook the pasta to pkg directions while veggies are softening. Even quicker if u have leftover per cooked veggies. You can also add any leftover meat that might be lounging around frige. My Favorites are crumbled leftover meatloaf, pepperoni or chicken.

70 7

my go to meal ia usually creamy chicken broccoli and rice casserole. super easy and super quick. you can also adapt this recipe for when you have more time and make it more culinary. but the basic quick version is:
chicken (rotisserie, left over grilled, or you can use raw just cur in to cubes and sautee until cooked through about 10 min.)
add chicken to pan either shredded or cubed
sautee with salt pepper garlic powder
add 1 can of cream of something soup ( i like cream of mushroom, but use whatever i have!)
Add either I bagg of frozen broccoli (thaw in microwave while chicken is going on) or fresh
1 can of water
And I bag of instant rice (open a boil in bag)
Bring to boil
Cover simmer, it will thicken
About 10 min. Top with cheese. Enjoy!

Super easy supper. My 1 and 2 year old love it and so does hubby.

2
75 0

Tacos Tonight:

veggie ground beef, or ground beef, or cooked taliapia, or left over pork, or shrimp
tortillas
lettuce, avacado, refreid beans, shredded cheese, mild peppers, tomatoes, black olives sliced, left over rice, sour cream, shredded carrot, taco sauce, salsa (any or all of the above)
brown or heat or cook the meat, cook the tortillas, everyone makes thier own YuM!

2
1 12

Broccoli and Macaroni: Mix any cooked pasta (whole wheat is nice and healthy) with steamed broccoli (fresh or frozen) and olive oil. Add salt to taste and top with Parmesean cheese. Serve with carrot sticks or a side salad.

1
0 0

Pasta with butter sautéed garlic and Parmesan cheese mm good!!!!

0
3 22

I love my food processor... here is a great pasta idea for vegetarians, and kids who do not like salads...

Cook pasta as per usual...
Then put into your food processor... fresh green spinach (as much as you like); a handful of basil, a handful of chives (optional); a handful of pine nuts (or cashews); 1/2 a cup of EVOO; salt, pepper to taste... whoosh it...
mix the whooshed green goo into the cooked pasta... and serve... with grilled chicken; or by itself...
My kids who are the pickiest little buggers in the world go crazy for it... including the big one...
Lowers blood glucose level (tried and tested)....
Enjoy

0
12 0

ground beaf ,cooked with onion tomatoes add a can of tomato sauce and a can of corn !!!!!! yummy

0
7 17

Just about anything I can cook in crock-pot so it goes on in the morning and it's ready when we get home. Being that we are a very busy family the crock-pot is my best friend

0