What is your relationship with your siblings-in-law like?

Are you close with your partner's brothers or sisters?

0 0

Not nearly as close as I am with my siblings. My sisters in-law have a tendency to really get my hackles up and to treat me in a second class way.

3
0 17

I can say that I have been blessed. My former husbands sister & I are very close; we lived together for years @ one time & even raised our children together. His family still shows me the same love now as they did when he&i were married. God is truly awesome. He &i also have a good relationship so it is possible.

2
0 0

While I would love a close relationship with my siblings-in-law, I do not. My husband's oldest brother is very private and his spouse is a very self absorbed and selfish woman. My husband's older sister is much like my mother-in-law; shallow, rude, and selfish. And the youngest brother? Well, I probably get a long the most with him, but he is more than 10 years younger than me, so how close can we be? I think the only real and open person is my husband!

2
4 0

I have 2 brother in laws. I have a pretty close relationship with one of my brother in laws as we used to live with him. I seriously would consider him like my brother and we have grown close. He is also closest to my husband, they truly are best friends. My other brother in law I am not so close with. While I have never had any personal quarrels with him and he treats me just fine I just don't agree with some of the decisions he continue to makes/ has made. My husband feels the same. He loves him because that's his brother but there is a lot of things they completely disagree on. My husband and I as well as his other brother have offered him help many times but nothing really has changed. I think we would be closer as a family if he got his act together and was honest with us and his self.

1
7 87

I am pretty close to all of my late husband's family. We were married for almost 21 yrs before he passed so his family still thinks of me as family.

1
11 18

My sister in law is ok, she's very intelligent and motivated. She's a housewife now and travels with her husbands job, across the globe. The only thing is that she's always right. When she arrives we all begin to do what she wants to do and how she wants to do it. If I say anything I'm in the wrong and my husband will tell me so. Now, I just avoid her. My husbands brother is married to a real crazy person. She once cut my inlaws bodies out of all of her pictures then mailed them to my mother in law. We don't see much of them anymore. My Mother and father in law have been like parents to me and the father in law was a fantastic grandpa to my daughter. all the other grandkids live far away so they had a great relationship. He passed last year and is greatly missed.

1
101 1

My husband is an only child. I have siblings but my husband is not close with them. He only speaks to or sees them when I do.

1
2 13

My ex-husband's brother and wife are still my best friends. His sister-in-law was my bridesmaid, and she pushed me to leave my husband when he was verbally abusive to me. We remain friends now, 5 years after my divorce!

1
1 14

I am really close with my husbands- brother, as I have only sisters. I never had a brother growing up. But we've come into some complications. We hangout at the bar and grab drinks here and there. All of a sudden he made a comment, "we have to stop this because people are assuming wee sleeping together". I told him that was dumb and why would people assume that but he said "all my friends swear that's what's occurring. They say who hangs out with their brothers wife without him"
Does anyone else thing there is nothing wrong with hanging out with their brother in law alone?

0
26 0

I get on quite well with my brothers-in-law (my husband's brothers) but not very well with one of their wives (my husband's sister-in-law) She was the only daughter-in-law for 15 years until I married my husband and I think that she feels insecure. She saw herself as the matriarch of the family and now I am on the scene. My husband is the eldest brother at almost 49 years old. She's the one that is in constant contact with my husband's ex partners. I have another sister-in-law (my brother's wife) and love her to bits!! I have great time for my mother-in-law. We sort of had a previous connection as her aunt was married to my grandfather's brother years back. She hates my husband's ex-partners and when one (2nd one) visited four years ago, my mother-in-law wouldn't meet her, let alone have her in her house, even though she is the mother of her grandson. The 2nd ex-partner lives in Norway with her new husband and my almost 13 year old stepson. She tolerates the first one when she happens to meet her but that's it.

0
1 0

I have 2 sisters-in-law. One of them is quite lovely to me and has accepted me as the second-wife so to speak. Although she didn't meet me for 2.5 years that we were together. The other sister is so nasty and mean it is ridiculous. She attacked me once, it was insane - verbally i mean - my partner just kind of stood there and then later said she was probably just drunk and she is just argumentative. My partner refused to see why I was upset - then I didn't see her for another year and then again she attacked me. Once again he did nothing, in face he has taken her words and is now using them against me. I feel very trapped.

0
1

My husband's brother is really nice, however is very oblivious and doesn't know what takes priority in life. His wife is selfish, self absorbed, and puts her family (such has her nieces and mother, father and brother) over his (and my inlaws) all of the time. She always gives me unsolicited advice about how to take care of my children when she has no kids of her own, and my husbands brother just lets her say it. Or she speaks rudely about their family and her husband just lets her. It gets on my nerves. My daughter is his real and only niece, and he is a godfather, but never once has he stepped up to the plate to be THAT UNCLE. When we say we see them probably 3x a year and they live about 15 min away, I am serious. He'd rather spend time and money on his friends and everyone else but not even spend time with his own family or his brother (my husband). He's not a very good brother or supporter. But I don't mind, he's not my brother. My husband knows how I feel about them, and he agrees.

0
381 0

Do you need a loan ??
Are you looking for financial assistance, are you in desperate need of funds?
Hammer Financial company is here to provide you the loan amount requested as long as you will be able to repay the loan.
We give loans at a standard rate of 3.7% Contact us today through am_credit@outlook.com
We offer various types of loans include: Business Loans, Personal Loans, Home loans, car loans, student loans, debt consolidation loans, unsecured loans, venture capital
Are you been refused loan by a bank or financial institution for any reasons??. If Interested? Contact us today through am_credit@outlook.com and get a legit and easy loan today

0
4 0

My husband's sister is 28 years old, lives with parents, and has still never really had to take care of herself. My mother-in-law still cooks for her, and plays dolly-dress-up with her, every time they go to a party. Maybe I'm jealous, I'm the oldest of four, I raised my younger siblings, and had 2 parents who were too busy to raise kids, so I grew up too fast, and have been taking care of myself, and everyone else since I was.. 8? Aside from this, imagine my irritation when she comes to visit us and gives me her unsolicited advice on raising my 1.5 year old. Imagine my greater irritation when my husband just sits there and listens, as if we need advice from her. The last time she came over, once the advice came out, I sat down at the kitchen table, and started texting and laughing and smiling at my phone to everyone I knew, to actively show her I was not interested in listening. I don't mind it when the advice comes from her mother, she raised four kids, but from a single girl who doesn't dress herself?? come on! :)

0
1 0

I have bad relationship with my sisters in law. She has a narrow thinking of view. She always look at the thing from her own side. Sh is only the right one, and others should be blamed for everthing got wrong, even her husban. She's never apreciated her husband, and all her sisters in law. She is very easy to anger.

0
6 8

I married the most "normal" of a bat shit crazy family. So, it's a little odd to deal with my husband's two brothers and one brother's wife (the other brother's wife left) but the funny thing is as much as I think they're nuts they all love me. Each one of them would list me among their best friends. I can't say these are people I would have chosen to be friends with but I spend a lot of time talking to all of them because they have no other people really and they are my husband's family. He is actually less close to them then I am. I felt like, marry the man, marry the family.

0
0 22

nope....they are selfish arrogant problematic people who wants 2 chose who their bro should date......

0
0 0

0
3 5

They are both still in school. His little brother is 11, and his younger sister is 15, almost 16. We get along okay, but I am the only girl he's ever brought home. We are all unsure on how to act. They have been very accepting, thus far.

0
0 0

absolutely!!! my husbands brother and his wife have welcomed me to the family from day one! they have been there and supported me so much, my husbands other brother is also a great guy! I am so very blessed!

0
0 0

My husband and I are now divorced but his sister and I are very close. We are closer than my actual sister and I are. Sadly my ex inlaws and the rest of the family rarely speak to me and do not include me in any functions despite the fact the ex and I are on good terms and have two young daughters.

0
1 0

I was great friends with the entire family until he moved from Buffalo to FLA to live with me (my business and three beautiful daughters) and now sees his family without me. It is a serious problem for me after being together 12 years. I hate it because they win every time. I am pro-family and just don't get it.

0
22 28

I have a good relationship with my Husbands sister and brother. I have an great one with his brother's wife, also. His sisters husband we don't know all the well. But they have been married for 2 years now and my husband and I live about 8 hours away from the rest of his family. I have learned that showing respect, ofr the most part gets you respect. Even if it takes a little time. My husband is the youngest in his family so it took a couple of years for his sister and I to have the relationship we have. But now we wish all of us could get together more.

0
9 0

My sister-in-law? Absolutely! She's one of my best friends and has been for the past 36 years. My brother-in-laws? Absolutely no. The one that is a few months older than me, has issues with being needy. He has gotten to the point where he will have to call the ambulance and go to the hospital to get sympathy. The rest of the family ignore his attempts as sympathy anymore. Been going on for way too long. The younger brother-in-law, his situation is a bit difficult to explain, but the farther away and NO phone calls keeps me from strangling him.

0
46 9

My husband and I split up 8 years ago and I still have a great relationship with my ex-in-laws. Though they don't have as much contact, he's also still friendly with my sister.

0
4 0

I am very close with my husband's siblings...with the exception of one who continuously makes disparaging remarks about my husband and I. Went to a family reunion and she started a little dust up and I told her off...my husband took her side until everyone said that she started the argument and that I was in the right for saying what I said. Just don't understand why my husband would not take my side until it was blessed by the rest of his family that was present.

0
0 0

I can totally relate.. Don't take my side because I am your wife or her side because she's your sister find out the facts first and take it from there..

0 0

Been with my husband for 16 years he has three sisters the one closest to him and I never spoke for the first 8 years it wasn't until I gave birth to our son did we start to gain some type of repore... The oldest sister has always been there for me and the youngest sister and I go back and forth.. The brother and I have always been close but at times I feel unwelcomed and act accordingly.. I always say if we ever separate and I get with someone else I hope he doesn't have sisters

0
0 0

I believe I jinxed myself in a matter of a little over a week..

0 20

Although no longer with my husband his brother is my closest, most trusted friend! Most of his siblings still consider my family as does my mother-in-law and all the nieces & nephews and great nieces & nephews!
Often it crosses my mind that maybe I married the wrong brother!!

0
548 38

My ex husband was the eldest of 7. Younger brother got on OK, other brother - was getting on better with him when I split with my ex.. As for the four sisters - one rarely saw, two I didn't really get on with, fourth was made to feel welcome. In 2010, got back in contact with ex's family over Facebook and had most of them as friends on FB. Now left with the one sister that I got on, who said that she still considers me as family, even though I've been separated from her brother for almost 8 years. Also the older brother's first and second wives (he's still married to the second wife), ex FIL and some of the nieces/nephews. Also the sister I got on with, her ex husband.

0
548 38

My ex and his family have barely acknowledged my girls in nearly 8 years now. In the last two years I've got back into contact with some of his family, over fb, but they rarely ask after my girls. In the last 2 and bit years that there's been contact, I would say that as a family they've asked less than 15 times about my girls, and that's between several of them. I'm in contact with the elder of my ex two brothers in law. From what I understand my ex FIL and MIL have contact with their granddaughter from that relationship, but are still unwilling at this time to reestablish any contact with my girls. I have accepted that there is now no or little chance of my girls having any contact with their paternal grandparents. Also as grandparents they're chances of establishing any kind of bond now are low to non-existant. As grandparents they've already missed out a lot of stuff that my girls have done, they only know my girls by their names (that's if they actually can remember). At the end of the day, my girls know who's important in their lives and on their Dad's side, they're 3 of about 20 grandchildren. So in my ex in laws, they can afford to 'forget' about some of their grandchildren.

4 0

One of my Sister-in-laws is my best friend. We are very close and are often together. My other Sister-in-law is more of a friend. I don't set aside time to hang out with her but do enjoy our family get together's with her.

0