What are your thoughts on vaccinations?

Vaccinations can be an incredibly complicated issue to consider. You want to make sure your children are protected against dangerous diseases, but you've also heard that vaccinations can lead to other health complications. What do you do, moms?

1 0

I have grown up and spent my life in several developing countries (I'm a civil engineer).

In the areas I am aware of, vaccination programs always FOLLOWED sanitation programs just so the statistics of improved health were linked to vaccine success. The health of the people in these communities was already getting better after access to CLEAN WATER. Please, before you blindly looking at rosy statistics, look who is compiling them. Try to get hold of statistics that show a more detailed timeline showing exactly when sanitation is improved in that community and how health improved after that.

Vaccination trials should NOT be carried out /funded by pharmaceutical companies but by an independent body. If your statistics are funded by pharmaceutical companies (or by friendly partners) they should not even be considered. I have friends who are doctors and work for WHO who know very well that countries which have obligatory vaccination (e.g. yellow fever in Rwanda) is for no other reason than MONEY. My WHO doctor friends tell me there is no yellow fever in Rwanda (of course, if you check up on official information it will now say there is).

If researching isn't your thing, at least check out the ingredients of a vaccine. Of course they are dangerous. My health was damaged by a yellow fever vaccination - I would have preferred to pay a "contribution" of 100,000 USD to the Institut Pasteur rather than 100 USD for the vaccine and ruined health. It's a multi-billion dollar business and too good to stop.

The following is is just what I have seen so it is not proof or anything but highly convincing: over the years I have noticed how unvaccinated kids differ from their vaccinated friends (comparing kids from the same living conditions) as they hardly affected with colds, flu etc. (they might sit down for an hour or two with a fever and then the it's more or less over) when their vaccinated friends sometimes take days to recover and often are in bed.

My children have been in contact with many deprived children whose health suffers from poor sanitation and nutrition. The difference is that my children live in good conditions so if they have the same disease, they are not going to be at risk in the same way. I am not going to pay to have their immune systems compromised by injecting dangerous ingredients into their blood stream.

Further, every time we use these things, we are going to create a more and more dangerous disease. Even taking malaria tablets when you go on holiday. People who use malaria prophylaxis are continuing to make malaria parasites even more dangerous. Poor people cannot afford these drugs and are dying (when before they were immune to it ) because we have made the strains of malaria so deadly. I just had to slip this in here because so many people just don't stop to think about it and their actions are costing the lives of others.

13
2 0

thanks this is really helpful. people can be so blind

0 0

I have 3 boys completely unvaccinated. they are super healthy. I do not keep them anway form anything. Most outbreaks are started by the vaccinated population

13
2 8

My daughter is unvaccinated as well and she is vey healthy I thought I was the only one, glad to know I am not

0 23

If you are sitting on the fence about getting a vaccination, like I was. I did lots and lots of research and talked to many people including many professionals in the medical field. What I was able to find out made my decision very easy. I also took into consideration where we live and our life style. Our family does not travel out of North America, especially to third world countries plus we are all very healthy and live in a place that provides awesome health care if any one is to get sick. I have 4 boys and none of them have been vaccinated and are extremely healthy and thriving.
Your decision is an important one and needs to be researched. I wish you the best in you journey.

11
1 0

I would only suggest that your children are very suitable to visit any area because their immune system has not been compromised.

7 0

I mostly would like to respond to the lady who posted the first IGNORANT answer! You type of parents are the true ignorant ones! Stop being a follower and believing you're brainwashed into believing about what the government/medical industry tells you and do your own research! You have no idea you are putting your 4 year old at risk for for his future and had you done your homework, you'd realize you're doing him more harm than good. You have no idea how this industry really works. I do NOT give my baby vaccines, after learning the TRUTH about them. You have to look deeper. My husband and I are Natural Nutritionist who can prove any doctor or any of you brainwashed puppets wrong! I apologize for being harsh, but it bothers me when parents are so quick to speak out on something you haven't reasearched yourself because you spread that nasty disease of IGNORANCE! Please Mothers, look into it, and be sure of your sources.

10
2 0

yeah!

0 2

I am astonished at the amount of dangerous ignorance that is routinely demonstrated whenever the question of vaccines comes up, and this forum is no exception. A large number of otherwise fatal or crippling diseases affecting children have been completely or nearly eradicated due to vaccines. Just think of polio, for example. Recations to vaccines, of course, and unfortunately, exist, but they are very rarely serious in the manner described by some moms. While I feel for these mothers and it is tragic when smemthing like that happens, there is no sound research to show that, for example, autism is caused by MMR vaccine, nor are other complications necessarily caused by vaccines but by a variety of oither factors, some being genetical. If you have read on this particular topic, you will have learned that the one study that allegedly showed relationship between MMR and autism has been entirely disputed. If your children are unvaccinated but still healthy you are lucky, and it is most likely because you are surrounded by other children who are vaccinated so the disease is simply not present in the community; but as numbers of unvaccinated children grow, pockets can form in the population that can enable the new spread of the previous eradicated disease. And this, my dear mothers, is your worst nightmare - not the vaccines. Do you want to live like as recently as a hundred years ago when children would regularly die of completely preventable diseases? I'd take the risk of vaccinating any day. For the record I have a healthy 4 year old who had all his vaccines - and also had chicken pox, with extremely mild symptoms. So nothing wrong with his immune system.

9
2 0

unfortunately...there is no scientific proof that vaccines were the cause of these diseases being eradicated from our society. A lot of reasons these disease have disappeared over the years are advancements in cleanliness, medicine, diet, etc. Many of the vaccines that they push on our babies have no proof that they work or even how long they last. The chickenpox vaccine for example is a more recent one that they are not certain on the duration of how long people will have immunity and this particular virus is much much more dangerous to an adult than to an infant. To each their own....there are definitely risks either way. There are many, many side effects to these vaccines that we never hear about....and then those that we do. I have 5 children...some were vaccinated until the age of 5, some received about 1/2 and the last one has never gotten any. He is by far the healthiest child we've had. As he gets older perhaps he might get vaccinations for the diseases with no cure...we'll have to wait and see but our next baby will not be vaccinated either until much later in life which I feel is more appropriate for their little bodies. Before the age of 2, everything that is put into their body is filtered through their brain and I don't believe all of the "junk" that is found in immunizations should go through my little one's brain....

269 28

Unless the parents keep themselves up to date on their shots they are actually more of a danger to their child then someone who has never been vaccinated.

I'm almost 31 years old and never had a vaccination in my life. My parents and grandparents were never vaccinated either and they are extremely healthy people.

On the other hand my husband, his parents and grandparent were vaccinated. They all got measles, mumps, chicken pox, shingles..etc

8
29 0

My middle child was immunization damaged and had major digestive issues for 6 years afterward and severe speech delays. It's irresponsible of the medical community not to inform people of the risks. I do believe if they are delayed and spread out (MMR divided into 3 shots and spread out, for example, and not started until age 3) there would be a lot fewer instances of immunization damage. I know 3 people right off the top of my head that had kids with obvious immunization damage - 3 of the children are autistic, and one has a severe seizure disorder and is brain damaged. She will have to have full time care for the rest of her life. I mean what are the odds? Scary, actually. My 3rd was preemie and has food sensitivities so I do not want to immunize him at all. His symptoms are all GI related so I just can't risk it. Oddly enough, he fights off bugs much easier than my older boys - where they get croup, my baby gets a runny nose or nothing at all. He's now 15 mos old. I need to look into homeopathic immunization methods but know nothing about them.

8
9 20

If more people knew what ingredients were actually in these vaccines, they would not allow such toxic material into their child, this I am sure off. Most Doctors I know do not vaccinate their children. I am against it. I have one child who was vaccinated till 5 and she was sick all the time. My other is not and has only had two temperatures in his life. He is 7 now. Both have been in full time care since they were 1 and around everything from hand, foot mouth to chicken pox. This I feel is because the immune system is pure and able to fight disease naturally. Most vaccinated children get the disease as they are popping the vaccine (disease) straight into their system. More investigation is needed by parents and less 'trust' in the medical system which is purely profit based.

8
2 13

are you home schooling him... please do and do not go to public bathrooms..as I have watched as children lick bases's for water and for the gum on the bottom.. have watched mine echange hard candy and gum when they were small in the 1970's.... a sneeze a kid in school that throws up in the locked warm class room a child of someone from a country that has no health care at all that is what your kids are up against for a long life... in Afghanistan children are not even given a first name until after thier 6th year...note please note i did not say birthday just year why because illness causes the death of over 40% of the children and Moms are just cattle to keep popping them out.. oh a Mom can be 11 years old to... the Unit Moose was in came home and held their brothers and sisters and their children so tight.... please with this great information tech read study and keep watch for your littles ones Future.. love an old Blue Star Mom...

1 3

I took my first child for his jabs at 8 weeks and he had a severe reaction to the vaccinations. One which I have spent the last 11 Years undoing the damage from.

He didn't have any more obviously.

I think we're lucky that he managed to externalise the poison in the vaccines if he hadn't well... we all know what could have happened to him. As a childminder I have witnessed many times at first hand what happens when children are vaccine damaged.

You should educate yourself and make your own decision. I read What the Doctors Don't Tell you guide to Vaccinations and other publications relating to the subject. It opened my eyes and thank goodness it did.

I also spoke to my friend who is also a surgeon on her thoughts... she thought there was enough evidence that she would not vaccinate her children if she had any. She thought the Homeopathic alternative was quite likely the path she would take to give her child immunity.

7
2 20

I work in health care but am the ultimate skeptic. First child pregnancy studied what I could. Appeared the first year most critical to immune compromise, second much less and after 2 almsot non existent. We waited to 11 months and then began vaccines, but did one at a time, one month apart. Natural Chicken Pox exposure, on purpose. also began high quality pulverized vitamin (multi) and C when baby was about 4 months old (began taking apple sauce etc). Very, very strong immune system. I do feel vaccines are critical, but wait to at least nearly a year. The diseases are out there and can be very dangerous if exposed as adult. Never take the flu vaccine!!! That is Big Pharma at its best deception!!

7
2 0

you don't sound as if you know where you stand. how can you say vaccines harm and then say they are critical?

8 1

The vaccine issue is a complicated one, and it's certainly an issue for children's health. But there are also many other factors. Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride, M.D., a pediatric neurosurgeon, has developed a wonderful protocol called GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome is the book title) to help children with digestive and gut damage from issues such as poor diet (which most children in the U.S. have), vaccines, poor dietary habits of the parents (which cause poor gut flora and subsequent health in the unborn child), and environmental factors. Dr. McBride doesn't blame vaccines for children's health issues like autism, hyperactivity, learning disorders, dyspraxia, ADD and other related issues. Rather, she discusses how vaccines are a tipping point for a child that already has gut issues, and can send some children who appear otherwise normal over the edge to full-blown autism and other related issues. If a child has parents who have maintained poor lifestyle and dietary choices, the child him or herself hasn't received adequate nutrition, and has been exposed to enough environmental toxins, he or she can develop autism or other disorders. It's all about gut health.

By profession, I work in the real food and alternative health community and I've seen and talked to countless parents whose children were vaccine-injured, and who have irreparable damage to their health. My own son, who was 9 weeks premature and is now 11 was vaccinated until nearly age 3 because I didn't know any better. He had various issues including colic, multiple illnesses (flus, colds, sore throats, etc.), and I definitely noticed a pattern with when he received vaccines. He received 25 vaccines by the time he was not even 3, and that's more than his father and I had in our entire lives. He exhibited signs of autism early on, and we thought perhaps he was. Fortunately, I became knowledgeable about the healing power of real foods shortly after his last vaccination, and I changed his diet by completely eliminating all processed foods. We started eating nutrient-dense foods such as grass-fed meats and poultry, eggs from hens on pasture, raw milk and home-made fermented dairy foods like cultured yogurt and kefir, real butter, lard, tallow, and other healthy animal fats, olive oil, coconut oil, bone broths, soups and stews, organic fruits and vegetables, sprouted/soaked and fermented grains, organ meats, seafood, and cod liver oil.

Traditional people all over the world for thousands of years consumed these foods and knew the significance of these foods to positively influence fertility in mothers who were trying to conceive, pregnant and nursing mothers, and growth and development in children. Our modern diets are devoid of nutrients and completely lacking in these kinds of foods. This is one of the major contributors to the influx of disease and illness our children experience - both with higher frequency and at younger and younger ages.

With regard to herd immunity: If vaccines are as effective as people say they are, there is no reason why any child who is immunized should be "at risk" around those who are not vaccinated. I hear this argument time and time again (with regard to herd immunity), and it's simply not valid. A non-vaccinated child is not going to threaten a vaccinated child. The vaccinated child will likely have immune system issues due to "gaining" temporary - not permanent - immunity from the vaccine. The body does not gain natural immunity from vaccines. It gains immunity from exposure to a virus or bacteria, and building immunity to it via exposure through the skin (topical), lungs (airborne), or bodily fluids (blood or saliva). Vaccines also contain many toxic substances, which can cause long-term damage from mercury and other metals, and other questionable substances. Here's a list from the CDC of vaccine ingredients:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf

I know I don't want those substances injected into my child. There have been so many diseases which the severity of its incidence has been overblown, and the incidence of those diseases was already in decline before the vaccine was developed:

http://www.vaclib.org/intro/present/index3.htm

If you look at the historical timeline of other disease decline, you'll get the same results:

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-vaccines-are-scientific-fraud/

There are many things which occurred in the last 100 years which have slowed down the development of disease - sanitation, plumbing, running water, cold storage of foods and beverages, and improvement in sanitary handling of foods and beverages. But no one ever mentions those factors.

Here are some other posts about the safety of vaccines:

http://www.cheeseslave.com/kidney-doctor-says-vaccines-have-never-been-safe/

Vaccine injuries:

http://www.cheeseslave.com/vaccine-injuries-will-your-child-be-next/

Here are some links from my web site, Agriculture Society. You'll find more information about Dr. McBride, gut health in children affecting disease and illness:

http://agriculturesociety.com/green-living/reducing-symptoms-of-addadhd-through-dietary-changes/

http://agriculturesociety.com/politics-and-food/vaccinations-a-choice-or-a-mandate-part-i/

http://agriculturesociety.com/politics-and-food/vaccinations-a-choice-or-a-mandate-part-ii/

Charlie's Story, From a Mother's Heart:

http://agriculturesociety.com/politics-and-food/charlies-story-from-a-mothers-heart/

Dr. Wakefield and the MMR Scandal:

http://agriculturesociety.com/politics-and-food/dr-wakefield-and-the-mmr-vaccine-scandal/

Please, I urge all parents to do the research and learn about alternatives to vaccines, the significance of real, traditional diets on children's health, growth and development, what's in vaccines, and how they may affect your child before vaccinating. You can't take back a vaccine one you give it, and that could affect your child's health for life.

6
0 0

Well, said. Thanks you for spending the time to write this to educate others that the reason we do not vaccinate is not because jenny Mcarthy and Wakefield said not to. Boy that drives me crazy. Most people who say this and things like my child is going to die from Polio just have not done the extensive research we have...

0 0

Ahh the age old controversy of vaccinations. Here's my 2 cents worth.... (disclaimer: I'm a pediatric RN 22 years in the trenches)
So. The amount of vaccinations they are giving to Newborns every 2 months til 8 months of age has grown exponentially. I was very hesitant to let them give my last child 8 separate tenuated toxins in the name of "immunology" If I had it to do over again I would wait till my kids were nearly 3 years of age and developmentally thriving before I would cram that much into one year. ( NOTE this would be for a child not shoved in daycare for any amount of time as that is a completely different exposure risk that would probably warrant peace of mind against any one else's kids NOT immunized and spreading communicable diseases.
I do not get the flu vaccine for any of my children ...personal choice...the annual "flu" vaccine is based on a "hunch" from scientist at the CDC that they think are highly probable for being the "flu strain" du Jour. Besides that to not allow our bodies the natural ability to fight off infections and build up natural immunities, to me, is not a a healthy choice either.
As for Pediatricians vaccinating their children...I've never met one who didn't...and I've met a few dozen pediatricians. :)

5
12 0

Personally, I am against vaccination, I rather allow my son's immune to work the way YAH intended for it to work. I feel as tho there is too much info telling us those vaccinations can and will hurt us more then they will help. Also, I feel they should be a personal decision and not made to be so "MANDATORY" as it is. My 1 year old has never been vaccinated and won't be as long as I have say so.

ANOTHER THING if they work soo well and keeps ppl from being infected with diseases....WHY is it such a big deal that some ppl dont want their kids vaccinated??? Their not putting vaccinated kids at risk.

5
1 5

I was very skeptical of vaccinations before I had my first child. I reviewed the risks and determined I would rather have them vaccinated than ever to have the disease.

0 28

i would just like to make a small point, vaccinations do not stop your child from getting the disease they are vaccinated against, they are suppose to just make the disease less harmful. I'm totally against vaccinations, my daughter has never had any and she is very healthy and I've never been vaccinated, my mum uses homeopathy. I did do alot of research on the subject for the benfit of my partner who was all for them until I read pros and cons.

4
4 20

Lucky you that your child is healthy at this point. Have you considered all the other children who might be negatively affected by your decision to not have your child vaccinated? And have you considered all the children in the past who were vaccinated so that your child can now live in a fairly disease free society? - which will not remain so if too many parents like you refuse the vaccines for their children. This is not a personal decision when it can affect so many other people.

3 0

Just a question for those who do not vaccinate?
For background,my body does not hold an immunity to Rubella/German Measles. I did not discover this until my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I had to receive the vaccine and wait three months before trying to conceive. I had to receive another after my first child was born.
My question is what if your child had a contagious disease like measles and came into contact with me while pregnant? My unborn child's life could be in danger because you chose not to vaccinate.
I'm not saying you would knowingly take your sick child out in public but,if you were not aware of the sickness.
I have always wondered about this when people talk vaccinations.

4
2 13

Hi Tina Iam as a 61 year old Mom so sorry for your loss babe this is why shots for the kids and families are so important...and in public bathrooms all the water spreads the unseen bugs faster... worked in child protection in Florida for 9 years.. fact by the year 2030 60% of children to the age of 18 will not have ever seen a Doctor in the USA 50% will have never been to a Dentist.....There are so many unseen things that can take the life of a Child.. please care for them for your Future.. love a Blue Star Mom....

0 0

To everyone who blindly says people who do not vaccinate their kids are putting everyone else at risk. Stop being such ridiculous hypocrites. You vaccinating parents are injecting, contaminating and spreading dangerous diseases via your kids. Thank you for all parents who refuse to vaccinate their children and in doing so are not putting mine at risk.

3
2 0

My neighbour had a perfectly functioning normal healthy child of 6 years old. Then she had him vaccinnated, and almost immediatly, a new child appeared in his place. One with behavioural disorders and fully fledged Autism. A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHILD.I saw it with my own eyes, and confirmed to me the dangers of vaccination. I and my children lived in Africa most of my life, and have gone through life absolutely healthy and normal, without vaccination.I have used Homeopathic vaccination alternative for my child (age 10) with no problems.
Look.It doent take a rocket scientist to get who benefits financially from all this vaccination propoganda perpetrated by the media and medical profession.After all , are the Drug Cartels really interested in your health. ?How will that line their pockets ?
You also have to ask yourself, how is it that the most informed family in the world , The Royal family, are fully homeopathic and UNVACCINATED!I think if the risks of disease were so great , surely they would know about it to "protect" themselves,,,hmmmmmm?And Ill wager a bet that all the other elite families in the world are not vaccinated.

You only have to really want to know the truth and the door will be opened.
A state of dis - ease in the body is not due to a virus but the bodie's weakend ability to deal with it, and we have to ask ourselves , why is this body weak?Injecting poison into a tiny body does NOT strengthen it, it weakens it!!!!!!!And maybe the result of your action will not be evident straitaway, you may think your child is healthy but how do you know that wont have a negative effect in some other way later on??

3
0 0

Now while I understand the importance of research I don't think we have the right to undermine a parents experience when dealing with vaccines whether we agree or not. I have plenty of friends who vaccinate their children and I vaccinated my 2 sons. Unfortunately they were sick constantly and nothing I gave them would help. I sought the Lord in prayer and felt Him tell me to put them in His hands alone. I stopped vaccinating them immediately.I did not need to do any research. my oldest at 2 n my youngest at 1. My oldest was just diagnosed with Autism. I am not blaming it on the vaccines because I have no proof but I have a 6 months old daughter who has only received the HepB when she was in the hospital. She was 11 weeks premature and she is now the healthiest of all my children. Now I know that my faith is not for everyone and I respect that but while I know that medically its a "fact" that I am putting my children and others at risk. I know the Truth will keep them safe from harm. Not trying to impose my opinions on others just wanted to share..

2
0 0

What more evidence do you need? You are not putting others at risk. People who vaccinate are putting other lives at risk.

19 0

Do the research and make an informed decision. go to www.nvic.org. Here are 2 other links you can go to http://www.naturalnews.com/034525_vaccines_news_stories.html and http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/30/the-greater-good.aspx

2
0 0

I have read every word on this post and everyone's contributions and life experiences, thank you so much for sharing the information. I am now more convinced than ever that I do not want to have my unborn child vaccinated upon his birth. My one concern is how to go about it? I live in Connecticut and for children to attend school they must be vaccinated. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can get around this? How can they be admitted to school without them? In my state the vaccinations are actually documented in a computer system and sent to the schools electronically and have verification of dates of vaccination etc. How can I legally get around this. Any advice would be so very appreciated. Thank you.

1
1 3

Hey Kasey I did not vaccinate my child after his first lot because he reacted to the vaccine. I told my childs school he couldn't have them since he is allergic to them. You could state that you are allergic to egg and that your child could also be... so you are going to wait for results of tests before you make a decision on vaccinations. Then just stall and stall till they go away. Or tell them you have had a Homeopathic Alternative... which you can give if you wish. Remember... only you can make this descision.

54 7

Like any "research" you do on the issue of vaccinations you are going to find a plethora of "evidence" for or against vaccinations. It is offensive to suggest that just because some parents choose to vaccinate their children they are doing so blindly. Like any issue debated on these forums most people have already formed an opinion before they start looking into it. And lo and behold they find all the "evidence" they need to prove they are making the right decision.

1
54 7

I remember a program I watched about parents who like many on here were opposed to vaccinations and then lost their child to preventable diseases and their anguish was unbearable. certainly more unbearable than parenting a child with autism. And there is no scientific evidence to prove there is any link. Stories of sudden onset of Autism symptoms after vaccinations are usually at an age when they would most likely start manifesting themselves. You can't just assume because one superceeded the other that it was the cause. Penn and Teller have a great episode regarding vaccinations.

30 0

I also had two very throughbreed dogs..and we were told NOT to give them booster vaccinations?...why was that??/ most advances are tested first in animal medicine......we told them we had already given them vaccinations and were met with scowls...???...think for yourself also???

1
3 5

Seriously? If everyone decided not to vaccinate, once again there would be huge epidemics of the diseases and there would be massive amounts of children getting sick and maybe dying and or the population developing an eventual immunity to it. My guess it that the pro's and con's may be similar. I didnt want to vaccinate my boys, but I did choose to knowing there might be some benefit. they are strong intelligent and dont eat junk and have never worried one bit about injections and vaccinations. There are risks in anything you do. My second guess would be that there are equaly as many non-vaccinated kids that suffer without them? Maybe in another 100 years we will know some more.

1
1 0

Why guess? Why wait 100 years? A child who is not vaccinated has not had their immune system compromised, has not had a load of filth and toxins injected into them and so can fight disease as nature intended. Unfortunately, children who are vaccinated are carrying and spreading more virulent mutated forms so if any child gets this it could be a big problem especially for the vaccinated immune compromised child. Look up information around the world - you will find a clear indication that unvaccinated children compared with vaccinated children living in the same conditions are far more healthy. A child vaccinated is not immune to the diseas (just propaganda why they are called immunisations) they develop ANTI-BODIES - antibodies do not mean you are immune to a disease!! The proof is that vaccinated kids are still dying from the disease, and parents of vaccinated kids think that unvaccinated ones are a danger to them!!! So why vaccinate? Of course it is not the fault of unvaccinated kids! Vaccinated or unvaccinated everyone is picking up, carrying and spreading diseases even if you are not affected by them. It is irresponsible to partake in the spreading of humanly interferred forms of diseases.

11 20

I personally think all children should be vaccinated unless the child has a reaction to the vaccine. I have a nephew who is now a teenager but as a child could not take the DPT vaccine (after the first one; had a reaction), which includes the whooping cough vaccine. As a teenage in high school, he got shooping cough and was sick and out of school for 9 1/2 months. He literally missed his whole sophomore year. We don't know where he got it, but obviously from someone that had not been vaccinated. He was so sick, and had he been a baby, he probably would have died. These diseases have been eradicated because of the vaccines and are making a comeback because so many people are not vaccinating their children. I think unless your child cannot tolerate the vaccine they should be vaccinated and should not be allowed in school unless they are vaccinated, and a letter from the doctor should have to be on file stating that they could not take the vaccine. In those cases, it cannot be helped. I have 3 healthy boys (except for allergies) and all mine had all their vaccines. It never entered my mind to not get the vaccines. Now as for the timing, there might be some merit to waiting until they are older or spreading them out or something. But I still think everyone should be vaccinated, even if it is when they are older. I don't think it is fair for someone to just decide they are not going to get the vaccine because they don't want to and then that child/person spreads the disease to other innocent poeple. There is a reason vaccines were required in the first place. Do we really want to go back to living in a time where babies and children die frequently from things such as measles, mumps, whooping cough, etc., when it can be prevented? And do we really want to take a chance on our children being crippled from polio? I don't. It is definitely worth the risk to avoid the disease.

1
0 0

There is much knowledge you are lacking from the statements you are making. First whooping cough outbreaks are higher in the Vaccinated population. They virus had muted becasue of the vaccine and it does not work. So the poor children are being pounded with unecassary toxins for vaccines that don't even work. All the toxins are weakening the natural immunity of our children. Higher incidence of , allergies, peanut anaphlaxis, eczema, sensory disorders, ADD, and yes Autism, etc. with the increase in vaccinations. WHy on earth does a newborn need a hep B vaccine. Itis ludacris. Many viruses were being erradicated naturally beofre vaccines were introduced. It is a shame your son was sick for 9 months because of whooping caugh but his immune system was probably not up to par becasue of all the other vax. Every non vax i know how that has dealt with whooping cough has said they got thru it easily because they know how to treat and heal the body naturally. All the sugar parents let their children consume is unreal. I cup of apple juice is 30 grams of sugar. My kids dont even have that much sugar in 2 days total, never mind in one apple juice. Sugar ruins the gut and feeds viruses. Learn how to eat right and your body will take care of you.

5 0

http://aphaih.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/an-emerging-threat-of-digital-pandemics-lessons-learned-from-the-anti-vaccine-movement/

http://aphaih.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/contagions-content-and-confusion-in-the-digital-age-of-health-information/

0
0 0

I have vaccinated my children for the last 11 years without complications, they are all very healthy and excel in school. Several reasons why I chose to vaccinate, 1. We travel internationally. 2. My children are consistently with others with auto immune diseases who cannot get vaccinated. 3. I know of one family that have a mentally disabled child because of a severe case of chicken pox and another family whose child is still suffering from the effects of having meningitis. 4.We would like to adopt and you cannot finish a home study unless everyone in the home is up to date on vaccines. Also, I have family members who are doctors of neurology and oncology, as well as friends who do research with WHO. They have told me that the risk of getting the disease is incredibly greater then having a serious reaction to a shot. All that said every parent has to do what they feel is right for their child, just do not be motivated by fears that have not been proven.

0
59 0

Vaccinations have improved child health and life expectancy more than anything else, except, perhaps , midwives washing their hands between deliveries! How anyone can doubt this is incredible to me. How come doctors ensure their own children are vaccinated? My own daughter, a doctor, decided to vaccinate her toddler early to ensure she was well protected before a trip to the UK. She worries about her newborns coming into contact with unvaccinated people.

People who choose not to vaccinate are putting all babies, too young for full protections, at risk. If you are considering not vaccinating your children. please research the subject properly and not just by googling bad science and conspiracy theories. The original scientist who reckoned vaccines caused autism has been completely debunked. He is now in the USA charging heaps to treat children with autism in useless and uncomfortable ( but very profitable) ways.

0
1

3 children...

2 unvaccinated typically developed very healthy never sick
1 vacinated diagnosed with autism

0
1 0

I believe that some vaccinations may do our children good and protect them,but my lastest ordeal has me thinking that some vaccinations may not be best to give our children.Just three days ago my child had a febrile seizure in the bath tub and almost drownt.I was sitting right there and everything happened so fast.One minute he was sitting there playing,the next thing a know he just floped over in the water and was having a seizure.Lucky my dear friend knew cpr and he coughed up the water.My husband called 911 and we were taken to the hospital where they confrimed he had a febrile seizure and because of that he took in the water.A friend who is also a police officer told us about the FDA doing a study on the flu shot Fluzone which is given to our children,they are saying that parents have been complaining of there children having febrile seizures after getting the flu shot.All this information is at FDA.gov.I myself filled out a form on there stateing what happened to my 23 month old son.I must not be the only one if the FDA is doing a study.What are we as parents letting the goverment convince us what is best for our children.How much do we really know about these shots or whats in them?I do know that 1 in 25 children have at least one febrile seizure in their life time,but the FDA isn't looking into this for nothing.

0
0 0

Thankyou Tina and Ruth. The vaccines are here for all of our protection. Many nasty diseases have been all but eradicated in the 1st and 2nd worlds be ause of them and better hygiene practices.
I'm not sure what the practice is in the US but in Australia our GPs educate their patients regarding all possible side effects- its the law!
For those of you who don't vaccinate your children, have you ever watched a mother cradling her newborn with whooping cough - caught off an adult who never was vaccinated? It's heart breaking. Have you looked after someone dying of swine flu? I have. It is terrible.
What is worse is to look back and know that it was preventable.
Is that a chance you really want to take with your child's life or worse, someone else's?

-2
1 0

And why would they not have caught the whooping cough off an adult who had been vaccinated? Vaccinated adults also carry around disease. Swine flu?? France vaccinated most of it's population and ended up having the most cases in Europe - and most had the vaccine strain of the disease! Shameful!! Those who vaccinate are propagating more dangerous forms of disease far more virulent than in the natural world. And, give us a break, how does someone who is vaccinated suddenly stop being carrier of disease?

1 10

I think people are stupid and ignorant not to get their children vaccinated. I've never met anyone who's had problems that really were due to the vaccines, so I can't comment on that, but it's already been proven that vaccines DO NOT cause Autism.. People who don't get their children vaccinated are putting their children in danger by allowing them to catch horrible diseases when there's a simple prevention. Too many people believe everything they hear and read and have no idea what they're talking about.

-2
2 0

and you are not believing everything you read and hear by stating that vaccines do not cause autism???? Did you know that the waivers you sign when you get your child vaccinated and the insurance you carry on your children specifically state and protect the government and big pharma that in case of any side effects and/or death caused because of a vaccination...they are totally covered and you have no rights????? Is it just coincidence that the number of cases if autism has jumped so significantly in the last 20 years. Or how about the fact that mercury and thermisol (which is known to be deadly and very dangerous) was RECOMMENDED to be removed from vaccines but can still be found in them to THIS DAY???

166 0

I get my children vaccinated. I prefer they have it to not getting them. Also they have to have them for school

-2
2 0

believe it or not...they do not have to be vaccinated to attend public school. Look it up and be informed. That is a lie.

2 13

a must to protect the child and family... to many terrible things to harm the small. please do and keep the adults in family up todate... love an Old Mom

-2
1 1

I have worked with children with Autism for 9 years and children with special needs for 11 years. I believe that scientific research has not proven that any vaccinates cause developmental damage to children. If anything it has lead to children dying since they don't have them. When you don't vaccinated, you are putting other children at risk. We live in a country were it is a blessing to have vaccinations available. I have traveled to developing countries where I have seen children and babies died do to the lack of vaccinations. The group AUTISM SPEAKS, (http://www.autismspeaks.org/science/policy-statements/information-about-vaccines-and-autism) have put out information ENCOURAGING parents to vaccinate their children. See the above link if there are doubts.
I have two boys (13 months and 4 months) both are vaccinated.

-4
1 0

"When you don't vaccinated, you are putting other children at risk." Why? How?