What's the best family vacation destination in Australia?

0 42

Camping at Rainbow beach! The perfect way to spend time with your family & have fun in the sun!

4
1 27

Forster NSW .... to me it is home. My parents moved there 10 years ago and I lived there for over a year. It's the most beautiful coastal town. I love driving over the Forster-Tuncurry bridge, seeing the dolphins jumping in the water and the pelicans saddling around ... it's heaven!

2
3 12

Love it Jen. It is heaven.

1 21

I love the Whitsundays. There is something there for every budget and every age and it's just so beautiful. Our family loves exploring the islands and snorkelling on the coral reefs. Airlie Beach has plenty of family friendly accomodation as do the islands or if you're after something upmarket theres some great resorts too. We love eating out in Airlie Beach and taking day trips around the coast. I have been there half a dozen time and never grow tired. I also like that there's choice of three airports (Hamilton Island, Proserpine and Mackay) so you can shop around for the best airfares.

1
1 0

It would have to be anywhere in Queensland. The weather, the friendly people and the laid back lifestyle, make for the ideal family vacation destination!

1
0 0

I'm from Brisbane so we are fortunate to have many wonderful family friendly destinations close by. My top pick, though, would be Southbank for the beach (beach type lagoon), Science Museum, family friendly restaurants, markets, Gallery of Modern Art, State Library of Queensland, Maritime Museum, BBQ and many park areas.

Brisbane CBD is right across the river from Southbank, so a walk across a bridge or a ferry ride on one of the many CityCats could be part of the adventure. There are often many activities for children and families happening in Southbank and the CBD. Southbank really offers so much that can't just be all done in one day. There are many family friendly accommodation spots in and around Southbank.

1
1

www.magicland.com.au and best Kids Entertainment pony ride

0
0 6

Rottnest Island, off Perth in Western Australia.
Absolutely magic. No cars permitted (accept the Island Authorities) so bicycles and walking are in! Beaches aplenty; kid friendly; gorgeous Quokkas unique to the Island. Amazing place to visit all year round. No other place like it, anywhere in the world.
Haven't been there? It's a must see for the bucket list!

0
0 15

Family? The Gold Coast! Not only do we have the most beautiful beaches, but there is easy access to all the famous theme parks. Then it's just a short drive to the hinterland and the gorgeous mountains. Plenty to do to keep everyone happy!

0
0 0

I think anywhere that has a pool/beach to go hand in hand with our gorgeous Summer weather, has a relaxed community and is child-friendly will be a winner! You don't need lots of extra activities if the sun is shining and there is water nearby :) Kids will entertain themselves for hours (and as a bonus, they'll be worn out and tired by evening time and won't fight going to bed)! Our last family holiday was in Noosa Queensland and it was beautiful!

0
0 8

My favourite holiday destination would have to be Sawtell, NSW. Beautiful beach, family friendly restaurants, affordable accomodation and for me, close to family. We stayed in a holiday house last time we went and the children had a ball.

0
0 29

Coming from the UK I love everywhere I have vistited in Australia.
I've been camping at Gillards near Merimbula, visited Queensland and all the theme parks, Fell in love with Perth and a secret white snow beach in Binalong Tasmania.

0
0 36

Simply loved camping at Rapid Bay, SA with my family. Cheap campsites, beautiful location.

0
0 0

We love the Sunshine Coast. The pace is a little slower, and there are so many great places to visit that aren't too crazy: Australia Zoo, the Big Kart Track, Aussie World etc. The beaches are also beautiful, and it is much more affordable than many other holiday destinations.

0
0 0

Anywhere there is a beach that we can swim and surf at.
We love to be by the beach, as we moved away from it so it is our favourite holiday destination. Next year we hope to visit the Northern Territory and complete a bit of a road trip from Darwin to Alice Springs - maybe that will be our new one!

http://countrygypsies.blogspot.com

0
0 0

I think Sydney, because that's where Danni lives. There are lots of fun things for the kids to do (beaches, zoo, incredible parks and playgrounds) and lots of yummy things to eat and fun things for parents to do and experience too...
I'm hoping Danni would say Tassie so she could come and visit us here and have a Honey you Baked reunion in Tassie. Clean air, more yummy food and lots of free space for kids play! ~Mel~

0
8 37

Tasmania gives you the chance to experience lots of different things, learn about our history and explore 4 seasons in one day!

0
0 0

Cairns. Why? Because it's an awesome destination with a wet play cafe with free entry, the Lagoon is great to paddle around in, and my in-laws live there, which means free accomodation. For us. Sorry.

0
0 0

We have been spending quite a bit of time at Forster, NSW lately and it is fantastic for families! Beaches and lakes everywhere and its a nice central spot for exploring the rest of the NSW Mid-North Coast.

0
0 0

I have so many favourites, but The Northern Territory is amazing! Kakadu, Litchfield, Darwin.... QLD is great for theme parks, and I LOVE NSW for beaches and bush camping!

0
0 1

Dunolly, Central Victoria, Australia.

0
0 0

It'd have to be either Byron Bay or Budgewoi. I've never been to either.

0
0 137

I live in the best family vacation destination in Australia, Cairns! Really, I never have to leave home, except of course during the summer when there are cyclones, stingers, crocs and humidity. OK, maybe you'd better go to WA.

0
0 0

Gold Coast has something for everyone in the family - theme parks, beach, wildlife parks, good restaurants, and shopping.

0
0 0

A campsite on the South coast of Sydney called Green Patch. It is on Jervis Bay so small waves good for kids and for older kids there is sailing and windsurfing to keep them occupied. At night they run nature walks to see all the nocturnal animals and the amenities have hot showers! I have amazing memories of family holidays there and would recommend it to every family, but be prepared to plan in advance it's so popular I think they run a ballot to allocate sites!

0
0 0

Beach, sun, beach, more sun and lots of play on the beach. For us, this equals Noosa. We just love it!

0
0 3

The Gold Coast - because that is where my parents are :)

Bonus points for the sunshine, sand and sea.

0
0 0

Kangaroo Island, so much to do with something for everyone.

0
0 110

Our family likes the combination of beautiful beaches and peace and quiet at Caloundra, QLD. The Sunshine coast is, in our opinion, more beautiful than the more tourist ridden Gold Coast, there is a beautiful calm beach for us to take our children (Bulcock Beach) or surf beaches for the more adventurous.

0
0 50

Noosa is the Australian dream holiday destination. Beautiful beaches and fabulous shopping - does it get any better than that? :) xx

0
4 2

After having lived in Hill End NSW for 5 [nearly 6] years I'd have to say it's a must visit place.

I loved being among the bush there. Early morning walks through the outskirts of town through the tourist walks was awesome. I would walk to and from work and see every kind of wildlife Australia is famous for.

And there are so many characters to meet out there. You don't have to look far to find some of Australia's most amazing artists who reside there, or live there afew months of the year.

Early autumn when the trees of the avenue are shedding their leaves is an amazing sight.

It holds a special place in my heart.

0
25 0

If travelling to Victoria, you should visit Phillip Island, Bonny Doon & Lakes Entrance they were my top three holiday destinations as a child. If visiting New South Wales, Id recommend.. Coffs Harbour, I lived and loved it there for 14 months! And if you ever go to Queensland, you really MUST go cow counting around Rockhampton and Yapoon.. That is fun! Also Great Keppel Island is beautiful :)

http://melissanevaehjiedyn.blogspot.com/2011/10/bonnie-doon.html

0
0 0

Sorry kiddo, I'm out of town for death in family and can't always get on a computer every day...But I will keep trying...Best of Luck ...you deserve it! :o)

5 0

As my baby is still very young we haven't had any opportunities for a family holiday yet. However we are looking forward to heading to Port Douglas early in the new year. My hubby & I went for our honey moon & LOVED it - so we are looking forward to returning.

0
0 2

Western Australia ...having spent almost 8 weeks touring there. My favourite places were Monkey Mia and Cape Le Grand National Park ...Lucky Bay.

0
0 0

We love going to the beautiful Gold Coast when we go on holidays, so peaceful & relaxing or adventurous & wild, depending on what you feel like eah day.

0
0 0

Adelaide of course. I live here!

0
36 40

Tasmanian!! Fresh air, green hills and beaches to die for :)

0
0 0

I would have to say Darwin, Katherine Gorge. Its an unlikey answer but is an amazing place to be. Kids get to appreciate having fun, seeing a different part of Australia, and experience life without all the common conviences. Its a great place to help build the bonds of the family.

-1