What's the best lotion/powder for a diaper rash?

1 6

Triple paste is the absolute best in my opinion. I've used it on my son since day 1 and he's never had too bad of a rash, or had one last too long. It's truly amazing!! Got it at BBRUS, but I'm sure it's elsewhere too.

1
9 0

I agree that powder is a no-no. It can be inhaled by the baby and cause respiratory problems. I have had success with Boudreaux's Butt Paste in that my son has never had a diaper rash since I started using it about 3 months ago. However, it is a little goopy and hard to clean off. I recently saw that Boudreaux's Butt Paste is now making a "New! All Natural" Butt Paste which I'm about to try. You may want to give this a try too. It sounds like they have addressed the goopiness factor but I don't know if it as effective as the original Butt Paste.

Best, Marlene
www.1sttimemomat42.wordpress.com

0
2,093 0

Don't use any type of powder. It can be inhaled and cause damage or irritation to the lungs. Straight zinc oxide cream (like Penaten) does the best job at protecting, but it can be difficult to clean off your hands, and because it doesn't have stabilizers it can be stiff in the winter and goopy in the summer. Most of the other good creams contain zinc oxide, but have other stuff added to make it more stable and less greasy. I preferred to use straight zinc oxide.

0
4 0

Triple paste

0
33 45

I used corn flour (Australia) on my son and he rarely got nappy rash and even worked on his eczema.

0
2 19

Burt's Bee's diaper ointment! Worked wonders for my daughter.

0