What's the best part of raising a family in Australia?

1 9

Apart from the world’s most poisonous snakes & spiders? Actually, in the bayside suburb where I live, I have never seen anything scarier than a redback spider, and to be honest - they’re not all that scary.

Australia is beautiful. I raise my five kids in Melbourne in walking distant from the beach. I feel very lucky to live where we live. The Aussie way of life is relaxed and laid back. We love our sport, our beaches, our climate, our diversity and multiculturalism.

1
2 24

I love the "She'll be 'right!" attitude of Australians. I am comforted by the (largely) supportive and non-judgemental parents I see around me - quite different from the competitive Olympic Parenting I see portrayed online. I love that we have beautiful weather almost all year. I love that it's only a 20 minute drive from suburbia to wineries, countryside and farms. 20 minutes in the opposite direction and we're at the most exquisite stretch of beach. I love listening to my children's cute little Aussie accents. I love the way Australians love to laugh. Parenting kids here is a privilege and I am really grateful that I get to watch my kids grow up in such a beautiful place.

1
0 0

The best part of raising a family in Australia is the community spirit. Despite such a diverse mix of cultures and backgrounds I love how us Aussies can get together and get along over great food and friendly conversation and constantly learn new things from each other. There is a feeling of safety even when amongst friendly strangers!

1
0 0

The DIVERSITY! Australia is diverse in weather, cultures, and experiences. I love the laid back culture, the humour and the lifestyle. I feel very fortunate to raise my children in a safe country with extraordinary opportunities.

1
1 38

Freedom, space, opportunity, adventure and the vast difference of the countries landscape.

0
0 0

Living on the Gold Coast, it’s all about the sun, sea and sand! It’s a fabulous place to raise our family. We have the fortune of being able to stroll to a variety of gorgeous, well-kept gardens and parks, and there is a huge variety of amazing facilities and programs to engage and educate kids while also having lots of fun! I feel very lucky to be able to raise my young family here.

0
0 10

Everything. More specifically the amazing opprtunities for our children. We have a beautiful and varied playground to explore; from the sea to the countryside and we have a vast array of people to talk to. We have freedom and we have safety. We have choice and we have an amazing health care system. our education system is something to be proud of and people genuinely care for one another. Plus, Asia is right on our doorstep so we have brilliant holiday opportunities too. Mojito on the beach anyone?

0
0 0

The weather! My kids like myself will surely grow up at the beach, enjoying the wonderful sunshine. There are also may opportunities for children when they have grown up in the way of education, careers opportunities and many areas of exploration!

0
0 15

The best part about raising a family in Australia, specifically Sydney, is having beautiful attractions such as beaches, harbours and architecture so close to home and being able to enjoy it all on a regular basis. My boys love swimming and being outdoors and our beautiful weather makes that possible, we also don't have to travel far to be close to nature and Australia's wonderful wildlife.

0
0 0

Australia has a little bit of everything. My husband and I have lived in many different countries and Australia is by far the best for ease and quality of living. We have great schools, efficient systems (political people might disagree, but if you've lived in the third world, Australia is heaven!) and a relaxed culture. I feel much safer raising my family here in Australia than anywhere else.

0
0 0

I love the outdoors and the weather welcomes and facilitate outdoor life while the beautiful city of Sydney and it's surrounds offers plenty to explore.

0
0 0

The awesome weather, great beaches, beautiful countryside, fantastic people, how much fun stuff is on for families that is often free and the fact that I feel safe. We have great healthcare and education. We really are the lucky country.

0
0 0

I suppose I shouldn't try to get away with just typing EVERYTHING! My kids go to schools with no metal detectors. There is a presumption of safety in our schools here. If I'm late to pick them up I can call a friend to grab them rather than call the office and have someone submit a DNA sample to authorize. We have a school calendar based on the calendar year and not a farming schedule. There are lots of little breaks or holidays in between the terms so there isn't one huge break at the end. I love the universal uniforms for school kids. Sure the uniforms are specific to the school they attend but all kids are wearing some sort of uniform. It cuts down on over all clothing expense, creates a sense of ownership and pride in the school and it eliminates the dreaded obvious separation of poor kids and wealthy kids. It helps identify kids are wrongly out of school and helps cut down on them getting into trouble.

Families are important in Australia. All the shops have separate family bathrooms so you don't have to take a screaming baby or whiny child into a crowded public bathroom. This can save the sanity of parents and non-parents alike. In Sydney a family only pays for one child in the family. The rest travel for free. As any parent will tell you, free is good.

I honestly can't see myself living anywhere else again.

0
0 10

The safety, the climate, the beaches and the people.

0
0 0

The weather and open spaces. The kids being able to play outdoors year-round. There is nothing worse than a house full of cooped-up kids... We also love Summer Christmasses - the whole family can celebrate outside in the sunshine (or even better, at the beach!)

0
0 0

I love raising my family in Australia because there are so many amazing opportunities available for our children as they learn and grow into adulthood. The Australian lifestyle is another huge factor. We live a short walking distance from the beach and top quality surfing beaches are only a short drive away. The weather is a Mediterranean climate, we can spend most of the year outside playing and enjoying the garden and the natural environment.

0
2 0

Australia will always be my home. It's where I grew up, and it's where most of our extended family and friends live. Even in Sydney's suburbia, there is a ruggedness, an earthiness, a wholesomeness. Australian people are quick to smile.

0
12 39

We live on the Coast line so we have the beauty of pristine beaches just minutes away, an abundance of rivers and lakes to explore, yet we are also a short drive from bush areas and open fields. We are lucky to raise our kids in a rural tight-knit community that is safe and not over crowded and we are so close to such beautiful environments for our children to grow and learn from.

0
0 0

I couldn't imagine raising my children anywhere else. We live in such a beautiful, free country. My children have fresh air, open spaces, access to health care and education, and are free to express themselves in whatever way they see fit. We live in the hills so they have a world of adventure and exploration on their doorstep. Their grandparents, aunties and uncles all leave near the coast, so a short trip to see them means they can run barefoot on our amazing coastal beaches, smell the salt in the air, and learn to swim in our Australian waters.

0
15 4

Space, freedom, climate - there are so many high-points about being Australian!
We have a huge multicultural population and it has enriched our culture greatly. So many diverse ways of life abound which open kids' eyes to the world and the potential it holds for them.

0
0 0

The space and the family friendly atmosphere. I live in Perth in a great suburb with beautiful parks and gorgeous weather and there's always something fun and educational to do with my son.

0