What's the best part of raising a family in Canada?

0 0

Other then maple syrup and getting to say things like eh everyday???

0
0 0

The best thing about raising a family in Canada is our healthcare system. It's not 100% perfect, but I wouldn't trade our publically funded universal healthcare for any other system. It’s a great comfort to know that whatever might go wrong in life, one thing we never have to worry about is not being able to afford high quality healthcare. Nobody in Canada loses their home or assets - or needs to go into debt - due to the high cost of paying medical bills. I love that I can walk into any hospital, clinic or doctor’s office and show my or my daughter’s medicare card and receive top quality care. As Canadians we have made the choice collectively to pay the cost so that all of us can enjoy modern healthcare as a basic right.

Our educational system is set up to help all children thrive. Higher education is accessible and affordable while still maintaining high standards. Our governments at the provincial and federal levels offer many programs to help the serious student complete their formal education. This means that people with the ambition, work ethic, and ability can achieve their academic and career preparation goals.

In general, Canadians enjoy one of the finest social welfare programs, with excellent public services, found anywhere. We have a social safety net that protects us from extreme poverty and suffering without the abusive levels of taxation seen in some other nations.

We also love the best sport, hockey!

0
0 0

Love having the four seasons. We enjoy a variety of different outdoor activities and there's always somethings special to do, enjoy & appreciate each season. Whether it's apple picking & leaves changing in the fall, tubing, skating & skiing or even just playing in the snow in winter, swimming & berry picking in the summer & bike riding in the spring.

0
0 0

The best part of raising a family in Canada is our surroundings. It is more than being in a place that has salt water in the air, where we are within a quick drive to a beach, and where we can take a boat to commute. It is also the people. I am confident that my children are growing up in a place where they are surrounded by so many people living out kindness and courtesy. It isn't always the case, but they won't ever need to look hard to find it.

0
0 0

I don't think I could pick just one "best part"about raising a family in Canada as there are far too many in my eyes, I will however pick my top 5 though:

1. Our Health Care - In relation to many other countries I rest easy knowing my family has great health care provided to us and that I won't ever have to worry about going into debt because we need emergency surgery or choose to give birth.

2. CANADA - I really need not say more than it is one heck of a beautiful place to live. From the Rockies out west to the tall buildings in Toronto we truly have a wonderful country that is always offering great adventures and exploration!

3. Education - Having a child who has some learning difficulties I am so over joyed with the constant effort of all staff in our education system to not only spot those difficulties but to address them and work with them in order for not only my child but any child with learning difficulties to thrive and not fall behind or be discouraged.

4. Culture - Living in and around the GTA I have had the opportunity as well as my family to explore different cultures and engage with those in different cultures than my own. I am constantly learning and trying new things thanks to our wonderful multicultural country!

5. People - I may be bias here but I have visited many countries and I find us Canadians to be the most friendly, almost like everyone is friends/family and there is always someone there to lend a helping hand whether it is your neighbor or a stranger helping a mother on the bus with a buggy I am amazed by the kindness of our citizens!

0
0 0

Canada is a beautiful country... from the east to the west coast... and we are a country where individuals are proud to say they are Canadian. Je suis Canadien!! We live in a country where we have our freedom and for that I am thankful for that every day! I also celebrate Canada's incredible diversity. It allows society, which includes our children, to learn about different ways of life... different ways of seeing the world. As a special needs parent this is so important, as our society, in comparison to a lot of other areas in the world, is doing a pretty job of 'learning' to be more accepting of those that are differently-abled.

0
0 0

Living my entire life in London Ontario Canada, and deciding to stay here to raise my own family was an easy choice for me: Ontario is a beautiful place to live. We are close enough to visit some great Ontario attractions such as those found in Toronto and Ottawa, but also not far from several beautiful beaches, rural places to enjoy a hayride picking apples as well as being in a fairly busy city with tons of free parks and great local museums.

The seasons (and yes, this includes our very cold winters we get), the beautiful landscape and the feeling of open space in the outdoors is another great feature of raising my family here.

Multiculturalism, education and our amazing health care system are obvious selling points to living in Canada with a growing family, not to mention being in a country known for having the most friendliest people too helps!

I also will be selfish and put a plug in for what I do daily for my own family as well as 12K other families that follow me on Facebook in terms of the savings Canadians are offered when using coupons. We are very fortunate in Canada to have companies that provide us with coupons that help each family get through some of the toughest financial struggles. We all need to grocery shop and put food on the table, and with the rising costs of almost every single living expense, couponing and saving money has become a lifestyle change for so many. I am fortunate to have met many families struggling to save and have been able to get out of debt using coupons - but the best part of my day is the feedback I receive that what information I shared, a coupon deal or even my match-ups have allowed another family to enjoy a family vacation, buy a car or even helped pay off bills weekly. The best part of raising my family using coupons is that I know that I have helped many others too in the knowledge I have given them on my blog.

0
0 32

There is a lot of awesomeness here in Canada, but I especially love the diversity that we get to experience and the freedom to do so. We have a lot to be grateful for.

0
0 0

We have been fortunate enough to experience life on the East Coast of Canada, and we currently are experiencing the life in Western Canada. Our children have been lucky enough to live in wildly different parts of the country, and with that they have experienced different integrated cultures, food and talent.
The best part for us as parents has been just raising them in a safe country with good healthcare and an education system that will allow them to explore various avenues in their futures. We extend our family through fostering, and every time has been a wonderful learning experience as we adopt new traditions and food to make everyone feel more welcome when they live with us...much like Canada is in every province.

0
0 0

Living in Canada, we are extremely fortunate to be able to spend the first year with our baby thanks to our maternity/parental leave (a combined 50 weeks). This, along with our universal health care, is the best part of raising a family in Canada in my opinion, as I honestly couldn't imagine leaving my baby's side to go back to work before their first birthday.

0
0 0

The best part of raising a family in Canada is simply being Canadian. There are so many great things about this country that make raising a family here the right choice, it's hard to settle on the best part. Government programs, healthcare, the education system, great communities, these are all important aspects of raising a family in Canada.

0
1 0

The change in seasons and the wide open spaces! I'm not a particularly athletic person, but we've always made the outdoors a big part of our family life. We go camping in the summer, head to a cabin in the winter, take hikes constantly, and visit conservation areas all the time. Plus we have friends who are farmers!

We've traveled a lot with our kids on missions trips, but I truly believe the most beautiful part of the world is right here at home.

0
0 0

What isn't really?! No place is perfect, but Canada has such a gorgeous landscape, as well as a fantastiac atmosphere and wonderful communities. I honestly can't image raising my family anywhere else.

0
0 0

There's really several things, but I would have to narrow it down to Safety & the great outdoors. When traveling around the world, I sometimes find myself on high-alert for dangers that might be lurking... but I've never felt that way in my city and anywhere else that I've visited in Canada. I also love that my family and I can spend so much time outdoors both in the city and in the country. Canada has so much to offer families year round. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

0
0 0

For me the best part of raising a family in Canada is our health care system. In Utero my youngest was diagnosed with having a enlarged kidney. This led to many ultrasounds, doctors appointments, hospital visits and medication for him. I am so thankful that we have such a great system where all of his needs were taken care of and he received top notch care regardless of our financial situation.

0
0 0

The best part of raising a family in Canada is being able to enjoy our freedom and be proud to teach our children exactly what it means to be Canadian. Now that we have part covered, we also love hiking, biking and camping while enjoying some of the great outdoor landscape Canada has to offer. Okay... and just in case you are now thinking we are real health nuts... think again. When we're not outside doing all that nature stuff, you can find us enjoying a great big poutine with a side of bacon.

0
0 0

The best part of living and raising my Family in Canada has to do with the resources that are readily available from the Goverment and the Community to give best education to our children, enjoy excellent medical care and also the availability of various child care options. I was very impressed with the mat leave benefits that was extended to me when I gave birth to my children here. While I got to stay with my baby home for the first one year after he was born, I was financially supported by the Government Employment Insurance. They further provides child care benefits paid every month to all families. I think that is great! Families who cannot afford day care expenses are offered subsidies. Medical benefits are free for everyone in our country. The list is endless. But what matters most to me for living in such a great country as Canada is the fact that the way it embraces diversity. People of almost all ethnicities live here and call this country home. And Canada has something to give to each and everyone and make them feel at home....

0
0 0

One of the best things I have found is there are endless opportunities. I grew up abroad and while it was a wonderful place to live kids didn't have anywhere near the same amount of opportunities. Boys played soccer, girls played badminton or did gymnastics ... I was terribly uncoordinated and thus didn't play. I am happy to know no matter what my boys are interested in, chances are they will be able to do it right here in our neighborhood.

While we haven't needed to take advantage of it much we are very grateful to be raising a family in a country to prioritizes health care. Having friends in other countries it is scary to hear their stories of how an illness can cause such financial burden on a family when really they need to be focusing on getting better.

0
3 18

For myself and my boys I think the best part of raising a family in Canada is our medical system. When I pregnant with my youngest they discovered he had an enlarged kidney which later on contributed to a few Utis accompanied by febrile seizures which led to numerous trips to the emergency room, doctor appointments, ultrasounds and antibiotics. I am so thankful that we have a universal healthcare system and he was taken care of.

0
0 0

Definitely the fact that Canada is so multicultural. The chance to explore other cultures without even having to leave your own city is pretty remarkable!

0
0 0

I think the best part of raising a family in Canada is the everyday exposure to diversity. Besides the obvious, which is the natural beauty and rich resources of Canada, the melting pot of cultures is something that I value. Being a family with mixed ethnicity, we are very proud to be Canadian. We also have a Canadian kindness, great health care, hockey and poutine!

0
4 0

The best part is being exposed to diversity. We live in a country that takes pride in its diversity, which inevitably helps children grow up with an open mind in regards to different ethnicities, cultures, etc.

0
0 0

Actually was just reflecting on this the other day...

http://www.happysoulproject.com/2013/09/what-does-fox-say-or-duck-or-seagull.html#.UkOc5obMB8E

For my family & our situation I would have to say the social acceptance & resources towards Down syndrome. My daughter Pip {9 months old} not only has Down syndrome but has faced numerous eye/heart surgeries...Canada & our healthcare system has been beyond amazing. I can't imagine going through what we have in another country.

When Pip had heart surgery, we shared a room with another little girl with Down syndrome & her mother from Algeria...We got talking & I was stunned in sadness, when she told me that if they had stayed in Algeria her daughter would have had a very difficult life...That they had to flee to Canada to give her any opportunity to thrive and/or survive...

Between that & learning that many Down syndrome children are given up for adoption or aborted, I feel that part of my purpose now in life is to advocate & show others that although our life is a wee bit different it's amazing & full & oh so bright...And I am thankful I live in a country that allows that to happen..

0
1 0

I could answer this question a million different ways!

There are so many great things about living and raising a family here. We enjoy freedoms that many others take for granted. We embrace diversity. Canada is a big and beautiful country and there are awesome sights and experiences to experience from coast to coast.

Our family loves to travel and experience the world but we Canada is home and we couldn't ask for a better place to live and raise our daughter!

0
0 0

There are so many amazing things about raising a family in Canada that it's very difficult to pick just one. The amazing diverse cultures, the beautiful landscapes and scenery, and the seemingly endless opportunities, but for me, hands down the best part is our health care system. Our health care system takes a lot of flack, but as a mom to a child who was born with a life threatening illness, I can speak first hand to how great it has been for us.

At 5 weeks old, my daughter was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect, and 3 days before Christmas, and 3 days shy of 3 months old she underwent open heart surgery. The care that we received was top notch, timely, and for the most part free. I could never imagine having to deal with the stress of having a child with a critical illness as well as the stress of how you're going to pay for all of their care throughout.

For this reason, our health care system is top of my list as the best part of living in Canada.

0