What's the best part of raising a family in SoCal?

0 0

The number one reason we all live here the weather! My husband and son are both avid surfers, we enjoy the beach almost everyday during the summer.

0
0 0

SoCal is such a great place because you have the best of both worlds here. I live in the desert, but if I ever miss trees & lakes, I can make a drive up to Big Bear or if I ever want the ocean, I can make the drive to the coast!

0
0 0

The weather and location. The weather allows for outdoor activities pretty much year-round and the location can’t be beat -- we can get to beaches, lakes, hiking, shopping, museums and other destinations within minutes. There are also plenty of day trips to choose from, like the mountains, deserts, Los Angeles and San Diego.

0
0 0

The best part of raising a family in SoCal is the weather and amazing choice of things to do. We are close to the beach and the mountains and I love that we can play outdoors all year long.

0
0 0

I am originally from the East Coast so weather is a big deal for us. The copious amount of sunshine gives us more opportunity to spend time outdoors together. You'll often find us at a park, beach, outdoor concert, beach, drive in movie or on a road trip to explore a new part of the state we haven't seen yet!

0
0 0

The best part of raising little ones in SoCal is that it really has so much to offer. From great museums to world class theme parks and from the snow capped mountains to the sandy beaches. It is such a unique location that give families the option to give their kids the best of all worlds without having to travel more than a few hours in any direction.

0
0 0

I love living in SoCal for so many reasons...the beaches, the mountains, the parks and hiking trails...and of course, the weather! We love being able to get outside and enjoy what the world has to offer all year round. And access to locally grown fruits and vegetables makes eating healthy and supporting the farming community really easy. We love to cook and come up with new recipes!

0
0 0

The weather. In SoCal you can go out and play with your kids all year long. It rarely rains, it never snows, and it is almost never too hot. Raising a child in SoCal is so much easier! No umbrellas, no stroller covers, no boots. At any time of the year, you can just dress the kids in flip flops, shorts and a T-shirt, and go out and play. Love SoCal!

0
0 0

The weather, hands down. Having so many days of sunshine means a bike ride is almost always possible. Escaping the chaos is just a few steps out the front door. Can't beat it! :)

0
0 0

The beach, the mountains, the desert-- we have it all right here in Southern California. The indoor-outdoor California lifestyle really exists! We can have meals outside, nap in a tent and read on a hammock. Even winter birthdays can be held outdoors. (I know, Cold States, it’s not fair.) Also, In LA, we are a giant mix of cultures and ethnicities. Museums, free concerts and parades bring people together to celebrate this diversity. It’s a fantastic environment in which to raise young children. But if you really just need to get away-- It’s pretty easy to get to Hawaii from here!

0
0 0

I grew up in Orange County so the SoCal culture is home is me! I think moving away to go to college and traveling abroad really helped me appreciate how wonderful a place Southern California really is. I love that you can be in the mountains in only a few hours or head to a beach in less than 1/2 hour. We can even take a trip to the desert for the day if we choose to! Southern California is filled with so many different types of people and it makes for a hedge pod of interesting things to do and see.

0
0 0

Our favorite part of living in Southern California is the variety activities you can do. You can spend one day at the beach playing in the waves and the next day hiking in the mountains. We also have fairly good weather all year long. We basically live in our flip-flops.

0
0 0

Both my husband and I are 2nd-generation SoCal natives, and all of our parents and other extended family are still in SoCal, too; we couldn't imagine making our home and raising our son anywhere else. We live in Long Beach and reside about one mile from the ocean, which means we have beachfront access 365 days a year. That's the perfect proximity for our family as we love to hunt for shells, dig in the sand, and splash in the surf during a walk down the beach. We also own a small inflatable boat and stand up paddle board so we can toss those into the back of our truck, head down to the water, and launch off of the beach for a cruise through our local canals and along our beautiful waterfront in Alamitos Bay.

We also call Long Beach the biggest small town in California. Though there's a population of almost 500,000 here, you'd never know it. Because we live in a neighborhood that was built in the 1920s, we can easily walk or bike around our neighborhood year-round to grocery shop, dine out, and visit with friends. I know, I said walking in SoCal (yes, people do this!)! And sometimes the visits with friends are completely impromptu as we always tend to run into someone we know wherever we go (or make a new friend or two)! We really love that close-knit factor about our city no matter what area of town we’re in.

Though we SoCal'ers may take the wonderful weather for granted sometimes, deep-down we're always appreciative of everything that the Southern California lifestyle has to offer for all-ages. We are grateful to live in one of the best climates and friendliest cities in the country, if not on Earth!

0
0 0

The best part about raising a family in Southern California is having the ability to raise our children in such a beautiful community. We have year round access to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and some of the most elaborate parks. The weather allows our children to be outside throughout the year exploring the world around them.

0
0 3

The best part of raising a family in SoCal is the close proximity to nearly everything you can imagine. There is so much to see and do in SoCal. You name it: sand or snow - we got it. =) Can I also add that we have gorgeous weather? Feeling blessed.

0
0 0

I would say the best things I like about raising a family in SoCal are the diversity and the weather. If you can't find something to do year round, you didn't look. We can be at the beach the same day we go snow skiing! There is nothing that is not available to Southern Californians.

0
0 0

Weather, weather, weather. My memories of childhood on the East Coast are filled with rain and snow -- and all that snow gear! In LA, it's sunny and warm most of the year and my kids can be outside without all that STUFF weighing them (and me) down. On the odd occasion I start really hankering for snow I can drive to it in under three hours, which we do, once or twice a year -- and that's plenty.

0
0 0

There is always something to do in SoCal as a family. It's the only place I know where you can drive to almost every major theme park in just a few hours. It's a blessing to live in a place where there are so many family friendly activities.

0
0 0

The diverse terrain makes for easy adventures. I can play in the snow, rough around the desert and hit the beach all in one day.

0
6 63

The best part of raising a family in SoCal is the variety of things there are to do and see like Museums, beaches, amusement parks, movies, bowling, etc. We love outdoor sports and activities and the weather in SoCal lets us practically do them year round. The best part, most of our family (grandparents and aunts/uncles) live right here in SoCal too.

0
0 0

The. Weather.
It's the one thing that keeps you from staying indoors and getting the "bug" to explore!

0
0 0

SoCal is so amazingly diverse and I love teaching my sons about culture. The best food, art, music, parks and so many ways to adventure! We have not seen or done it all!

0