What's the best playground in San Francisco or the Bay Area?

2 0

There are so many great playgrounds in Marin, one of my favorites is Corte Madera Town Park which has a great lay out with three sets of play structures for different age groups, from springy motorbikes for little tots on soft flooring to a climbing wall and a roller slide for the big kids. It has a sand box in the middle and a great circular path around the edge for riding bikes, all safely enclosed.

If you are looking for a park that the children can spend hours having little adventures while discovering new areas and hidden corners then check out the Millennium Playground in San Anselmo Memorial Park. It has a variety of complex designed castle fortresses that represent the Seminary Tower and Town Hall Tower which are a lot of fun to get lost in, with various slides that pop out of the structures. There is also a train depot with a wonderful wooden train, a giant dinosaur, sand box and swings.

For hot summer days, the Marinwood Park has lots of shade next to a BBQ area and the outdoor pool which has a tots pool surrounded by a grassy lounge area, great for play dates.

A hidden gem is the Palmisano Park in Hamilton, Novato, near the outdoor pool, which has great play structures and a large sand box with a tower in the middle with pulley systems for carrying the sand up and down. It is also our local park so a popular family hang out for us!

0
0 0

Julius Kahn Playground is beautiful playground in the Presidio of San Francisco. Located near the Laurel Heights area, it has a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and offers play structures to please toddler + kids in one contained area so it’s easy to keep an eye on all the kiddos. In addition Julius Kahn Playground has a clubhouse perfect for parties.

0
0 0

I've always liked Frog Park in the Rockridge section of Oakland - tucked away off of Claremont Ave, it's a sunny little triangle with lots of benches, climbing structures, and a nearby dog run to wander over to when the little ones need a change of pace. And it's on a greenbelt path, which makes it easy to walk to and from nearby streets.

0
0 0

I second Magic Mountain Playground at Coyote Point in San Mateo. I also love the huge field for kicking balls and flying kites. The kids love watching the planes coming in and out of SFO.

0
0 0

We love Magic Mountain playground at Coyote Point in San Mateo. It's very close to the Bay and the airport, so you can watch the airplanes flying low overhead, and have close access to the water. There's a huge field for flying kites, kicking a soccer ball or just running around. And the two adjoining playgrounds serve toddlers on one side, and bigger kids on the other. There's a big dragon to climb on, a tall house with a fast, two or three-story slide, tire swings and many other things to keep the kids busy and happy. Lots of tables too - with grills, and close-by bathrooms and water fountains.

0
3 0

There are so many! How do you pick the best? For me, it has to do with where all 4 of my kids will have fun. They don't need fancy. The Wild West Playground in Montclair (East Bay/Oakland) is one of their favorites. Everyone from the 2 year old up to the 12-year old enjoys it! And it was one of my favorites as a child, too...40 years ago! While the only part pictured in my post is the Wild West part, there are also standard (yet rather elaborate) climbing structures, slides, swings as well as an enclosed toddler area.

0