What's the best time of year to have a baby?

When planning for a baby, the time of year the baby is born can have an impact on your comfort, your child's education, and many other things. Is there a best time to have a baby?

61 0

I guess we never thought about what time of year was best to have all 5 of our sons. We had one in October, three in march, and one if Feb. I would have not done it any other way. as for my comfort it really did not matter, I was hot, and swelled no matter what time of the year. My sons, now 32,30, 28, 22 and 17 are fantastic sons, and wonderful men. So it really does not matter when you have them, it is what you do with them after you have them.

3
6 0

well said!!!!

47 4

Just think if you conceive in june, you will only be a little pragnant though the hot months, and you can eat what you want in oct, nov, dec and jan. Plus everyone can and will take care of you during the holiday season. Good Luck and have fun :)

1
2 1

The best time is your OWN choice.

1
2 0

it's good to plan for a baby, but thee is no particular time or best time to have a baby, unless you are a travelling person. okey it is also important to consider the climate becoz when preganant and it's too hot, there is lot of discomfort.

1
1 0

I prefer March to early June. That way you arent pregnant in the summer or couped up inside in he dead of winter with a new baby. School wise they wont be the youngest or oldest. I had both my girls in May which I planned. ;)

1
1 2

i agree, i had my son in july and it was great to be able to get out and walk off the baby weight.

7 17

it is not the question of when but it is the question of: are u mentally prepared, emotionally prepared and financially prepared; and if the answer of all the above is YES then go ahead and enjoy motherhood ... :-)

1
3 0

When you have a child no matter how prepared you think you are, it is something that is a shock. Shock to to sleep, shock to your way of life prebaby, shock to your relationship. Just plain ole shock. I don't think anything can prepare you for having a baby. It just is. However, like Grechen, I do agree that all those things she mentioned to help with the soften shock.

1,211 0

My preference was - no late winter due date because I didn't want to need a winter weight maternity coat (due to the cost), no Christmas birthdays, and no summer due dates because the risk of preterm labour is higher in the summer.
I was glad to not have a baby due right at Christmas. It's not a very fun time to have a birthday.

0
7 0

My name is James I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the forum cos i never thought i will have my girlfriend back and she means so much to me..The girl i want to get marry to left me 4 weeks to our wedding for another man..,When i called her she never picked my calls,She deleted me on her facebook and she changed her facebook status from married to Single...when i went to her to her place of work she told her boss she never want to see me..I lost my job as a result of this cos i cant get myself anymore,my life was upside down and everything did not go smooth with my life...I tried all i could do to have her back to all did not work out until i met a Man when i Travel to Africa to execute some business have been developing some years back..I told him my problem and all have passed through in getting her back and how i lost my job...he told me he gonna help me...i don't believe that in the first place.but he swore he will help me out and he told me the reason why my girlfriend left me and also told me some hidden secrets.i was amazed when i heard that from him..he said he will cast a spell for me and i will see the results in the next couple of days..then i travel back to US the following day and i called him when i got home and he said he's busy casting those spells and he has bought all the materials needed for the spells,he said am gonna see positive results in the next 2 days that is Thursday...My girlfriend called me at exactly 12:35pm on Thursday and apologies for all she had done ..she said,she never knew what she's doing and her sudden behavior was not intentional and she promised not to do that again.it was like am dreaming when i heard that from her and when we ended the call,i called the man and told him my wife called and he said i haven't seen anything yet... he said i will also get my job back in 3 days time..and when its Sunday,they called me at my place of work that i should resume working on Monday and they gonna compensate me for t

0
0 0

spring!!!! not to hot not to cold :) but both of mine were born in the summer in arizona... way too hot!

0
2 0

Best time is when baby say its time

0
100 3

I had my daughter in early May. So I lucked out and didn't have to deal with the heat at all. I suggest August if it can be worked! lol

0
71 10

If you can get away with not being HUGE during the summer, you will feel better that is for sure!! But I couldn't avoid it with our son, and I won't be able to avoid it with this new pregnancy!! lol. Just be ready to love the ac, eat a ton of Popsicle s, visit the pool often, etc. I wish I could have been huge in the winter which is just approaching! but i'll take what God has given. I hate the heat right now!

0
40 20

I learnt the hard way, that conception doesn't happen easily, the first month of trying for my 2nd was timed but that doesn't mean my body was ready

what are the chance of you falling pregnant? my first was conceived the first month we tried, my second took 18 month's before i conceived. if i wanted to have my baby's at a specific time of the year the window for trying would be smaller and that would mean years of trying, not month's.

i didn't want another December baby, more so my 1st didn't have to share his birthday, but that didn't mean i stopped trying to prevent it happening.

0
28 1

I had my son in March and liked being pregnant during the winter.
Not sure I could have handeled Texas summers beeing pregnant!

0
15 3

I've had a spring baby and a fall baby. I WOULD think that the spring baby would be best since I HATE being hot and you can cover up with lots of clothes (my ankles were embarrassingly HUGE!) but....I had a wonderfully cool summer pregnancy, loved my summer maternity clothes and wearing flip flops for my huge feet (again). We spent a lot of time at the pool which was nice to relieve some of the achiness and weight and I wasn't so worried about slipping on ice! I spent my winter snuggling my fall baby and we got a great carseat cover that kept her warm all winter for outings, with my spring baby I felt it was too hot to do much that first summer so we stayed in a lot and snuggled in the air conditioning. My spring baby boy is always the last to turn the same age as everyone else in his class and my fall baby girl will have the choice to wait to start kindergarten and will have her birthday at the beginning of the school year. I hope that helps you!

0
1,496 104

If you can plan it, have your baby in the winter. You can snuggle up and stay warm. Summer is just too stinking hot.

0
2 0

I had 3 cuddly winter bubs which I loved and wasn't sure whether I would have nursed them quite as much had it been sticky and hot. Now that they are preparing for school I have had discussions with many mums beside myself, questioning whether to send them 'early' or 'late'. A June- Dec would make that an easy decision, not having to worry about holding them back or repeating them later on. A blessing of course, whenever they arrive!

0
17 0

Everyone is right, but if you really want to plan and you live somewhere hot you might not want to be 9 mos. pregnant in the raging heat. That happened to me and it was very divvicult - I remember I almost pased out at the bank. Or you might want to think about baby's first Christmas and how old the little one will be at that time, if that is important for you. Or if you do a big holiday in the summer, a newborn would be more difficult than an older baby. So just put your thinking cap on.

0
9 10

My two each took nine months to get pregnant, so timing was not of the utmost importance though both were fall babies. Though I was bigger through the summer months, I wasn't as morning sick as the spring months, and I would take size over nausea in the summer any time. At the same time, I sure do love my May birthday!

0
55 19

For me, anytime is the best time of year! For others, though, there may be one time that is better than others. If you know that you can get pregnant easily, you can plan around your family's needs - current birthdays and the like. However, if you are trying to get pregnant, just let nature take its course. Very few women deliver their babies on their due date - it's not an exact prediction.
Pick your favorite time of year and then go from there!

0
1 36

I'd say spring? Or the New Year!

0
6 0

one of the silliest Questions ever!!!! what if one gets preg n the baby is not planned ufff!!!!

0
1 0

doesnt matter for me although these days people seem to be thinking of when to start their little ones at school, so if that matters october through to march :-) otherwise whenever if you're lucky!!

0
3 0

Winter is best for late pregnancy, because you feel hot, not like moving and the clothes are bulky. Spring births make you feel alive and getting back into the energetic groove afterwards is easier. Four of my 6 kids were Spring births. I home school, so age in the school year is not an issue.

0