What's the best way to celebrate a winter birthday party?

1 0

We are having a mad science show at Applebee's-they have formed a partnership. Everything's included ( venue, entertainment, invitations, gift bags, lunch and dessert). You can even argue the kids are learning something. All you have to do is show up!

9
70 0

We love science to0 and so had a TickleMe Plant Party. I ordered a bunch of TickleMe Plant Party Favors to grow the only house plant in the world that closes its leaves and lowers its branches when Tickled! See video if you love science a nature. Kids love growing and of course Tickling this interactive pet like plant that moves when Tickled. http://www.ticklemeplant.com

14 1

Ice skating, roller skating, bowling or have an indoor beach party.

7
13 11

go to kidscancook.ca they offer cooking parties and classes for kids 5 years old and up! call them 905 464 1042 OR GO TO http://www.wix.com/kidscancook7/haltondeals#!store I just found the cooking classes for only $32

3 18

My sons birthday is a few days before Christmas so we have a family dinner on his birthday then we throw a big party on his half birthday in June. He loves it because he has more options and more kids can come because it's not so close to a major holiday.

6
2 0

I was born on Christmas and always celebrated my half birthday - it is an inspired solution to the holiday/birthday conflict.

1 9

For my daughters 10th birthday we are going to Michael's craft store. You rent there room and buy or bring in crafts. Our party person is going to show the girls how to make bracelets (with beads) and simple friendship bracelets(made with floss).

4
25 40

Love it; I worked at Michaels for 5 yrs and it is worth everyone. The kids have fun.

11 22

I cant believe im saying this but chuck e cheese was so worth it. Two hours and you are done, you walk away. The kids had a blast. My son is six.

4
4 0

Blue fusion is also a good way to celabrate. Not many kids but its for older kids inbetween chuckey chese and majic moutin. There is a bar, Glow in the dark put-put mini bowling and regular bowling in the restraunt/pub area its really cool and there are game cards like dave & busters

1 16

Little chef party... Have the children cook their own lunch and decorate a cupcake. It's fun and memorable.

4
15 24

At a movie theatre, indoor playground, Chuck E. Cheese, slumber party, ice skating party...

4
12 25

I have 5 children, and 3 of them have winter birthday's. We have done everything from Pirate parties complete with indoor treasure hunts for boys, to dress up parties or spa parties with mani-pedi's for girls. (yes even little girls love a spa party and its fun for the mom's too! Also for little boys (or girls) you can have an indoor campout! You can pitch a small tent in the living room and do stove top smores!

3
0 23

Thanks. I think your suggestions were the most helpful to me. I love doing parties myself, but it's not easy when you can't get outside.

2 67

both my boys are winter babies like their mother. I have given my oldest one partys at home, bowling, mcdonalds with the play area, old country buffet , chucky cheese and bowling parties for him. The one his friends and him like the most is the bowling. Now my baby is 1 this year and we celebrating his and big brother together with family and friends at a relative home.

2
4 0

A friend hired a DJ for kids and had a rad disco party, we had a blast!

2
6 15

We had a teaparty. My dauhter turned 4 and everyone seemed to enjoy it

2
19 35

In my area we have a place with a bunch of indoor bounce houses and other bouncers called "Ah, Sir Bounce A Lot". You can buy a birthday package that comes with bottled water plastic-ware, napkins, plates, tablecloths, 2 tables, balloons and a bag of party favors for each child. All you have to bring is yourselves, some socks, the cake and presents! I did this for my middle daughter's 4th birthday party and everyone (even the adults!) had a blast!

0 86

My son's is the beginning of February so we have had a outdoor winter Olympics day in the past!! With Relay races and outdoor activities! This year it landed on a PA Day so we had a donut eating contest, snow painting, a pinata, cupcake decorating, snow hill relays and skating all in our own back yard!! It was super fun and with about 30 kids!! Then we have a family dinner and presents in the evening!!

1
1 24

We did an indoor swimming party at a local hotel and hired a lifeguard to help watch the kids! A friend of mine made a birthday cake that looked like a swimming pool! And we decorated a plastic reusable gingerbread house to look like a beach shack with palm trees!

We printed the invitations created by Pink Pickle Designs and made candy wrappers for chocolate bars, threw in a minature beach ball and sealed them in clear plastic bags with customized toppers also from Pink Pickle.

The kids had a blast. We highly recommend this for winter birthday parties!

1
3 229

My twins' birthday is the day after Christmas. We've done bowling parties, Bounce U, when they were little we did Burger King with the indoor playland (also Dairy Queen one year). Someplace where the kids can run around. Roller Skating & Laser tag are also good

1
492 54

My boyz love Lazer Tag..Ice skating..bowling...sleepovers...the list goes on =0)

1
0 0

Lazer Tag is idea but for 10 kids its expensive any tips

4 3

We had a swim party at our YMCA. They provide everything. And the kids love to go swimming and splash around in a pool in the middle of winter.

1
24 9

Good to see a suggestion unrelated to Christmas since our son was born in July (Aussie winter), and not America-specific. Maybe not swimming, he's going to be 3 and still afraid of water, but a sports-type party would be good.

1 20

Last year we did a Build -A-Bear party, This year is going to be a karate party.

1
2 5

Lazer tag, roller skating, or do cake & gifts now and invite attendees back at child's 1/2 birthday for an outdoor event (i.e., Nerf War, water balloon fight, etc.).

1
0 21

My daughter is turning 12 and she is born in January. Last year she had an ice skating party, but this year she wanted to do something unique. We came to a really fun and cool decision... EXTREME PAINTBALL!!! It isn't too expensive it's $500 for 15 kids and it's fun for girls and boys. They include all of the food and drinks with the paintball equipment inside this huge playing field with an obstacle course! It may be a good party idea for kids of all ages!!!!

0
1

sleepover with a couple or friends ice skating or dance party, bowling, movie party, karaoke, spa, inside beach

0
3 2

maybe a skating party or an indoor pool with lots of water slides provide cake or snacks and have a reasonable amount of time set to swim or skate.

0
207 0

A game I have played with large groups is "Indoor Snowball Battle" Divide group into two teams. Use masking tape to divide the room - Use two lines of masking tape separated by about 3-4 feet (so the kids cant smack someone on the other team when throwing) Team one behind the first line, team two behind second line...space in the middle is neutral. Give each team lots of newspaper, or tissue paper. Give each team three minutes to make the paper into "snowballs". Then countdown to start the snowball battle. Kids just whip the paper balls at the other side. When time is up everyone has to freeze. Then count the paper balls on each side the team with the fewest balls on their side wins. Have them throw balls into garbage can when counting.

Also this game is super fun http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043IE... for a group.

0
3 0

embrace the winter! Iceskating, skiing, sledding, anyting outdoors!
if she/hes not so into the whole "winter" thing then remake the summer! Its easy to do that with an indoor swimming party, ANYTING

0
0 0

what to do for a boy bd on his first bd please help me this is my first son and i want him to enjoy himself as wil has his lilttle friend that will be attending oh yeah i forgot his birthday is in the winter the month of january

0
4 0

If its a girl maybe a snow princess party with everythig with pink lace and ice skates or for a boy a hockey themed party? Or you ccould just celabrate on ther half birthday but go to dinner on there real birthday!

0
28 11

My daughter was born January 2nd so this year for her first bday we had a small family party on the day and then on feb 4th we did a big parrty for all of her friends (and yes she has a lot of them!) It worked out bc it gave me time to recover from christmas as well as other families

0
13 11

go to kidscancook.ca they offer cooking parties and classes for kids 5 years old and up!

call them 905 464 1042

AGAIN for a great party where you can make a yummy recipe with all the fixings go to www.kidscancook.ca

0
13 11

http://www.wix.com/kidscancook7/haltondeals#!store I just found and bought great items from this site: http://www.wix.com/kidscancook7/haltondeals#!store Copy and paste this link. HaltonDeals

27 10

My daughters birthday is during spring break. This year we are going to the movies with 10 of her friends. We have done an indoor pool party, a Jupiter jump, a princess party complete with tea and nail painting, we have done sleepovers, and my sons birthday is in July. We have done an indoor swimming party, we have done a backyard barbecue, we have done a circus with popcorn and hot dogs, we have done mcdonalds, we have done a park for both of mine.

0
63 20

For my son, who's birthday is two days before Christmas, we typically do something outside. Being Canadian, winters are filled with snow and cold, which makes them great for a birthday party. We have gone skating on the lake and toboganning on the mountain. We have taken his friends and built elaborate snowforts and had snowman (and snow castle) building competitions. Sometimes we even just head outside and play with no set thoughts as to what to do. The best part, is when we are all done outside, we get to come in and enjoy some hot chocolate and chili. I usually make chili for a meal before we cut the cake. Chili (or stew) and hot chocolate are wonderful warm you ups. My son is now seven and so far we haven't had any issues with kids not leaving happy. And a great thing of just getting out, is it's nice and cheap. No cost involved to get to the hill or the lake or to play in the snow!

0
9 33

We are thinking about taking our daughter and friends to the Children's Discovery Museum. They have a membership package that allows you and any 7 guests for one full year. I am buying the pass as her present (one whole year of museum trips) ... She is turning 6 and when I asked her what she wanted she said to go to the museum.. because we haven't been in a long time and she loves it! Wish us luck

0
2 0

We tend to go with one of the indoor party places - Chuck E Cheese, the bouncy place, and this year Laser Tag. The laser tag was the best run. There are lots of unique places that do parties - a neighbor had hers in a pet store and all the kids loved it. But as our son gets older we will probably look into less structured activities, like bowling.

0
4 20

Our daughter's birthday is two weeks before Christmas, and this year were threw her a indoor pool party at a local indoor water park. She and all her friends had a real Blast. It's hard sometimes to schedule a party that time of year with all the Holiday parties going on but we've managed to do it the past four years.

0
1 19

Christian Youth Theatre offers birthday party packages that are fun for most ages!!! You see a play, then after the group gets a back stage tour, meet and greet the characters... and pics.
Here is there link.
http://www.cytchicago.org/homepage
We're doing my 10yr olds bday party there next month.

0