What's a good age to start a family?

What do you think is a good age to start a family? Is this the age when you started a family yourself?

0 19

I wanted to begin having kids at age 25. Instead, I was 35. And what I had at 35 that I didn't have at 25 was 10 more years of life experience that gave me a better sense of myself and my priorities. I feel that at 25 I was still trying to become an adult. At 35, I was one, and had far more to offer a child. This is my story. Others have theirs. I don't think there is a best age. I think you are sometimes in a better place than you are at other times to have a baby. But you don't always get to choose your timeline. You do the best you can whenever you are blessed with your child.

8
0 0

Well said.

1 0

Ah, if life always worked out the way you want it to, it would be great.
First son at 38 second at 41. Happy and financially secure.

6
11 6

Im 23 and Im due next month with our first!

2
4 16

I was 26 when I had my first. I woyld do it again all the same. I do not belive their is a set age just what works for you.

2
0 0

yes, it depends on how or whatever it works

0 0

I had my first child at 18 and my second child at 191/2, 18 months apart. Then suprise my third child at 35. I was too young for my first two, but no regrets having them close in age. I also got married at 18, I love my husband dearly, but would of love to have time for my self before marriage and children because I put my life on hold to raise my children and be a wife. I have had no time to know what it would of been like to live on my own and do what I want. Raising two children close in age was a blessing they played together and were best of friends as teenagers and adults. My Third child was a Blessing... I had more time for her and our life was stable at that time. She is now 20 and in college, but I feel and felt really old compared to her friends parents, in School and College. Alot of parents thought we were her grandparents, grrrrrr. I told all 3 of my daughters to live life and do what they want before marriage and children because you have no time for your self afterwards, I also feel that you need time with your husband before you have children. I'm 55 and still have no time for me, I now have grandchildren, 2 graddaughters and 3 step-grandchildren. I think that a good age for children is after marriage, now a days this don't happen, between ages 25-30 and you have had time to yourself and with your husband.

2
2 14

Hello, I am a mother of two. I am 30 and my children are 6 and 7. From experience I would say, it's better to plan ahead for children. I think 30 would have been a better age for me to start having children.

1
6 0

I was 29 when I had my firstborn in 1998. I dont have regrets either. I'd rather be mature and settle down than mess up my whole life ahead of me. Having a chld late in life isnt so bad.

1
0 0

You start your family when it is right for you. Don't do it just because someone else wants you to. There is no set age.

1
0 16

I think age 28 is good, even though I started at age 19, I would of waited to experience life and do more like travel, become more stable financially but I don't regret my son at all...

1
0 0

30

1
2 4

I was 22 with my first, 25 with my second and 32 with my third.

20 0

i had my son when i was 27. It was and is still financially difficult to raise a kid when both my husband and i are still at graduate school. But, my life cannot be any better than this. I immigrated to the states for my husband, and now i truly feel i have a family here and no longer lonely.

0
1

suck your mum

0
23 0

Both my daughters met their future husbands at school when they were 11. One was the son of the headmistress and the other was the son of a teacher.
I was married at 24 and had my first child when I was 25.
Both my daughters married when they were 22 and one had her first daughter 9 months and 5 days after they were married and the other was 11 months after she was married.
In both cases the first boyfriends became their future husbands.
I think the both husbands parents were a bit shocked to become grandparents in their early 50's and myself and my husband were still in our 40's.
People have said my daughters are far too young to be mothers and also 11 was too early an age to decide theirfuture husbands.
What I say is they are now happy and at least they were married when they got pregnant be it only 5 days in the one case.
All grandparents have however helped financially.

Marcia

0
83 13

i think there are pros and cons. i had my baby at 20 and now i am 23, i think i very mature for my age and i don't mind sacrificing some fun and going out, even if sometimes it's hard. it's important to still get some time for yourself but i have a clear ideas of what my priorities...i see lots of moms, very young or a little older, that don't care to spend quality time with their children and rather go out and leave the kids with a babysitter...it depends on points of view...
i am happy to have my baby but sometimes i miss my freedom a little...
i realise that at 35 you have had more exepriences and more time to have fun so you could offer a good life to your baby but i am 23 and trying my best..i think i'm succeding though :)
i'm happy this way
(p.s. still don't like the 15 sl**ts that fall pregnant as a sport)

0
0 2

I think that early twenties is the best age to start a family, because physically and mentally you are more healthy to withstand all that motherhood brings:) I had my first when I was 23 and youngest at 29, I did not have the same tolerance or energy 6 years later. Which I think is unfair to put off having a family for your own 'selfish' needs or desires....when I have that better jobor climb the ladder a little further with my career-the list is endless!

0
0 0

what is a good age, there is no good age. I was 34, when we had our 1st, now mom of 3, and thinking about #4 at almost 40. I enjoyed having my 20's to myself and being able to find myself during that time. So when I had my family I had a better understanding of what I wanted for me and my family. The only down fall is energy. I had much more energy ( in my 20's) then now and find myself very tired at the end of the day. But I must add, I work, home-school and take care of my home. My home was spotless at one time, but now it can become a mess, but I have learned that u do not get that time back to love, laugh, teach, hold, and play with your kids. Have your child at what ever age u want and enjoy every minute of being a mom, that even means the moment u find out u r with child, because at that moment u r a mom caring for your child. I will also add, even though u might have more wisdom and more set in some areas having child later in life, u will always have money issues, child care issues, working hour issues, etc, no matter 20, 30, 40, the issues are the same.

0
21 6

34 is the best age. You know who you are and what you can give a child. You tend to own a home and have already traveled and lived a life, without wonders.

0
0 0

I think 26 is a good age. I waited til 30 it was too long

0
10 18

You dont even look like your over 30....you look young....whats your secret? I am 32 and look like I am 40.....feel old....lol

10 18

I started my family when I was 21, that was a big mistake for me, I felt Like I had not had time to prepare to raise my family right. I am 32 now, and feel if I were to start al over I would have started when I was 26 because I feel that that was my age of maturity. I feel that age 32 is too late to be having a family, at my age your family should already be established.

-4
0 1

Usually, I try to stay out of these types of debates but I feel like someone needs to step up and give some positive insight about starting a family at a young age. I am 27 and have four beautiful children between the ages of 8 and 2 and I wouldn't have it any other way. My husband and I were married when I was 18 and he 20 and I have always stayed at home with our children, we now homeschool them as well. We purchased our first home when I was 19, built our second when I was 23 and we have never depended on anyone but my husband for our finacial security. We believe that with every baby comes its own blessing and the lord has always provided my husband with extra work when things get a little tight. And imagine... all that with out a college degree... who would have thought a couple of high school grads could accomplish so much ;). My husband is now enrolled in college full time and we are both glad that he waited to go to college, this way he already has job experience and knows exactly what he wants to do. I'm getting a better education now than I ever did in public high school by homeschooling my children and following along with my husbands studies. Who says that you have to have a piece of paper from a college to be educated? Learning can be a lifestyle and it should be. Don't you ladies know, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world? I haven't given up my life to have children, they've given me a purpose in life. Just last year we packed up the fam and took a cross country trip in our suburban. We saw and camped in the most amazing places and we got to watch that look of amazement spread across the faces of our children countless times, if that's not life then I don't know what is. You don't have to well off to do things or take trips, you just have to be willing to do it in a way that fits your budget. While my friends are 35 and just starting their families, my oldest will be a junior in high school and old enough to babysit if I need her too (not against her will) or run errands for me. I'm young and therefore I have all the energy required for raising young children and even better, when my grandchildren are born I'll still have the energy and youthfulness to keep up with them as well. I will get to enjoy playing with and meeting my great grandchildren, something you're just probably not going to get to do if you wait until your 30's or 40's to have children. My husbands grandmother once told me that no matter how old you are, you will never actually be grown up or feel grown up... There will never be a point in your life where you decide, I think I'll stop growing now, I know all that I need to know. So to end my post... Don't wait... It's shame to waste youth on things like nights out to "party" or making sure you have "career" built up before you "ditch" your life for a bunch of snotty noses. Child rearing is a "career", its the most rewarding one.