What's a great destination for a family vacation in Australia?

25 0

Thredbo - it's absolutely beautiful - skiing in Winter, bushwalking, bike riding, tennis and just hanging out in the beautiful Australian bush. It's man from Snowy River country - rugged, crisp, wild.

1
0 0

Mornington Peninsula of course!

0
0 0

Australia has so much to offer! We really love the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. The beautiful beaches and laid back vibe are amazing. A short drive away is the hinterland with lots of national parks and beautiful bushwalks to go on.

0
0 0

I love the South Coast of NSW, in particular the Huskisson/Jervis Bay area. The beaches are gorgeous and it's a nice quiet area for those of you who aren't real keen on the hustle and bustle of the busier areas!

0
0 0

Noosa is a beautiful part of the world to visit. It has the most amazing beach, incredible food and amazing hotels.

0
45 13

We love Airlie Beach!We are very out doorsey and love the beach and the welcoming small beach side town feel.There is heaps for families to do and it is the gateway too so many of our wonderful Islands!!!!

0
0 0

Anywhere on the coast. If you add water kids will have a ball.

However if it's the middle of winter add animals into the mix eg a farm stay.

0
0 0

We live on Sydney's northern beaches so our whole life is a vacation. Apart from here, Port Stephens is beautiful.

0
0 0

I think that the Sunshine Coast in South East Queensland is a beautiful spot for a family holiday. Lots of sun and surf and very relaxed. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops around to keep the adults happy and there are also great parks for the kids to play at (while not at the beach!). A few locations we particularly like are Cotton Tree (Maroochydore) and Mooloolaba.

0
0 0

I am from London originally and I now live in Sydney which I think is a fantastic place for a family holiday. Sydney is so beautiful and there are so many things to do. You could take a ferry to Manly, visit famous Bondi beach, take a water taxi to Watsons Bay, go on the Ferris Wheel at Luna Park, see the animals at Taronga Zoo, climb the Harbour Bridge, kayak on the harbour, see a play at the Opera House, watch a movie at the Moonlight Cinema at Centennial Park...the list goes on and on! I have heard that Noosa in Queensland is amazing, can't wait to see for myself.

0
0 0

I have to say the Gold Coast. I grew up next to the golden sands of these glorious beaches and feel privileged to see my girls doing the same thing now. There are so many beautiful places to explore, whether it be at the beach or a rain forrest setting, the Gold Coast has it all. Theme Parks, National Parks, hideaways, getaways. Glorious sun filled days. And you don't need to spend a fortune, all you need is a blanket and a picnic and you can sit by the sea and enjoy the view while you eat.

0
0 0

Wow, I'd love to say all of it! We're so lucky here, there are so many different landscapes and places to explore that you could literally explore Australia for an entire lifetime and not see everything!

I have such a soft spot for places in each state, so I'll give a run down on what there is on offer:

Queensland is a great choice, with theme parks, rainforest and hinterland and amazing beaches and culture, not to mention the Irwin Family's Australia Zoo. It also has a thriving outback region so families can make the most of all facets of Australia in a single holiday if they choose.

New South Wales is home to icons such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House along with Bondi Beach. The Mid North Coast of NSW offers spectacular beaches, the North Coast hosts the iconic Byron Bay and inland NSW showcases some of the most beautiful farming landscapes the country has to offer, along with Western Plains Zoo at Dubbo and the most friendly country charm.

Victoria just isn't complete without a road trip down the Great Ocean Road. Surf at iconic Bells Beach, visit the 12 Apostles, the gorgeous city of Melbourne, Luna Park, Ballarat Gold Fields, amazing hinterland experiences, and even snow.

The Northern Territory is a spectacular, spiritual state that highlights some amazing Aboriginal Culture, artworks, communities and tours. Kakadu National Park is a must see, with crocs in the wild and rock art that's just spectacular. Uluru just has to be mentioned. Driving up to this breath taking rock just seems surreal, and it's textures are like nothing else. Alice Springs is an iconic town all of it's own with surrounding landscapes that just beg to be explored. Darwin is a bustling multicultural city with plenty of wildlife parks and experiences for the kids.

South Australia is so pretty! It offers a lovely range of experiences with special mention to the ability to stay in an underground motel and take tours through opal mines. The coastline is stunning, with green mountain ranges on one side, and aqua oceans on the other. Adelaide is a city of culture and heritage and a beautiful place to explore. Kangaroo Island is a spectacular paradise and highly recommended.

While we haven't been to Western Australia yet it's at the top of our must do list. Broome is a place that you arrive at and don't want to leave, from all accounts we've heard from fellow travellers. Australians are currently fighting hard to keep mining away from the amazing Kimberley region which is home to fossilised dinosaur footprints and endangered species, not to mention the stunning Kimberley gorges and scenery. Perth is the capital city, and the Margaret River wine region is a must for food and wine lovers.

Tasmania is a wildlife lovers sanctuary. With stunning nature walks, scenery and brillantly preserved old growth forests there's lots to do in Tassie for nature lovers. We haven't been yet, but have heard it's easy to fall in love with!

0
0 0

We love taking our family on holidays anywhere along the coast of WA. Our recent holidays have been to Ledge Point, Leeman and Dongara. There is nothing better than taking our family to a beautiful beach and spending the entire day there playing in the water and building sandcastles.

0
2 0

Australia is a nation full of wondrous variety & diverse experiences which caters for all kinds of holidaying families.
We recently camped in the Northern Territory in the notorious Kakadu National Park. It was remote, raw, spiritual and nature filled. We enjoyed hiking, observing ancient Aboriginal rock art and swam under the most spectacular natural waterfalls. We felt so free there and our toddler was continuously content and stimulated. It was our best family holiday yet!

If we want a getaway somewhere a little more local (we live in Victoria) then we head up The Great Ocean Road and turn off the beaten track to the scenic and tranquil campsite at Blanket Bay. It's where the Australian bush meets the sea. It's spectacular! It's also close to the Cape Otway Lighthouse for exploring and the iconic Great Ocean Road, which is a must see for all visitors.

0
0 0

Absolutely hands down, Rottnest Island off the coast of Perth in Western Australia. What's not to love about an island where the main method of transportation is bicycles and foot power - the only cars and buses allowed belong to the authorities. Fantastic, family friendly beaches surround the most picturesque of places that even has its own unique wildlife - Quokkas. Great cafes, eateries and all necessary ammenties right there on Rottnest. Accomodation styles range from camping; cabins; bungalows; to fully furnished units and luxury hotel rooms at the Lodge. There are no privately owned dwellings or housing on the entire of Rottnest, it is all regulated and maintained by the Island Authority. Such an awesome and relaxing place to visit, all year round and by all ages.

0
0 0

Definately the north of Western Australia. Pick your spot but it will always be sunny, warm and with a gorgeous coastline!
We like to head to Shark Bay as a family. Lots to see and do, a beautiful foreshore and park area and Monkey Mia so close.

0
0 0

Anywhere that has a beach! We are so blessed in Australia to be surrounded by some of the world's most beautiful and inspiring natural wonders. A popular holiday destination for tourists and Australians is Queensland boasting beautiful beaches, tropical islands, protected rainforests and fabulous amusement parks.

0
0 0

Broome in Western Australia is the perfect place for a family vacation. Everybody is relaxed and running on 'Broome Time' and you are hours away from any sign of hustle and bustle. Broome is famous for its pearls, sunsets and beautiful beaches. What more could you ask for?

0
0 0

It would have to be the Whitsundays in Queensland. The areas around Palm Cove and Port Douglas are lovely with lots to do, with swimming, snorkeling and cruises around the Great Barrier Reef. You then have Cairns 20 minutes away where there is plenty of shopping, restaurants and cafes.

However in saying all this, anywhere in Queensland is ideal, from the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast, sun, sea and sand, pretty much all year round!

The enticement of theme parks will have kids loving the Gold Coast, or the thought swimming and long white beaches would have families flocking to Noosa or Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.

0
0 0

Australia has some amazing destinations for families, it is difficult to pick one, but I will choose the NSW South Coast, as it is a family favourite. The south coast (around 4 hours from Sydney) is absolutely stunning, a place where the vibrant green countryside meets the transparent blue ocean. Each and every country town you come across is brimming with the best local produce for you to sample, from wine, to meat pies and everything in between. When you aren't perusing the local delights you will be down on the beach, lapping up the sunshine and watching the kids play in the salty blue water. It is a great idea to pack a 4WD and go camping to find your own patch of paradise. Bounce the 4WD along the sandy beaches, or head along a bush track where you’re bound to spot a kangaroo. The south coast is one place where you can experience some of the most beautiful and peaceful spots Australia has to offer.

0
0 0

We love the Gold Coast in Queensland. My boys would choose to go there every holiday if we could. It has theme parks which caters for all ages, plus beautiful beaches and amazing weather.

0
2 0

I'm a big advocate of heading out to rural and remote parts of Australia. They are our best kept secret. Having said that, I also love northern QLD and Byron Bay!

0
0 0

Have a mini holiday in your own state. That way you omit the dramas of flying, dragging car seats and prams on planes! Book a 2 bed apartment at a beach you've always wanted to visit but never got around to. We did it in Feb, we had an apartment right on the beach only an hours drive away from home and it was a fantastic get away without having to go too far away.

0
0 0

I feel like I have to say somewhere in my own state, so I'll go with Broome for the balmy tropical palm tree lovers, or Margaret River and the general South West region for the forrest, greenery and - most importantly - WINERY lovers.

I'd welcome visitors, but I don't do that much house cleaning for anyone. Except George Clooney. George, if you're reading this, I can have the house void of all signs of family life within 24 hours, but only for you.

0
0 0

Australia is truly an amazing place for a family vacation, it is hard to just pick the one destination. However there is just something truly magical about experiencing the amazing crystal blue waters and beautiful marine life at our Great Barrier Reef in Queensland. It is one 'must do' destination for all families.

0
19 96

There areso many great destinations but one I would recommend is Far North Queensland, especially if you can get out to the Great Barrier Reef. There is so much to do and there is something for everyone. Visit coffee houses, waterfalls where you can swim. Travel the Skyrail in Cairns up to Kuranda and spend the day seeing what it has to offer. Then catch the train back. What kid wouldn't love that.
Another favourite way we love to travel is on a cruise ship. There are a few that do cruises around Australia so all the ports are Australian and there is so much to see.

0
0 0

I love Adelaide. It has beautiful beaches to swim at, good shopping for mums, but there is always the opportunity to head into the hills and wine country too.

0
0 0

I honestly think you could go anywhere in Australia for a great holiday. It's a great country (in both senses of the word!) and there is so much to do. As a Sydneysider I would have to recommend my city - Sydney!. Beautiful beaches, a world famous zoo, great water parks, and some great shopping for mum!

0
0 10

Somewhere that doesn't cost the earth and is relaxing for everyone, including the parents! Our last holiday was a road trip up the WA coast to visit the in-laws and I would definitely recommend anywhere with built in sitters (like the grandparents) or a kids club so Mum and Dad can get some adult time too. Our fave place on the trip was Coral Bay as its beach was just perfect for the kidlets. I would absolutely LOVE to get to Queensland with the family as well, be it the Gold Coast or the tropical north. It all looks so kid-friendly and fantastic.

0
0 15

I love Queensland! We have the most beautiful beaches in the world - some are busy and thriving cities like the Gold Coast, or some are pristine, and quiet little towns that are still waiting to be developed. For me, the Great Barrier Reef is an ideal destination for any family.

0