What's a great gift parents can give teachers?

0 0

I think the best gift is a letter of appreciation from the child or parent. If you feel the need to get a gift, stick to gift cards. A majority of teachers have enough mugs to fill a coffee shop. Another idea is to do a class gift. One parent collects money from all the students and then buys one large American Express Gift Card from the class. If you have a Flip video recorder, go to your child's lunch and create a video Christmas card to give to the teacher. Have each child say Merry Christmas and why they are Thankful for their teacher.

1
0 0

Teachers love handmade cards from their students. Gift cards and certificates for classroom supplies are also highly appreciated. Teachers often spend at craft stores for all levels of interactive hands-on learning. Office supply stores also supply needed classroom supplies such as pencils, colored pencils, markers, paper, folders, laminating products, etc. However, in the end the most precious gift is knowing that he or she is appreciated. Enjoy your holiday season!

1
0 0

As an avid book collector, I always appreciate a gift card to Amazon or a local bookstore. I am always adding new books to our classroom library.

0
0 0

People say gift cards are too impersonal, but I would have to disagree! A gift card to Target, Barnes and Noble, Visa gift card, etc. are great gifts for teachers. It lets the teacher know he/she is appreciated (no matter how big or small) and gives the teacher the freedom to choose whether the card can be applied towards the many classroom purchases made throughout the year or for personal use. If you want to do something personal, I've seen parents send a menu of lunch choices for the teacher which hey use to bring the teacher a special lunch. I think useful things are the best. (I'm the dorky teacher that loves special pens and other office supplies too!) Whatever you choose...it's just nice to know you care.

0
0 0

My favorite gift I have ever gotten was an ornament that one of my students painted for me. I put it on my tree every year and it makes me smile. Because teachers spend so much money throughout the year, gift cards to the teacher store, office depot, wal mart, etc. is always appreciated. I always get way too much candy that I am way too tempted to eat. :) I think with anything, teaches just love feel being appreciated. We hope that parents understand how much we love and care for their children every day. Merry Christmas!

0
1 0

Teachers are just like many other busy MOMS! Any gift of TIME can be a wonderful and unique present. Extra curriculum ideas, classroom music CD's, etc. all help reduce the amount of time spent "out of the classroom" looking for new ideas and resources to use with our students. Gift certificates for family meals (esp. on those days where we have PT conferences, late supervision for extra events, etc.) can be a lifesaver! Any gift of needed classroom supplies also helps reduce the "out of pocket" money spent by many teachers due to lack of funding for appropriate materials. Many teachers keep scrapbooks for each year of teaching. Have your child make a card and sign his/her name. It will be a treasured keepsake for many years to come!

0
0 0

Over the years I have received a variety of gifts from students, mainly during Christmas and Teacher Appreciation week. The gifts I have received include: candy, gift certificates, teaching supplies, notes of appreciation, framed class pictures, Christmas ornaments/decorations and more. Anything is nice to receive since I certainly don't expect it! I love to hear that I have made a difference in someone's life!

0
0 0

Teachers always love heartfelt thank you notes. Gift cards are also appreciated. Ask your child what hobbies or things their teacher is interested. You'll be surprised what your child knows . For example, what kind of drink their teacher always has on their desk. Good jumping off points would be to Target, Staples, Starbucks, Walmart, or bookstores. One of my favorite things to get from a student is a book. I always have the child write their name and date on the inside so I can always remember them.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season!

0
9 0

I teach in a school where the majority of the students live at or below the poverty level, so I don't expect gifts at all. However, there have been a few very memorable gifts that I have loved. I had a child pick out the next in a series of books we had been reading and bring it to me as a gift for our whole class - you absolutely cannot go wrong with a gift of a book - especially if it relates to something you've been doing in class! Homemade cards or ornaments are always a big hit too - I love those personal touches, and I keep them and bring them out year after year.
This year I had a house fire in April and some of my parents remembered and have started brining in spare Christmas ornaments to help us decorate our tree since we lost almost all of our Christmas stuff. It won't be a fancy matchy tree - but it will be the most beautiful tree ever since it is decorated with such thoughtfulness and caring!

0
0 0

As a teacher, I love gifts from the heart. I usually don't get gifts because of my school populations but I do get things like a simple "Thank you" from parents, hugs, and handwritten notes. These mean more than parents buying me something.

Happy Holidays

0
0 0

Teachers love gift cards. Almost any gift cards. Gift cards to Walmart, bookstores, especially Amazon.com. I love gift cards.

0
0 0

I love getting student made ornaments (include the child's name and year). It is so fun to look back each year and remember the little lives you been a part of.

I seriously can NEVER have enough office supplies, so I love getting gift cards for Staples or Walmart.

It is also well known that teachers can NEVER have enough books. A gift card to Amazon is awesome. I like to write inside of the book, "This book was purchased by_____" and I put the name of the student who made it possible.

Best of all? Cards and notes written by my students...the BEST!

0
0 0

I have taught in 3 different school systems and have gotten different types of gifts...from a half used bottle of Avon perfume to a $50 gift card! But like the other teachers who have commented, a nice note always makes me smile. I have gotten some of the best notes...ones that help you remember just why you became a teacher in the first place! If I had to choose a gift...definitely a gift card for someplace like Target, Wal-Mart, Movies, or restaurant. I'm not a coffee drinker, so be sure to check on that!

Happy Holidays!

Hilary
Rockin' Teacher Materials

0
0 0

I am going to keep it real.... and tell you some of the favorite gifts I have gotten...SHARPIES are always nice!!!! There is NOT a teacher in this world that would NOT love a bouquet of COLORFUL sharpies!!! Giftcards are good choices too!!!! ONE THING I do suggest is to make sure your teacher likes coffee before investing in a "coffee" store giftcard!!! Don't get me wrong...I love the thought and my dad thanks you too because he LOVES coffee!!! Lottery scratch offs...yeah and I won $10 bucks!!! Cute lanyards are good too!!! I was really jealous one year, because the teacher across the hall had a mom that sent her a Favorites Survey... AND THEN all year my teacher friend got all kinds of personal goodies off of her Favorites Survey!!!! in all seriousness....REALLY any gift from my kiddos...comes from the heart and that makes my heart sing!!!

0
0 0

I usually do not get many gifts from parents any time of the year, due to the area I teach. That said, I love and appreciate every gift that is given. I know that the family has gone out of their way to think of me. My favorite gifts are cards and words of thanks.

As a parent, I try to give my son's daycare providers a gift that my son has helped to make; usually it is a batch of cookies. Other times, he has helped to write his name on the cards we send to school. I try to include him as much as possible.

0
0 0

I can honestly say that as a first grade teacher, ten years and counting, my favorite holiday gift is a thank you card. There is nothing better than a parent taking the time to sit and write a card or letter expressing how much they appreciate my efforts. I keep them in a "smile file" and pull them out on those rough teacher days! If a gift card to a store or coffee shop happens to accompany that card-that is great, too! I love gift cards, even $5.00 ones! I especially love when they are NOT to a teacher store! That way I can buy myself a little something and not feel guilty about it! Happy Holidays!

Other faves: offer to bring me lunch in January-that is a crazy month! books for the class! an IOU for a cup of coffee delivery!

Not so fun: anything that smells.....candles, lotion, perfume, etc. Scents are personal and you just never know!

0
0 0

Although it sounds pretty cliche, I really do love the personal notes of thanks during the holiday season. If you insist on purchasing us something, I would suggest gift cards. We tend to spend lots of money on our classroom, so if we can use a gift card to do that, it would be great. Some suggestions for a specific place? Coffee shops, Walmart, Target or Staples are all places that teachers tend to become regulars!

0