What's a great indoor activity for kids that doesn't make a huge mess?

0 0

If your kids are like my kids, they can find a way to make a mess out of seemingly nothing. So. that being said, I am a ZumbAtomics and a ZUmba instructor in my spare time. In my ZumbAtomics classes, we play a dance game that everyone adores and it is easy to play at home: Dancing Statues. Put on some dancing tunes. Stop the music and have the kids freeze in position. The first statue buyer (from an exotic location) presses the nose of the statue she/he wishes to see dance. The statue comes to life and dances (turn back on music) until the buyer claps his/her hands and the statue freezes in place again (pause music). This continues until the buyer has viewed all of the dancing statues. The buyer then decides which one to take home to his/her exotic mansion. The statue that was purchased now becomes the next buyer.

2
0 0

It's really hard to have an indoor activity that doesn't make a huge mess, but my little ones do love Ring-Around-the-Rosie and Hide-n-Seek. I love Hide-n-Seek because they love to hide, which means mommy has time to throw together dinner or a load of laundry in the machine!. :)

1
0 0

If it involves arts and crafts or cooking/baking it's sure to generate a huge mess - our youngest is nicknamed "pig-pen" for a reason! So our favorite no-mess activity is having a dance party. Our 2 girls love it when we turn on music and allow them to dance on our bed and we love watching them - it's hilarious and entertaining.

1
0 0

if ur kid love to draw n color that's the best way ............. other is to play with them as ludo carom other toys n other...........

0
13 11

go to kidscancook.ca they offer cooking parties and classes for kids 5 years old and up!

call them 905 464 1042

AGAIN for a great party where you can make a yummy recipe with all the fixings go to www.kidscancook.ca

You - commented on Feb 11, 2012

http://www.wix.com/kidscancook7/haltondeals#!store I just found and bought great items from this site: http://www.wix.com/kidscancook7/haltondeals#!store Copy and paste this link. HaltonDeals

0
0 35

We love to wet watercolor. It sounds messy. But, really, the only thing that is wet is the paper and the pictures that come from it are soft, sweet and soothing. My high-strung oldest found this a favorite way to calm down and often asks to do it when she is having trouble relaxing.

0
1 61

When my children, now 23 and 26 were growing up, I never let them play with Play-Dough. Now that I am a grandma raising 2 more, I don't know how to do without it. With their own rolling pins and cake pans, they keep it all on the table really well. No floor messes. It's great. Coloring is another great one. Even my 3-year old grandson does a good job. And they all know to put the crayons back in the big can when they are done!

0
0 0

The kids love making potholders with the plastic looms and stretch fabric loops. Sometimes the loops can fall all over and get a bit messy but since they are large and dry, it makes for a VERY easy cleanup. We keep a covered plastic bin with a loom for each of the kids and plenty of fabric loops. They love it and their finished potholders make great gifts and are super useful- I use mine in the kitchen all the time!

0
0 2

Although traditionally a messy activity, my daughter loves play doh, and I saw at preschool last week that the kids were playing with play doh, but they had it on top of a lid from one of those big plastic storage bins, almost using it like a tray. We tried this at home, and she didn't get any on the floor and I just wiped down the lid when she was done!

0
0 0

Yep, we play a lot of hide and seek! Also, sometimes I put my kids in the tub with paints and a brush. Then any mess can be rinsed away once they are done! the kids still get to paint and I don't have a huge mess to clean up :)

0
3 0

LEGO! Well, Duplo blocks right now. We have a giant bin in the living room and while stray pieces can be a serious safety hazard (WOW does it hurt when you step on one!), clean up almost never involves a damp cloth. Watching my daughter learn about gravity and stable construction is nearly as fascinating for me as it is for her!

0
2 0

Sewing & Knitting Projects (Like Knot blankets) they keep little girl fingers busy for hours and the blankets keep their legs warm in the cold Northwest too!
Baking and Cooking is always good too! You have to cook anyway- just let the kids get involved... guess I can't promise no mess though! :)

0
1 0

fort building using couch cushions & throw blankets is big in our house as is finding and ripping out letters from magazines to make a giant "S" collage for Saige.

0