What's a great present under $30 for a baby (under 18 months)?

Please say if it's good for a boy or a girl or both. Feel free to provide a link if you have one.

5 36

My favorite would be My Pal Violet from Leap Frog. This toy grows with your kids from 4 months of age until 3. Violet connects to the computer so you can customize the music and personalize the learning with your child’s name and favorite food, animal and color. Violet comes with 5 pre-loaded songs. I have seen it from 19.99 and this toy is worth the 20 bucks.

4
11 18

By a landslide, the best gift under 30 bucks we received was Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker. It's our go-to gift for little ones. My daughter (this toy is made for boys too) played with this from the time she was itty-bitty until she finally outgrew it at almost 2, though she still smile when she see it put away in the garage. Not only is this a great push-aid for little ones (I'm certain it helped my girl walk by 10 months), but the front can be removed, so the flashing lights and other games can be enjoyed by a baby who is still in the crawling/sitting up stage. She loved attaching and re-attaching the shapes, and she always cracked up at the animal noises. This toy was by far the best we had, and it's safely put away for future babies :)

Here's where you can find it: http://www.amazon.com/VTech-80-077001-Vtech-Sit-to-Stand-Learning/dp/B0053X62GK/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1321018306&sr=1-3

3
9 2

Teddy bears, blankets, toy cars, baby rattle, basically anything that has a nice texture and makes noise and moves it holds there attention. my son donald is 11 months old he loves mickey mouse clubhouse so every month or so ill buy him a mickey mouse toy it sings it dances ligghts up the whole nine he loves it. he also has this little elmo airplane thing that he can climb up on and sit on it or sometimes he just sits on the floor next to it and plays with the perpellers that spin.

1
0 0

I started thinking about Jude's playroom, this room is full of books, blocks, cars, stuffed animals, and musical instruments. Nothing really stood out as his favorite toy until I asked Jeremy, he immediately said "Scout"! Oh Scout - of course! Jude loves his "Woof" named Scout.

This Leapfrog toy is a lifesaver and has brought a ton of smiles to Jude's face. Scout is so custom, which makes it even better and so worth the $23.00! Scout spells and sings Jude's name and even lists Jude's favorite food (raspberries), favorite color (Green *we guessed lol), and favorite animal (Dog). Jude cuddles and plays with Scout on our road trips to the mountains, this little dog helps Jude get through the 2 hour car ride with no trouble! Oh and lets not forget the songs that Scout sings - oh man those songs make Jude dance around holding Scout in his hands - ADORABLE!

The set up to make Scout "custom" was so easy to do and fast too! We had Scout up and running within 10 minutes! Scout was ready to go and play with Jude. Most parents know that the worst part of talking or singing toys is the obnoxious noise and loud songs BUT one of the best things about Scout is that the noise level isn't crazy! Like I said before, this toy was used in a 2 hour car ride and we were still sane after we arrived to our destination.

We have bought this toy for a couple friends already and it is one item that I will always keep on my "gift list". Scout has provided us all with smiles and fun!

1
9 0

My 5 month old LOVES his bibs and burp clothes...anything he can wrap his hands around and stick in his mouth. It may be the cheapest gift but it keeps him entertained for a LONG LONG time. :)

0
6 5

The gift of college, put money in the child's 529 Plan.

0
5 21

Spin Around Spin Around
18 months - 5 years. Children will love to spin and spin as they turn the steering wheel. Adult assembly is required due to small parts. For children up to 45 lbs.

Price: $24.95

0
2 0

i would say his favorite cartoon character the talk or has music coming out
if it.

0
2 24

Blankets-- My little guy LOOOOVES playing with anything soft and fuzzy!!

Things that squeak or make annoying sounds--usually something easily turned off for my sanity, and easy to push again for baby's enjoyment.

BOOKS!!!-- I don't know about ALL babies, but MY baby LOVES chewing on cardboard and looking at pictures, putting them together is basically toy heaven for him!!

http://mothermopher.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-i-was-asked-about-baby-toys-and.html

0
0 0

The Fisher Price Rock-A-Stack is the most basic of toys that's been around forever and yet it still a stimulating and fun toy for both baby girls and boys. My nearly 11 month old twin girls can't get enough of stacking and unstacking the rings! They also enjoy holding a ring in each hand and banging them together.

Samantha from cherrypietwins.blogspot.com

0
0 0

At $9.95, there is no better value, and no cuter toy, than International Plaything's Hide & Squeak Eggs. The shell tops are painted with graphic expressions, and they 'crack' open to reveal six different colored chicks. Pressing down on the chicks makes them peep. The bottom of the shells have a shape, allowing the carton to also become a shape sorter. I got them for my youngest right before his first birthday. He's gone from loving to take off the tops, to making the chicks peep, to now working on shape sorting. Very sturdy, totally portable due to the carton, and so stinking cute.
http://www.amazon.com/International-Playthings-1581-Hide-Squeak/dp/B00068Q7LC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321059642&sr=8-1

0
0 0

I loved the Fisher Price 2-in-1 Snug Secure swing. Young babies under age 2 sometimes have a hard time sitting in a regular swing seat. Couple that with the fact that you may not have a full-fledged play set in your backyard yet and you see the great value of this swing. It's under $30 and you can hang it anywhere - from a porch beam, from a tree limb, you name it. It keeps baby secure with the T-bar and also grows with your child (up to 48 months). A great (and inexpensive) present for those who need their first outside swing!

Here's the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308742

0
0 0

I love my Vtech Sit-to-Stand learning farm! It plays music, sings, lights up, teaches colors, words, shapes, and numbers, and doubles as a walker for my 10 month old baby boy, Henry. Originally he could play with it while sitting up (you can detach the interactive "face" and lay it on the floor or on a table, and the "face" even has a handle so it's easy to carry). Now that he has learned to stand, cruise, and walk with it, he loves pushing it around the house while it plays music. I believe it played a big part in him learning to pull himself up to a stand, and he should be walking on his own very soon thanks to the walker portion of it! There's also a little door that he can open and close that says "Peekaboo! I see you!" that he triggers about 50x a day. He LOVES peekaboo. This toy occupies at least 50% of his play time when he is at home, and it isn't so annoying that I've been secretly wishing for it to break (some of his other toys were not so lucky). I highly recommend it for any babies who are just learning to sit up, because it will last you at least until they are walking!

0