What's a great source to buy formal clothing for children?

0 0

If you need a formal attire on a budget - the best source is http://www.cookieskids.com/. An enormous selection of very decent looking and very affordable sets outfitted with vest and ties in every color.
For hip flair and pieces you could easily dress down - definitely Zara. If you decide to shop flash sales sites, like Zulily or the Mini Social you have to be very careful with your timing and order at least a month in advance. Just to make sure you have your clothes arrive in time.
E-bay is always a great option to search for formal clothing that was maybe worn once.
Retro shorts suits are all the rage for the little boys this season and Tom & Drew offer an amazing selection in the most sumptuous pastels.

1
7 70

The ideal source would be to borrow. After all, young children will only wear formal attire once, maybe twice, before they outgrow it. If any friends or family who have children a bit older or of the same age have kept their kiddos' formal wear, take advantage (and return in excellent condition, of course). If it's an occasion you'd like to have the attire to keep for yourself, for sentimental reasons or to pass down, it never hurts to shop consignment first. Goodwill and Salvation Army have high standards for the clothing they will sell, and always a variety. Ross, Kohl's, JC Penney, and Old Navy are great chain stores to save a little, while Children's Place, Gymboree, and locally owned boutiques are generally more pricey but have a lot of style.

1
0 8

Every Easter and Christmas we dress the kids in formal outfits and now we have an Aunt getting married next year we are on the lookout for formal outfits. Best places we have found is Ross when they go below $15 for the full outfit for boys including belt! We've also gotten a great deal at Burlington Coat Factory for $10 for full dress suits but the best place we have gotten full dress suits for our boys has been Kohl's at 95% off paying $7 for full outfits best time to find them is after Easter but before Mothers day and after grandparents day we buy 1 size up for the following year. As for little girl dresses we have found the best deals at Macy's on their secret day sales. our daughter is set for a few years since you can't beat $1.99 dress retail value $89 and up. Kohl's has a great value when you find them for less than $5. My bridesmaid dresses came from Macy's and only cost $12 on clearance retail was over $80.

1
1 0

My suggestion would be http://www.blacknbianco.com I have bought from them before and they offer really great prices and the quality very will made especially at their price point.

0
1

Kidznstyle.com has a good variety of Boys and Girls Formal Wear. The prices are very good and they usually have them in a wide variety of sizes.

http://blog.kidznstyle.com/

0
0 0

I would highly suggest you check out http://www.blacknbianco.com They have a great selection of children's formal wear, like boys suits, boys tuxedos, and flower girl dresses.

Boys Suit and Boys Tuxedo

0
0 0

We're fortunate to live in a neighborhood just outside Toronto that is a destination for shopping for formal wear for children. In our immediate area, we have tons of choices including my 3 favorites:

Zero 20 Bambini : This store is a longtime favorite. They always stock great formal attire including beautiful items for Communions, Confirmations and Baptisms. http://www.zero20.com

Designer Kids Wear : The name says it all! This store carries an amazing selection of designer goodies for little ones including brands such as Burberry, Armani Jr., Diesel, and Hugo Boss. My go to on Boxing Day for their 50% sale. http://www.designerkidswear.ca

Bubbles Boutique : This is a newer store that stocks some sweet children's brands including Ella Moss and Ike Behar. http://www.bubbles4children.ca

0
63 41

Burlington Coat Factory! They have adorable suits & beautiful dresses for all ages & the prices are very reasonable. Both of my daughters got their Communion dresses there (veils & all for under $50). They carry the American Princess & Cinderella brands of dresses, which are absolutely beautiful! We've gotten many Christmas outfits for my sons & daughters there, too. They even carry Christening outfits. We have also found some nice Christmas & Easter outfits at Marshall's & Ross, but I don't think they have as good of a selection as BCF. I usually get dress shoes at Kohls, Target or Payless, though.

My now 8 yr old son gets very picky about his suits (from color to accessories) & he has had plenty of options at BCF over the last 3 years. From style to color, they have a pretty good selection.

0
2 1

For formal clothing wear for children - my go to source is ETSY! Gotta love an eclectic mix with varied prices where you can find a unique and custom handmade piece for any formal occasions!

0
0 0

Janie and Jack has gorgeous, classic clothing for kiddos. The beautiful, smocked pieces remind me of the kinds of outfits my mama used to dress me in when I was a kiddo! Although, they aren't inexpensive, they're the kind of pieces that will hold up and can be passed down. And there's always the sale section!

0
0 1

There are some beautiful independent kids fashion designers creating clothing for children that will work for more formal occasions, but not make them look like department store clones!

Tutu du Monde is a gorgeous line developed by fashion designer Andrea Rembeck - her pastel-colored tutus and two-pieces feature easy-wear cotton with hand-sewn sequins and feather details, and of course lots of tulle that will get use beyond the special occasion. The collection's sequin capelets are stunning and would suit a more glamorous event: http://tutudumonde.com.au/

Vintage-themed weddings are trending right now; look for longer lengths, lace, relaxed bows, feathers and ruffles for little flower girls. Tea Princes has a romantic Special Occasion collection that fits the bill: http://www.teaprincessspecialoccasion.com.au/index2.php#!/{home}

For something even more polished, look for good tailoring and beautiful fabrics (like Liberty's of London). The handmade clothes from Sophie's Lane feature beautiful cuts, beautiful fabric, and extra details like pin-tucking, fabric-covered buttons and bows: http://blog.stephbond.com/2010/02/stylish-kids-sophies-lane.html

Clothes that fit perfectly look expensive - whether it's a loved hand-me-down, a bargain buy, or a tailored design, make sure that the clothes fit your child perfectly and they will look a million dollars.

0
2 1

We get a lot of my sons formal wear from Kohl's. The price is right {there's always a sale!} and since he grows so fast it's not something that needs to last forever. I love the selection there. We can find various styles ranging from a nice sweater vest and khakis to a suit. I always head there when we need an outfit for a special occasion.

0
14 0

From their very first matching Christmas Outfits to First Communion, THE CHILDREN'S PLACE is my go-to store and e-retailer for formal clothing. (And for all wardrobe needs.) I have been thrilled with every single purchase I have made for my boy - girl twins (now 9 years old) at THE CHILDREN'S PLACE. The prices are great, the styles are classic, sales are always happening online, sizes are accurate, and the clothing is beautiful. And since I have to always buy for a boy and a girl (twins), i love the one-stop shopping which also includes shoes.

I can't think of a better store -- where can you buy bathing suits AND First Communion Dresses at the same time??!!! www.childrensplace.com

0
0 51

I was just having this discussion at my moms dinner last night. For me I don't like over the top pieces so my favorite stores to shop for formal is Crew Cuts. It's stylist pieces and affordable. I have also gotten many pieces at Zara kids too!

0
0 0

Rachel Riley on Madison Avenue in NYC! -Melissa Hawks, The Well Appointed House, LLC

0
0 0

Although my choices change as new stores come I a currently loving Zulily. The choices are amazing and the cost is right on target. You can't beat it. We just bought a dress for a wedding for my daughter. It took her at least an hour to decide on one. She loved so many. The one she chose was perfect. Everyone gasped at her beauty. Gotta love a store that can do that.

0
0 0

I love Hartstings.com for really timeless and classic looks - the type of outfits that are such high quality that they can be handed down to the next little lady or handsome mister.

Cookies Kids online can be a totally awesome resource for finding amazing deals on formal outfits and accessories - but can have a limited selection.

I also just adore the new LoobaLee.com - It's an online consignment type shop, and it's filled with some really high quality. I find lots of the older style Gymboree fashions here - from when the quality and attention to detail on their pieces was totally top notch!

0
0 0

Typically, formal clothing isn't used for many occasions. I once purchased an adorable used tuxedo for my four year old son from a tuxedo rental store for an awesome price.

Also, since I don't live too far away from downtown LA, they have a clothing mart which is great for formal wear.

0
1 0

Consignment stores are an excellent source for kids' formal clothing. Since these are often items they will only be wearing once, it doesn't make sense to sink a lot of money into the purchase. And going along with the "only worn once" theme, many of the items in the consignment store are like new since they were just worn for one occasion. When your even is over, you can return to the store again and resell to recoup a portion of what you paid.

0
0 0

Other families! When my daughter needed an off-white (cream) flower girl dress, I cringed! There are so many stark white choices--not too many off-white options, and all that I found was way more expensive than I wanted to spend for a 2-hour event.

So I posted on my Facebook page that I would buy one from a friend. I had 2 families GIVE us a dress because they didn't know what to do with the one they had!!

Don't be afraid to ask others! You'll find what you need and also save a ton of money in the process!!

0
0 0

http://www.sophiasstyle.com. Large selection, adorable and if you shop at the right times, you can get great deals. I have purchased from here and the clothing is high quality!

0
0 0

European brands like Jacadi, Elephantito and Isabel Garreton make beautiful, classic pieces that stand the test of time and photograph well at events where you know cameras will be out. They are often a splurge at their original prices so look for them on discount sites like Gilt.

0
0 0

I actually got a lot of my formal kids clothes through J C Penney online and Kohl's online. It is hard to find dress clothes for boys unless it is Easter or Christmas but J. C. Penney and Kohl's are pretty good at having dress clothes for boys all season long which I love and I can get pretty good deals on their clothes when they have sales. I got a dress for my daughter for brothers wedding from J. C. Penney a few years ago and got so many complements on it. My son was the ring bearer in my brother in law's wedding and he looked handsome in the suit I got from JCP. Belk is also a good place to find formal wear for me. I got a beautiful gown for my cousin's wedding from there and spent $40 on it. I love that dress.

0
0 0

Don't buy - instead, ask friends, families, or even neighbors if you can borrow! You may also want to consider a Kids Clothing Swap between yourself and friends and others, to save money year round and not just on formal attire :)

0
5 0

I love consignment shops for special occasion wear. Most of it is in great condition because it's only been worn once or twice.

0
0 0

I like to support small businesses first so I always check out the local boutiques and baby shops. I then go online and usually Macy's has some nice things..JC Penneys as well and the price points are good because let's face it this is probably a 1-3 time occassion wearing outfit. Im the mother of 5...4 boys and 1 girl so thankfully I have been able to save some of the nice pieces and pass them down through my girls.

MJ
Lucky 7 Design

0
0 0

Macy's has the best fru-fru dresses hands down! Just make sure to catch them on sale as the regular MSRP is usually pretty high. They have awesome sales bringing prices down some 60% or more. We've gotten several at only $20-$30! Plus, they are very good quality and far outlive the time your child can fit them (great for passing them down or re-selling). Did I mention I even bought my own wedding dress once upon a time at Macy's?

0
60 0

I love to find beautiful dresses for Matilda via Zulilly or Totsy. Sometimes Macy's online as well. But what I love about Zulilly is that you get beautiful clothes for a fraction of the cost. What mom doesn't love that?

0