What's an inexpensive way to make a great family card?

0 0

I so LOVE the Christmas-card-pic...and this one came to me recently, not b/c it's cheap, but b/c it's fun...

Make a large frame...out of wood, cardboard, foam, etc. (The more "rustic" the better for the pic.) Wrap it in a strand of Christmas lights. Have your kids hold it around their faces, slightly skewed...then snap! Everyone will love the creativity AND simplicity!

1
1 15

I think scanning an old childhood photo, especially one that revolved around the holidays, into your computer, and creating a retro picture file with it takes a very special moment and brings it into the present again. There are tons of card stock choices for mounting the photo, get creative with stamps surrounding the photo too if desired, and add a personal message inside. The whole family can do this!

0
6 0

just check http://allsolutionsnetwork.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi/TS31511/moremoney.htm

0
11 24

I dressed my son up in a santa costume we got hand me downed then put him in front of the christmas tree at night and took the pic with my digital camera then used paint shop on the computer to fuzz out the floor to make it look like he was sitting on snow n printed them at walgreens for 8 cents a piece then glued them to red and green construction paper and mailed them as cards!

0
2 0

First, and most importantly, make it fun. It is so important to let your family’s true beauty shine.  You will cherish these moments the rest of your life.  When you love the photos the cards do not seem that expensive.
Here is an idea - Host a gathering (thanksgiving is a great time) of friends and/or family at a park or house (outside natural light is best).  A photo party!   Everyone can dress in their holiday "best" and take turns taking each family's photo.  Or maybe you have a friend that is more talented with the camera and they can take them all.  Either way it can be fun.  Then all you have to do is load it to your favorite online photo gallery.  
Second, take advantage of the group deals like Family Finds and Groupon.  Check out the online photo labs for holiday sales because they are coming (or on right now). Here are some favorites Tiny Prints (starting at $.69), Color Inc Pro Lab (starting at $.29), Picaboo (starting at $.79), shutterfly (starting at $.39) and there are many more.   You don’t have to hunt alone, ask your friends and/or family to join in too. Then share your finds on your favorite social networking site.
Last, stick with the flat cards. They are less expensive and easier to store. I have an album I save my favorites in from every year.
Have a joyous holiday season!!

--

0