What's the one food you could never live without?

0 0

For me, personally? Good cheeses. We always have several in the fridge, and sometimes I miss the days where my kids didn't know what kinds of good cheese Mommy was hiding. I joke to my husband that the one thing we need to take from the European menu is the addition of a cheese course.

For cooking, I can't live without eggs. I use them in everything--baking, quiches, lunch foods, boiled eggs, as a binder in a ton of other recipes. I'm at the point where chickens might be a cost effective investment, except I don't want to raise chickens.

1
0 2

When I read this question aloud my husband immediately answered for me, “Chocolate!” I tried to reason with him and come up with other examples, but always after I mentioned one food, chocolate came up afterwards. I always finish a meal with a bite of chocolate. I use it as a palate cleanser, that and I just love it and will find any reason to make something chocolaty! Popcorn really comes in at a close second though, it's just that after eating it I have to have some chocolate!
I think I would be miserable if for some reason I couldn't eat chocolate anymore. My daughter was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy and I consumed a few tablespoons of peanut butter a day. I never realized it was a staple in my diet until I couldn't eat it anymore. That was difficult and I didn't even "love" it!

1
2 19

Chicken I could give up any meat but chicken.....and cheese....cheese is a meat right?

0
0 0

Oh, man. That's a tough one. I'm going to have to say cheese. Unless it's blue. Blech.
My second choice would be potatoes. I'm a sucker for spuds!

0
0 7

I adore chocolate. Since becoming vegan, I've found a new love for dark chocolate and cacao as my treat.

0
10 12

Chocolate! It's a food group in my world.

0
0 0

bacon. and butter. and bourbon. Is that a food?

0
0 0

Sorry couldn't limit it to one..bread and chocolate!!

0
0 0

Veggies. All kinds. Love them steamed, cooked, raw, etc....

0
0 26

Chocolate or pasta - I absolutely love both and could eat them for every meal for the rest of my life!

0
26 6

Pasta

0
0 0

Bread! I love carbs!

0
0 0

Chocolate. Now I can't have milk chocolate, but have learned to appreciate and enjoy dark chocolate.

0
0 0

I could never live without apples. Can you tell from the picture?! I simply adore apples in every color and size. I eat an apple a day and sometimes two, if my kids take the first one away from me.

Apples contain quercetin,an antioxidant that boosts the immune system. Apples are rich in fiber which helps keep us cleansed and regular, all things that keep the doctor away. I always buy organic apples as they are one of the top 10 produce items to eat organic on most lists due to their high exposure to pesticides. I rinse every apple well too, even if it is organic.

Apples are my go-to-snack when I am running errands. If I need an afternoon pick-up, I pair sliced apples with almond butter. As much as I love to eat apples raw, I equally love to eat them cooked in homemade applesauce, cobblers and pies. I am a sucker for any fruit I can make into a dessert!

0
0 0

There are so many different foods that I love and that I wouldn't want to do without! My father's meat sauce, my mom's banana bread, garlic and onions (which i put in pretty much everything I make), salad, pasta, ice cream...But I think I would be a bit heartbroken if I couldn't have avocados. I just adore their fruity creaminess, as well as their versatility. I often have one for breakfast, with just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some sea salt. Plus, of course, I could eat guacamole with every meal! And if you've never had avocado in a smoothie, you're really missing something. The best thing about avocados is that, in addition to their heavenly taste, they are extraordinarily good for you. As someone who works with moms—many of whom are pregnant or breastfeeding—my blog focuses on whole foods that are not just delicious but also nutrient-dense. Avocados are about as perfect as a food can get. In fact, they were my son's first solid food!

0
1 0

Hmmm, this is a fun question because there are so many different foods I love. But, if I had to narrow it down, I'd say leafy greens. We eat so many leafy greens!! I pop spinach into our morning smoothies; I make an amazing (and super simple) kale salad that everyone around here loves; I am always sautéing whatever leafy green I have on hand to go in frittatas, stir-fries, or lasagnas; and I love making pestos out of whatever greens I have on hand. In addition to being so versatile, leafy greens are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and disease-fighting phytochemicals. They are this yummy powerhouse!

0
1 6

Chobani Greek Yogurt! I add it to so many thing's and I eat it with breakfast most day's :)

0
0 0

Chickpeas

0
0 0

This is going to sound like a weird answer, but I am going with beans! I don't think I could live without beans. When I say beans, I mean any kind of beans. My family eats beans often: in soups, in tacos, burritos, and as a side dish.

I love beans because they are cheap, they taste great, they are very filling are full of nutrients!

0
0 0

That is a loaded question. There are so many foods that I love, so I really can't say one particular food that I can't live without, but I can tell you that garden fresh tomatoes, goat cheese, parmesan, basil, rosemary and thyme are all ingredients that I can't cook without. Actually, all those together sound like the perfect dish, so we will go with roasted tomatoes with herbed goat cheese as the food I can't live without!

0
0 0

Berries: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries...you get the idea :) I eat them fresh, with salads, in smoothies, on top of granola. I can't get enough berries! They are super delicious treats that make everything taste better. Berry cobbler is an absolute favorite dessert of mine and one we have all throughout the year. Yum!

0
0 0

Lamb chops! I'm from Australia but have lived in over 12 cities around the world. After spending some time exploring the local food, I always crave lamb chops. I guess you can take the girl out of Australia but you can't take Aussie out of the girl.

I'm delighted my two IttyBittyFoodies who are born in the USA have also acquired a taste for them. We simply grill them on the 'barbie' with rosemary, salt and pepper or sometimes add a herb crust. Pikelet & Lollo love them medium rare and with a little bit of mint sauce. The recipe takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and is what I call 'Gourmet Fast Food'. Lamb chops are on our monthly meal rotation.

0
1 0

That's a tough question. I love so many different foods, but if I had to chose one, I think I'd have to pick mangoes. I've always loved mangoes ever since I was a child. My favorite mangoes are ataulfo or champagne mangoes - I love the silky smooth flesh in this variety.

0
0 0

Honestly, as basic as it sounds, cereal. I grew up eating cereal every morning and, before I felt comfortable cooking in the kitchen, cereal was my staple for breakfast and dinner!

0
2 22

Pasta! There is so much you can do with it! Use it in soups, filled, with tomato sauce, with butter sauces, pasta can even be a dessert!

0
0 0

I could never live without carrots. I ate them so much when I was pregnant with my second child that she had an orange tint on her skin when she was born from all the carotene in my system! I still eat them everyday for lunch with hummus. I bake them, roast them, boil them, but eating them raw is my favorite. I just simply can't get enough of them. I'm surprised I don't have an orange tint myself!

0
45 35

The one food I could not live without is the combination of chocolate and peanut butter!

0
3 58

Fruit (all kinds). I eat so much fruit. It's sweet, delicious, healthy and full of great nutrients our bodies need.

0
0 0

I am slightly addicted to dark chocolate. I have a piece after every meal!

0
0 0

Desserts (most kinds) - it's all about moderation

0
0 0

Does chocolate sound like too obvious an answer?

I guess as a family fruit such as apples. There are a lot of vegetables that my son cannot have because of his allergies such as all beans, peas and lentils and with other veg he is very fussy although he is becoming less fussy with veg he loves apples specifically.

So me = chocolate, allergy boy = apples

0
0 0

Chicken! I make chicken about a million different ways. It is our staple!

0
0 0

Peanut Butter! I could dip or spread peanut butter on just about anything...love it!

0
0 0

Chia seeds.

0