What's one of the worst messes your child has made? Please share a link to a photo if you have one.

11 0

A chocolate Syrup party in his bedroom after we had just installed brand new Berber carpet.

http://www.wrinkledmommy.com/2010/11/hurricane-wade-strikes-again/

6
3 6

When my daughter was 3'ish with baby powder! "Look MOM, it's snowing!"

2
0 0

When our youngest was three he drew a racetrack on our cream colored carpet with a red sharpie. Four years later the carpet cleaners still talk about it! They love to mention that it was a really good track too!

1
0 0

I remember when my eldest was a baby she had dirtied her nappy and wiped it all over the carpet , floor and walls, leaving a trail to the toilet where she proceeded to sit and wait. Ummmm, we started toilet training soon after

1
1 0

Well, my daughter, a teen, was helping me do the laundry and left the Costco sized, almost full to the brim, Tide liquid detergent on the washing machine when she was done. The machine jiggled the jug off and it split open when it hit the the tiled floor. It was a blue flood that seeped under the door, down the stairs and even through the ceiling as our laundry room is on the second floor! It took us FOREVER to clean it up, but at least it smelled nice. ;)

http://www.TiredMama.com

1
0 0

My 3 and 4 year old toddlers decided to pile their toys up into a mountain and attempt to jump over the mountain. The mountain was two feet higher than the children's height and the whole living room took 2-hours to clean up.

0
12 0

Pooping in the bathtub...and throwing it on the carpet. Awesome.

0
2 3

Permanent Marker -
When my youngest was 2, he found a black permanent marker. He had to get creative to find this marker since there were non within a 2 year olds arm length. Within a few seconds, he drew an almost fully continuous line down the hallway carpet, across the full width of a new bedspread (on my bed), across both pillow shams, across the glass of the window, back down to the floor (did I mention I had light colored carpet?), across the front of the television screen and finally across the full length of the antique table that had been in my husbands family for over 100 years that television sat on. This is the same son who came to me with 3 large screws in his hand and said "here Mommy" right before I heard our kitchen table collapse. Both incidents occurred as we were discovering that he has autism. I had to chalk them up as signs of his creative and inquisitive side and then laugh.

0
0 13

One day last year I sent my rambunctious boys out into the backyard to play so that I could have some time to clean house without them underfoot. I heard squealing and giggling, so went out to investigate only to find them COVERED in mud from head to toe. They decided to turn the hose on and make mud pies. Nice. My first thought was to get really upset, but then I saw the pure joy that you only see on a child's face and decided to get my camera instead. This ended up being one of my most proud parenting moments, ironically enough. Because even though they had made a HUGE mess, they were having such fun and just enjoying being kids. It taught me that I am continuously trying to cross things off my To Do list, and sometimes I've just got to stop doing that and look around at what is going on around me. I need more time IN the moment, rather than planning the next 6 or 7 moments down the road. You can read more about it and see some HILARIOUS pictures in my blog post.

http://www.brendawritesablog.com/2012/01/proud-parenting-moment.html

0
0 0

In preparations to put our apartment on the market so that we could move from Brooklyn to Boston, we had hired a handyman to paint, plaster, tile, and generally improve our space. The relationship with that handyman soured, and after many weeks of his failure to meet expectations, we finally just asked him to finish whatever he was in the middle of and to leave the rest to us.

My husband and I wanted to give the living room a fresh coat of paint. We had two problems. First, we could not quite remember what color we had used five years earlier when we painted it the first time. Second, we were pretty sure that one of the four walls was (somehow) a different shade than the others. We tried our best, but in all honesty, we probably had three false starts getting those walls freshly painted - all in the same color.

Nevertheless, we did finish the walls several weeks before we had to move so that I could start my new job.

Which is exactly when my older son found a permanent purple marker.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=422800694426697&set=a.390121661027934.95676.233519416688160&type=1&theater

0
0 0

We have a 24 month old who, for the most part, is very tidy. One day, however, I caught him trying to clean up a powdered sugar mess he had made in the kitchen in the one minute I stepped away to go to the bathroom. Powdered sugar was everywhere: on him, on the floor, and on me by the time I scooped him to to give him a bath.

Video link below. :0)

http://youtu.be/n25C2RhdUpQ

0
28 2

My son will be 6 on November 12th and besides the toys, he has a tendency of urinating on the toilet and bathroom floor. This pisses me off to the max but often times he's either rushing or half sleep. So I try to help him out by leaving the toilet seat up for him and I also make him clean his mess up which he hates. Hopefully he'll grow out of this.

0
39 0

Kids surely do know how to create chaos, huh? But they always do it in an unbelievably cute way that you just can't muster enough will to stay mad! :) If you're tired of cleaning their messes, then distract them with an educational application! This surely did my nieces and nephews some good and I'm planning on making my child give it a try soon. Follow the link: http://maddieandmatt.com/ But be sure to guide them while they handle your precious devices! You wouldn't want them to break it!

0
0 0

This is not such a terrible mess, but it is funny to remember:) http://www.bagofpretty.blogspot.hu/2012/08/unleash-artist.html

0
19 0

My thinking (and fear) is, as soon as I post a "worst mess" it will be overshadowed by a new one. :) LOL Isn't that how it goes with kids?

Anyway, just for the sake of answering this question, I'll say the worst mess I ever had to clean up was when my oldest son was, if memory serves, just 3 and his little brother was 1 1/2. It was getting close to winter time, and my kids had this foam puzzle map of a town with a road that covered a good portion of their floor (gift from grandma, of course :) ). The boys were supposed to be napping, but my oldest decided that his brother needed some entertainment and proceded to "make it snow" all over the town (and the cars he'd set up on the road) with baby powder. Not just any baby powder, however. Oh no - the expensive Baby Gold Bond that I swore by for diaper rash and had just bought. I think he emptied most of the bottle before I'd gone in to check on them - he was oh so sneakily quiet about it. :)

When I asked him what he was doing, he smiled up at me as innocent as can be and said, "I'm making it snow for Sean." Well, my heart did melt, even if it was a mess, and I told him that wasn't the best idea, got him into the bathroom to wash the powder off his body, got him into a new change of clothes and had him help me a little with the clean up (he held the dust pan while I sweep). That stuff was horrible to get out (I had to scrub it out with wet clothes after sweeping up as best as I could), and honestly it never completely came out.

The boys did eventually get a nap, and I'm pretty sure I took one, too, after all that! :) It's a memory that makes me smile today, though at the time I was more frazzled than pleased, even though the reason he did it was sweet.

0
0 0

When my second child was 2 years old, he decided to turn our playroom into a winter wonderland while I was upstairs doing dishes. He took my $4 squishy pillow and a pair of scissors, cut a few holes in it and shook the contents over the floor. I sensed something was happening because there was an unidentifiable swishing sound coming from the playroom. I came to find out that the strange sound was my son "skiing" his little feet through the foam-fill-turned-snow.
http://estellelle.blogspot.ca/2010/03/excuse-picture-quality-of-next-few.html

0
2 13

My daughter finger painted with poop on her walls and bed during nap time.

Pictures for you!
http://jamonkey.com/finger-painting-2/

0
0 0

I know this is a horrible thing to think about, particularly when most of the answers here involve small children, but I can't stress the importance of teaching daughters to *not* flush their tampons. Last December, two days before my husband was due home from a 7 month deployment, our main sewer line backed up into our basement. Imagine an inch of poo water in your home. The plumber pulled a huge wad of tampons that had gotten caught on the tree roots that had grown into our very old plumbing system and was causing sewage to back up into our basement. Thank goodness we didn't have to have expensive repairs done, and our toilets were working again by that afternoon. It took a lot of water, bleach, and perseverance to clean all that up, though, and I still refer to the whole mess as The Great Poop Disaster of 2011.
http://thismotherswork.com/

0
73 33

Which time are you talking about? With surviving quadruplets they are always up to something! Are you talking about the time they pulled the stuffing from my couch and spread it everywhere? The time they took the pastina (very tiny star pasta) and emptied it into my kitchen floor? Or the salt? Sugar? The time one of the children pooped in the stairwell and then all the children smeared the poop into the carpet and walls of the stairwell? The time one of the children clogged the toilet and kept flushing it until it flooded the bathroom and part of the living room (I was only gone about 15 minutes)? That cost me $600 to repair the damage and unclog the toilet!

You can read about our life on http://mommax6.blogspot.com/

Here is a picture of the stuffing all over my living room...lol!
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/MURI72/September%202012/1-303098_1943934448987_968775588_n1-002_zps7a55771e.jpg

0
2 0

he has pood in his room all over the walls carpet and window very gross to clean up

0
87 0

The worse mess my child has made is actually of her face...with my favourite Red Chanel lipstick. All over her face and hands...and all over our carpet.

check out my facebook page to take a look!
www.facebook.com/IfOnlyTheydToldMe

0
0 0

The worst mess was when my daughter decided to finger paint on the wall with red glitter glue. By the time I found it it was dry. That one didn't get completely fixed until we sold that house and repainted.

Funniest one was when my toddler dumped a jumbo bottle of cinnamon. Vacuuming just spread the smell everywhere. At least it was a nice smell.

0
0 0

If I had to choose one, it would have to be the first time any of my boys decided to use poop as finger paint. My youngest had just learned how to remove his diaper, and decided that naptime was better spent becoming the next Picasso, using poop and the bedroom wall. Well, the wall, crib, bedding, stuffed animals, blankets, himself and his hair.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I went up to check on him after about an hour. I was wishing for a fire-hose and Lysol!

0
0 0

When of my kids was a toddler and got into the 40 lbs of dog food, trying to feed the dog and it covered the kitchen floor. Oh what a mess, lol.

0
3 25

Wow, this is a hard one to answer. Messes are a specialty in my household. I think the most memorable one I have (but I do not have a pic) is when my daughter was 2 and she covered the dog from head to tail in butter. It was not easy or fun to clean up.

0
10 6

The worst mess my kids made was in the kitchen, when a quart of used frying oil landed on the kitchen's tile floor. Slippery doesn't even begin to describe it! I ended up pouring hot soapy water on the floor after I'd wiped up as much as I could and mopping and re-mopping. What a mess!

0
0 0

Black waterproof mascara on the wall about an hour before my mother in law was due to visit our new house for the first time... there is no pic as I was too panicked to take one!!

0
3 0

When my little one was two, we were on a road trip and she got ill. She threw up all over her dad! He turned out to be a deadbeat dad ... wonder if instinctively she knew? Ha!

0
1 0

My twins used to love to play "the very hungry catepillar". When they were about 1 1/2 - 2, they empited pretty much the entire fridge in under 5 minutes. Huge mess in the kitchen that trailed into the family room. I was picking up 1/2 eaten food and smushed food for what felt like an eternity!!! Now that they are older, thank goodness they no longer do this and do like to help in the kitchen! They also went through a phase when naptime equaled dumping out all their dresser drawers and closet. Thank goodness that is over too! Be sure to check out my blog for tips on surviving with four kids in four years and my crazy life!

http://momof4va.blogspot.com/2012/02/dippity-do-dah.html

0
0 0

My 2 year old artist got his hands on a Sharpie marker and proceeded to draw me a picture all over my hardwood floors! Covering the entire area between our kitchen and dining area (which is all open). I was in such a panic I didn't snap any photos. Thankfully Lysol Kitchen Cleaner got 75% of it up, the rest I had to sand and reapply a protective finish.

0
13 19

I wish I had a photo, but when my daughter was 2, she got a hold of a Sharpie. Five minutes out of the room doing dishes and I had an ENTIRE wall covered with Sharpie. I had to prime and repaint the entire wall!

0
1 14

My three year old took markers to our couch! Thankfully, both the markers and cushion covers were washable!

http://www.spoiledbutnotrotten.net/

0